Keeping our enemies close: 2024

This play shows that Mahomes has that killer instinct, as he immediately recognizes the injury and then tells his coach to exploit it.

It's also sad to hear Fred Warner scream "Noo!" when he realizes what happened to his duo at LB. 

On 2/13/2024 at 12:39 PM, sparky151 said:

What makes anyone think Lawrence is a top 10 QB? The Jags will probably exercise his 5th year option but he's been disappointing thus far in his career. 

What makes anyone think Mahomes is better than a guy he's 3-1 against & has only beat with the help of a 5th down do-over from the refs?

or Dak Prescott? He's just Andy Dalton with a bigger ad budget.  If he played for someone like Jacksonville he'd be an afterthought.

• Like 2

I have always been entertained by the premise that “X quarterback beats Y quarterback” 

Like the other 21 players on the field for X’s team were cardboard cutouts? 

This is a modern-day usage. I never heard it used years ago. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Le Tigre said:

I have always been entertained by the premise that “X quarterback beats Y quarterback” 

Like the other 21 players on the field for X’s team were cardboard cutouts? 

A couple of ours may as well have been...

In Burrow's 2 full seasons he was the most sacked QB in the NFL.  Result? 1-1 in back to back AFCC games.  What other QB's done that without being a run-first type like Vick?

To put it another way, you think Mahomes is going to even one AFCC while taking more sacks than any other QB?

It's an insane accomplishment both for individual effort and for the team letting that happen a second time.  Most teams giving up sacks like that are lucky to have a break-even season. To put it yet another way, imagine what Burrow could do behind the Chiefs OL.  Then, despite the beating he's taking thanks to our goofshit FO, he signs an extension instead of jumping ship for more money and probably fewer injuries elsewhere.  No complaints, just goes back to rehabbing on the latest trip to IR.

So yeah.. Y'all can have Kermit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was being whimsical, not argumentative. I also have never understood the premise of “Won/Loss” records with baseball pitchers. Their function is strictly defensive in nature. If there were not any runs scored in a game on their side, whatever record would be at best 0-0. But baseball has always had this premise , so I take it as it is. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I was being whimsical, not argumentative. I also have never understood the premise of “Won/Loss” records with baseball pitchers. Their function is strictly defensive in nature. If there were not any runs scored in a game on their side, whatever record would be at best 0-0. But baseball has always had this premise , so I take it as it is. 

Not so in baseballl today.

W-L mean little.

6 quality innings is the goal.

ERA is another.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Griever said:

Have also seen Fields linked to Shitsburgh

I think Tomlin wants Fields.

Cheaper younger and could be explosive.

Don't know why the Bears want to rid of him aside from keeping the QB cap space in rook level.

Hopefully the inbreds draft or

acquire another shit QB cause  aside from Jen they've failed at it .over and over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fields didn't have much of a chance in Chicago. It was only this past season they got him a WR1 and added a good RT. But they'll probably draft Caleb Williams and move Fields for what they can get. He did have a lot of turnovers and bad reads. On the other hand, he has all the tools you might want and is a good character guy. So somebody will give him a second chance.

Wilson was bad in 2022 but actually played pretty well in 2023. He's lost a step and isn't a physical specimen. But he's smart and can run an offense. The Denver GM should be fired for the Wilson trade, the Wilson contract, and the Hackett hire. But Wilson can get an otherwise talented team to the playoffs so that makes him attractive to a number of teams. He's getting 39 mil from Denver (subject to offset) so he'll work cheap in 2024 if he gets guaranteed money for 2025 and beyond. 

• Upvote 1