Rats Short Week (Episode 2)

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/11/15/23963240/ravens-players-think-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-faked-week-2-injury-per-insider

Ravens players think Joe Burrow faked Week 2 injury, per insider

If the rivalry between the Cincinnati Bengals and Baltimore Ravens wasn’t heated enough, here is a little more fuel to add to the fire ahead of their Thursday night matchup. 

Jack Settleman, founder of Snapback Sports, and co-host of the Punch Line Podcast with Baltimore cornerback Marlon Humphrey, shared a little inside info on our podcast. It seems Baltimore’s players think Cincinnati quarterback Joe Burrow was looking for excuses after a bad game in Week 2. Here’s what Settleman said:

“The Ravens don’t think Joe Burrow was hurt for Week 2, and they think that when he limped after throwing that last interception, that was a little of embellishment. And they didn’t necessarily appreciate that.”

I then asked Settleman to share which players felt that way. He said, “Well, Geno Stone had the interception. Kyle Hamilton’s in the secondary. I’m pretty sure... who locked down Ja’Marr [Chase] in the end zone that game, was it Rock Ya-Sin?”

I again asked for clarification, saying, “They all say he faked his injury, those guys?”

And he said, “Yes, exactly.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Bulletin board material

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing the talking heads about this 'road game primetime losing streak', which apparently is at 14 games. Doesn't this entire retarded prime time narrative kinda go away when you make it, oh I don't know, to the God damn Super Bowl? 

Why in fucks name are we talking about this? Let's say we win tonight, what's the next talking point? That we haven't won a night game when the wind is out of the northeast at 12 mph??? 

• Upvote 3

AFC Playoff Picture Now Going Into Thursday Night

1. Kansas City

2. Baltimore

3. Jacksonville

4. Miami

5. Pittsburgh

6. Cleveland

7. Houston

Houston is there because of a gift from us.

We still play 5 of the 7.

Tonight and Sunday are going to shake things up.

Next 3 weeks, counting tonight are going to be brutal

with Rats, Steals, and Jags at night away.

Make poopie or get off the pot time.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Keys to victory

On O

Protect Joe

Someone other than Chase has to step up

We have no room for any offensive lul, get ahead early and keep the foot on the gas

You have to score on turnovers when we get them.

On D

Get to Lamar

Stop the Run

Create turnovers

On O

Get something positive out of the run game.

On D

Stop or at least severely hamper the tight end.  For a change

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

On O

Get something positive out of the run game.

On D

Stop or at least severely hamper the tight end.  For a change

Just having the running game be enough of a threat to pull down the safeties into the box would be huge.

I'd be happy just keeping Andrews under 100 yards.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/11/15/23963240/ravens-players-think-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-faked-week-2-injury-per-insider

Ravens players think Joe Burrow faked Week 2 injury, per insider

If the rivalry between the Cincinnati Bengals and Baltimore Ravens wasn’t heated enough, here is a little more fuel to add to the fire ahead of their Thursday night matchup. 

Jack Settleman, founder of Snapback Sports, and co-host of the Punch Line Podcast with Baltimore cornerback Marlon Humphrey, shared a little inside info on our podcast. It seems Baltimore’s players think Cincinnati quarterback Joe Burrow was looking for excuses after a bad game in Week 2. Here’s what Settleman said:

“The Ravens don’t think Joe Burrow was hurt for Week 2, and they think that when he limped after throwing that last interception, that was a little of embellishment. And they didn’t necessarily appreciate that.”

I then asked Settleman to share which players felt that way. He said, “Well, Geno Stone had the interception. Kyle Hamilton’s in the secondary. I’m pretty sure... who locked down Ja’Marr [Chase] in the end zone that game, was it Rock Ya-Sin?”

I again asked for clarification, saying, “They all say he faked his injury, those guys?”

Bulletin board material

Burrow doesn't make excuses.

Hopefully he will show them tonight how good he is when healthy. 

In the meantime, him and our OL had better keep their heads on a swivel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Bulletin board material

Objection, your Honor, hearsay. 

Sustained 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Burrow doesn't make excuses.

Hopefully he will show them tonight how good he is when healthy. 

In the meantime, him and our OL had better keep their heads on a swivel. 

Going to be a brutally physical game.

To much at stake in the AFCN race for supremacy.

• Upvote 1

Like most/many, I had Houston as a win and tonight as a loss. But I'm feeling decent about their chances tonight, at this point. Maybe it's because I'm in denial that they may actually miss the playoffs, and because they have risen up from this type situation two years in a row.

I am weary of the "must win" stuff on Twitter. That phrase is SO overused and misused by people talking about all teams in all leagues. Even with a loss, they can get to 10-7 with 5-2 the rest of the way. You'd think 10-7 would get in, but it may not this year, depending on tiebreakers.

If it's not our year (again), I just have two wishes:

1. Kansas City does not make it to the Super Bowl

2. Pittsburgh does not win a playoff game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1