Would you prefer the Bengals lose out?

Bengals losing out ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the Bengals lose out to get the best draft pick?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which of these 2 options would you prefer if the only options?

• Team goes 8-9, misses playoffs
    • Team loses out, goes 5-12
  3. 3. Is there any chance the Bengals can still make the playoffs?

• Are you fucking insane! They might not win a game!
    • I mean, it's not likely, but I'm a sucker for hope
    • Not unless Burrow amputates and throws from a pirate hook

This kind of stupidity epitomizes why I left the board a couple of years ago. Shitcan the season with 7 games left and only a game out of playoff contention?  They didn't lose the Stealers game because Burrow was out. It was because our defense is total shit. They let the shittiest offense in the league get over 400 yards. That will be the reason if we don't make the playoffs.  If our defense even upgrades to not too crappy, there will be a chance. It's sad that there are a bunch of members here that will be disappointed if we win without Burrow and weaken his legacy.  I left because I knew that reading these posts is pointless. So predictable.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

This kind of stupidity epitomizes why I left the board a couple of years ago. Shitcan the season with 7 games left and only a game out of playoff contention?  They didn't lose the Stealers game because Burrow was out. It was because our defense is total shit. They let the shittiest offense in the league get over 400 yards. That will be the reason if we don't make the playoffs.  If our defense even upgrades to not too crappy, there will be a chance. It's sad that there are a bunch of members here that will be disappointed if we win without Burrow and weaken his legacy.  I left because I knew that reading these posts is pointless. So predictable.

To each his own in opinions.

12 minutes ago, Hooky said:

So glad you and some of the others (Arkansas off the top of my head) decided to come back after

1181's board crashed and burned, unfortunately.

Would like to see more of you and more posts.

2 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I guess a thought is with the talent we have on this team…if you don’t think you can win a SB this year, what does making the playoffs do for you?  How does that make you better next year?  If you think we can win a SB this year, that’s a different story.

This.

47 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I guess a thought is with the talent we have on this team…if you don’t think you can win a SB this year, what does making the playoffs do for you?  How does that make you better next year?  If you think we can win a SB this year, that’s a different story.

There are so many examples of teams in all sports…having squeaked into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth—and then declared impossible to even sniff the championship, did just that. 

Tell me any team anywhere who doesn’t believe they can win it all, if given the shot? Only fans and media fools in tank tops make those judgments. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There are so many examples of teams in all sports…having squeaked into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth—and then declared impossible to even sniff the championship, did just that. 

Tell me any team anywhere who doesn’t believe they can win it all, if given the shot? Only fans and media fools in tank tops make those judgments. 

That’s fair. Some people believe they can win it all without Burrow, some don’t. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

The oddsmakers give the Bengals much less than a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs. They have a difficult remaining schedule, there are so many teams with similar records. Tiebreakers are going to come into play for sure, and the Bengals are behind everyone else on almost all of them. Bad conference record, horrific division record. If they were in the NFC, they would be able to cruise into the playoffs even without Burrow.

• Upvote 1

Right now the only team in the AFC that I do not believe we can beat with Browning is the Ravens. They look to be the class of the AFC. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone else knock them off once we get in (right now if we get in), but I do not want to face them in the playoffs. Especially in Baltimore.

6 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe they can get to the SB.

I'd say improbable, but not impossible. Their offense is playing well and they are getting contributions from a bunch of guys... Browning certainly, the RBs, WRs, TEs (Sample and Hudson esp) and the OL is playjng some of their best football this year. Having Tee back will help too. What I like on offense in particular is it seems like it's been less about putting it on one guy's shoulders, and instead, having more guys (including the coaching staff) shouldering the burden. It's great to see how the team is responding, and how Jake has come in and contributed so seamlessly. He's got a calm demeanor and it's resonating. 

The defense is better as well - surely not great - but having Hubbard back has helped, and they aren't having as many coverage busts as before in the back end. Chido is playing better, and especially with CTB out, that's been big. LB play hasn't been very good this year but the last few weeks, they're better. STs - coverage has been good, Money Mac has been very good, and Robbins... meh, but not terrible lately. He IS a good holder! :)

You want to be peaking this time of year, and look to be better now than before. They should win this weekend, and then we'll see what happens. Hoping for 1-0 on Saturday. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Right now the only team in the AFC that I do not believe we can beat with Browning is the Ravens. They look to be the class of the AFC. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone else knock them off once we get in (right now if we get in), but I do not want to face them in the playoffs. Especially in Baltimore.

Yes Baltimore is a load.

So is Cincinnati now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes Baltimore is a load.

So is Cincinnati now.

We're too up and down for my liking. 

If the O and D can play like they did this week then sure, if they show up lame, especially the defense, we're in trouble. 

I really haven't seen much inconsistency from the Ravens, that's what scares me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Not getting a connecting point. So it’s better to tank a season than to take the chance of facing the Rats in the playoffs? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Not getting a connecting point. So it’s better to tank a season than to take the chance of facing the Rats in the playoffs? 

Before Browning showed he wasn't the guy that sucked in the preseason (and sucked in the Steelers game) tanking imho was the best option considering how many guys we are slated to lose this offseason.

At this point Browning balling out has put a kabosh on tanking. 

I also at the point don't know that I believe we can beat the Ravens.

My best hope is for Browning to continue to ball out and hope we can use him to trade up into the top 10 to get a top tackle for the future.

So we're still on this topic (not a complaint or anything personal or negative about anyone on here who has commented... for the sake of clarification)

As of right now, after yesterday's game where the Clots showed up for exactly 24 seconds,

I want to see the Bengals go deep into the playoffs and hopefully all the way.

If we don't make the playoffs, it will be a disappointing season and a meh draft pick where maybe

we can draft the next Cedrick Ogbuheihei or whoever the hell he was.

I don't want us to become the Marvins 2.0 mired in mediocrity with mid round picks who turn

the team into a team that looks like a bunch of mediocre meh mid round picks.

And has Catfish Bob left the building?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So we're still on this topic (not a complaint or anything personal or negative about anyone on here who has commented... for the sake of clarification)

As of right now, after yesterday's game where the Clots showed up for exactly 24 seconds,

I want to see the Bengals go deep into the playoffs and hopefully all the way.

If we don't make the playoffs, it will be a disappointing season and a meh draft pick where maybe

we can draft the next Cedrick Ogbuheihei or whoever the hell he was.

I don't want us to become the Marvins 2.0 mired in mediocrity with mid round picks who turn

the team into a team that looks like a bunch of mediocre meh mid round picks.

And has Catfish Bob left the building?

I'm focused on one thing and that's pushing for the playoffs and on to the SB with Zach and Jake at the helm.

I mean why not us?

• Upvote 2