Rams Week And A Day

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he is not. Not what any of us want to hear but there's no point in pretending otherwise.

The serenity prayer would help a lot of Bengals fans this week....

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joe should try to just drink beer eat wings and just chill. Put on little fat. He might be too lean. He should follow whatever chase/Higgins eat they didn’t have any issues. If joe had cannon of arm he could get thru things. Joe uses his legs to throw. We should run wildcat more gimmic plays if joe needs to rest more. 
get that thing right joe. I don’t want another injury because you can’t protect yourself. Stealers are knee hunting and alligator rolling knees. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

The serenity prayer would help a lot of Bengals fans this week....

Fans are gonna fan. The Bengals FO are the ones that need to make the tough decision & eat the short term losses that come with it.

Knowing when to throw in the towel or cut ties has not been this org's strong suit. Some real pennywise but pound foolish decisions.

30 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think if I am the Bengals I put in an extra linemen and run jumbo packages as the base offense until we can get Joe 100%

Just sit him FFS.  If it costs us the playoffs this year oh well & it doesn't look like anyone is going to be running away with the division anyhow.  Somebody in the Bengals FO needs to play the heavy and do the smart thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Still won't work...

I'm seriously losing faith in Pollack's coaching.

Really depends on if he's the one drafting bums. If he's being handed a bag of suck expecting him to turn that into a squad of all-pros isn't very realistic. Don't think they've invested top picks in the OL since Alexander left either.

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Really depends on if he's the one drafting bums. If he's being handed a bag of suck expecting him to turn that into a squad of all-pros isn't very realistic. Don't think they've invested top picks in the OL since Alexander left either.

Im sure Pollack has a say in drafting.

Show one lineman that's improved under him ..

Allways about ready to jell.

They haven't.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Volson. The rest of the OL are free agents, late picks, or Jonah who he was stuck with. 

Volson was a 4th rounder, as was D'Ante Smith. Carman was a 2nd rounder. Hill and Adeniji were 6th rounders. 

Jonah was of course taken in the first half of the first round. And not very good. Dawand Jones dominated TJ Watt on Monday, so much so the Stealers moved Watt away from  him. 

• Like 1

We have the best WR group in the NFL right?

Arguably the best overall roster?

An improved offensive line?

Jake Browning beat out Brandon Allen and Trevor Simien. 

If we can't win a game or two without Joe Burrow than much of that isn't actually true and/or our coaching staff is very bad. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Volson was a 4th rounder, as was D'Ante Smith. Carman was a 2nd rounder. Hill and Adeniji were 6th rounders. 

Jonah was of course taken in the first half of the first round. And not very good. Dawand Jones dominated TJ Watt on Monday, so much so the Stealers moved Watt away from  him. 

We must have been watching different games.  Watt blew by the guy for a key sack in the second half.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

We must have been watching different games.  Watt blew by the guy for a key sack in the second half.

Yeah, Watt had his way with Jones. I liked Jones coming out of OSU, and he’s played extremely well overall, but the Paul Bunyan-ization of him has to stop. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

We have the best WR group in the NFL right?

Arguably the best overall roster?

An improved offensive line?

Jake Browning beat out Brandon Allen and Trevor Simien. 

If we can't win a game or two without Joe Burrow than much of that isn't actually true and/or our coaching staff is very bad. 

An "improved" OL doesn't mean they're good, only that they are better than they were. It's a low bar.

• Like 1