Cleveland Football Team Week (Part 2)

17 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... It is if we lose Ja'Marr Chase to a 12 month injury through all of next season in the process. 

Worrying too much about injuries. Football players play football. We could lose Ja'Marr Chase to a 12 month injury while jet skiing in Bermuda next month. Joe Burrow could get decapitated by an errant hubcap while out walking the dog. This sort of thinking is bottomless ya know?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Worrying too much about injuries. Football players play football. We could lose Ja'Marr Chase to a 12 month injury while jet skiing in Bermuda next month. Joe Burrow could get decapitated by an errant hubcap while out walking the dog. This sort of thinking is bottomless ya know?

That's why you see teams put those things in contracts where if you are doing non-football that has a high risk of injury you give money back.

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

... It is if we lose Ja'Marr Chase to a 12 month injury through all of next season in the process. 

If he is “70%”..as he was yesterday…he likely would not play. And it would make sense. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Or fuck up a calf in “meaningless” preseason practice? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Or fuck up a calf in “meaningless” preseason practice? 

Right, should've sat everyone until the bye week just to be safe.  I'm sure the 1-3 start had nothing to do with treating those games like their preseason.

• Upvote 1

I heard mixon is close to a bonus. I think he is 1 tds away You think they let him play?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12913109/amp/NFL-players-bonus-dollars-Jadeveon-Clowney-Joe-Flacco.html

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon needs one more touchdown to reach ten for the season and a $250,000 bonus. If he can take his tally even further to 12, that figure will jump to $350,000

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

I heard mixon is close to a bonus. I think he is 1 tds away You think they let him play?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12913109/amp/NFL-players-bonus-dollars-Jadeveon-Clowney-Joe-Flacco.html

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon needs one more touchdown to reach ten for the season and a $250,000 bonus. If he can take his tally even further to 12, that figure will jump to $350,000

No doubt he plays if able. Wouldn't surprise me if he went in for a single goal line series just to get that chance. Tends to be a class organization when it comes to that kind of stuff, at least from what I can remember.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Tends to be a class organization when it comes to that kind of stuff, at least from what I can remember.

Yes.  The Bengals petitioned/asked the league to count a two-point conversion attempt as a play so that Kitna would earn an incentive bonus…otherwise, he would have been one play short.

• Upvote 1

Something to watch for...

Trey Hendrickson is tied with the Pittsburgh Stealers’ TJ Watt for the NFL sack title with 17 as he bids to become the first Cincinnati Bengals player to claim an official NFL sack title. In 1976, six years before sacks were an official stat, the Bengals’ Coy Bacon led the league with 22.

:::::::::::::::::

So can Trey get more sacks on the Browns O line than

Watt Me Worry on the Rats? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Right, should've sat everyone until the bye week just to be safe.  I'm sure the 1-3 start had nothing to do with treating those games like their preseason.

I mean had we started Jake and let Joe sit, how many games would Jake have won and how much quicker would Joe have gotten healthy? Jake has shown he can win games.

• Upvote 1

Will Browns rest starters in Week 18?

Browns expected to rest players in Week 18 as they wait to learn playoff opponent. The Browns will likely rest some players during Sunday's season finale in Cincinnati, but Browns coach Kevin Stefanski isn't ready to commit to any names or lists. "We're working through all that," Stefanski said Monday.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Something to watch for...

Trey Hendrickson is tied with the Pittsburgh Stealers’ TJ Watt for the NFL sack title with 17 as he bids to become the first Cincinnati Bengals player to claim an official NFL sack title. In 1976, six years before sacks were an official stat, the Bengals’ Coy Bacon led the league with 22.

:::::::::::::::::

So can Trey get more sacks on the Browns O line than

Watt Me Worry on the Rats? 

Trey will have more sacks than

Alfred E. Newman final totals.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:
Will Browns rest starters in Week 18?

Browns expected to rest players in Week 18 as they wait to learn playoff opponent. The Browns will likely rest some players during Sunday's season finale in Cincinnati, but Browns coach Kevin Stefanski isn't ready to commit to any names or lists. "We're working through all that," Stefanski said Monday.

I think they should and will.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Way back when...during the actual Browns '60's days...this guy was a very good QB, and one of my early idols:

image.png.bcc20efa41a09d183338d4a7e705c15c.png 

RIP

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/01/frank-ryan-passes-away-at-the-age-of-87-last-browns-qb-to-win-a-title-terry-pluto.html

Frank Ryans record as the Browns QB

was 55-22...

He's ranked as the 3rd best QB in their history behind Otto Graham and Bernie Kosar..

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

Paycor is going to be inundated with Browns fans this weekend. 😕

Maybe. But that isn’t unusual. The only times I haven’t seen a remarkable number of them, was when they were absolutely abysmal. Even then, one could tell they were there. 

I would say it was a “meaningless” game for them also, but that has rarely stopped them from going. 

Once, long ago, they annoyed the piss out of me. Now they are just “fans” in different colors. 

• Upvote 1

We stay dry until Saturday morning, before wet  and slushy snow develops. It will be a First Alert Weather Day on Saturday from dawn through the evening hours.

While it’s too early for accumulation numbers, we do expect accumulation of wet snow across the area. The temperature will play a key role as a slight change could bring more of a mix or more snow. This will be a game time decision, depending on the temperature. While I do think we see snow accumulation, we may dial back or dial up just depending on the temperature. 

This will continue with a mix possible into Sunday. Updates as we get closer.

Rain/Snow Mix...High 37... 60% chance of precipitation 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Piece of cake. I golf in that weather. 😄

I play soccer in that weather…

…but next week I’ll be playing in the Florida Classic Soccer Tournament in much better weather. 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1