Would you prefer the Bengals lose out?

Bengals losing out ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the Bengals lose out to get the best draft pick?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which of these 2 options would you prefer if the only options?

• Team goes 8-9, misses playoffs
    • Team loses out, goes 5-12
  3. 3. Is there any chance the Bengals can still make the playoffs?

• Are you fucking insane! They might not win a game!
    • I mean, it's not likely, but I'm a sucker for hope
    • Not unless Burrow amputates and throws from a pirate hook

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

So if Amarius Mims is there at 9 or 10

with his #19 ranking by Athletic they'd be reaching too much?

Makes me wonder.

Keep in mind the draft ranks by site are VERY subjective. Scouting is part art and part science plus each team has it's own traits and systems it drafts towards. 

For example, Guyton is ranked at #72 at PFF and #22 at the Athletic. It is only a few years later we know who was accurate and who was not.  Complicating htis, our team sucks at OL drafting. Honestly, if we spent our top 3 picks on OL I would not be dissapointed. That will never happen but I would be behind it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Keep in mind the draft ranks by site are VERY subjective. Scouting is part art and part science plus each team has it's own traits and systems it drafts towards. 

For example, Guyton is ranked at #72 at PFF and #22 at the Athletic. It is only a few years later we know who was accurate and who was not.  Complicating htis, our team sucks at OL drafting. Honestly, if we spent our top 3 picks on OL I would not be dissapointed. That will never happen but I would be behind it. 

T in 1

G in 2

After that get me a TE and a DT

everything else is gravy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Agree.  I would like to see OT Round One and OG Round Two.

And I am not in 100% agreement with some of the statements here that college OLinemen are not

ready for the NFL right out of college.  Scouting and coaching should clear some of that up.

As far as depending on Free Agents... I hate that a idea.

Volson takes all the heat but considering how the entire Oline plays and where we rank, the rest of them

aren't exactly rosebuds, either.

As far as Jonah Williams... with the stats and praise he is currently getting, I want him gone, too.

I can't forget he got Joe Burrow knocked out for the season, and thank God not career, and watching

T.J. Watt go untouched into Browning last week tells me all I want to know about Jonah Williams.

Of course, Bengals Being Bengals and Bengals Doing What Bengals Do...

if a flashy wide receiver falls (besides Harrison who won't) they will make him

the next John Ross or David Verser.

In Tee I Trust.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And I am not in 100% agreement with some of the statements here that college OLinemen are not

ready for the NFL right out of college.  Scouting and coaching should clear some of that up.

Volson takes all the heat but considering how the entire Oline plays and where we rank, the rest of them

As far as Jonah Williams... with the stats and praise he is currently getting, I want him gone, too.

I can't forget he got Joe Burrow knocked out for the season, and thank God not career, and watching

T.J. Watt go untouched into Browning last week tells me all I want to know about Jonah Williams.

In Tee I Trust.

"In Tee I trust'..

Absolutely..

To hell with Jonah.

Take that money and sign Higgins.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

In Tee I Trust.

I'm not sure if that was on Jonnah or Drew as they both seemed to be in that area and Drew seemed to not have a guy to even block. Miscommunication? 

22 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Can Orlando Brown Jr play ORT?

One of the main reasons the Bengals got him here (other than Burrow) was they promised him he could stay at LT.

OBj considers this a deal breaker as being a LT is a promise he made to his late father. So I don't see that as an option. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure if that was on Jonnah or Drew as they both seemed to be in that area and Drew seemed to not have a guy to even block. Miscommunication? 

That was on Drew Sample, he just completely ignored Watt and blocked no one on that play...not sure how or why you would let that happen

4 minutes ago, sois said:

I want to lose enough Taylor is fired 

That's not happening, Taylor is not getting fired with Burrow out for the year. The franchise loves this guy despite his shortcomings and they are extremely loyal, they gave Marvin 15 years and the opportunity to go 0-7 in the playoffs, Taylor went to 2 AFC championship games and a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That's not happening, Taylor is not getting fired with Burrow out for the year. The franchise loves this guy despite his shortcomings and they are extremely loyal, they gave Marvin 15 years and the opportunity to go 0-7 in the playoffs, Taylor went to 2 AFC championship games and a Super Bowl.

Taylor will absolutely be here until the contract is over..

It's the Bengal way.

We all know that..

• Upvote 3

Our inability to run block might be due to college's running spread offenses. But it doesn't explain our poor pass blocking.

We could target Cooper Beebe in round 2 as a Volson replacement or Cappa successor. I think he's also played center.

In round 1 I think we'll be drafting in the 10-12 range. There may be a run on QBs this year as there are several good prospects. Besides Maye and Williams there are experienced players like Nix, Penix, and Daniels available who are more polished than guys like Richardson or Levis were last year.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I usually detest articles based on X postings…but he did use the usual banal blatherings of social media to frame a simple question for John Q AverageFan: 

Is losing week after week—with the intact talent on the team—really what you want to see? 

If nobody really cares…sure, why not? But, having seen this movie way too many times, I will bet the farm—if “tanking” actually occurs—by week 16, the same people rooting for better draft picks/schedule now will be calling the team “Quitters” and declaring that the coaches have “lost the team/locker room”. 

You get what you wish for. 

Change my mind. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I usually detest articles based on X postings…but he did use the usual banal blatherings of social media to frame a simple question for John Q AverageFan: 

Is losing week after week—with the intact talent on the team—really what you want to see? 

If nobody really cares…sure, why not? But, having seen this movie way too many times, I will bet the farm—if “tanking” actually occurs—by week 16, the same people rooting for better draft picks/schedule now will be calling the team “Quitters” and declaring that the coaches have “lost the team/locker room”. 

You get what you wish for. 

Change my mind. 

John Q would do just that.

Id like to think our board wouldnt.

• Upvote 1

I'm now down for I do not think they will lose out.

I would, however, like to see then trade up for a Bowers of Alt,

Peace in the Middle East and to finally find the pony in the mountain

of horse manure.

But there's a chance.  There's always a chance.

Last Sunday prayers were answered and the scoreboard ring

went out not only killing the time clock but stopping The Game Day

Experience Get Loud prompts.

• Upvote 1