8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I have probably mentioned this before; I watch mostly west coast college football--and Oregon State in particular. Don't be fooled: Fuaga is as natural a RT as you will find anywhere. He gets higher "grades" for run blocking, but my eyes didn't deceive me watching him pass block. Big man...anchors superbly...deft enough to stay with edge rushers, and rarely gets swim moved inside. Long time starter also. No "breaking in" like Mims. 

Forget the guard stuff--this is a tackle. 

Yes..

I missed out on getting Sewell

Getting Fuaga would redeem it.

Can't help but think other teams see the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

This helps explain why the Bengals are so high on Nabers ... But he will be long gone (unless they trade up using Tee)

IMG_20240322_022215.jpg

Yeah he'll be long gone before our pick.

I would say he's in the Chase mold.

Chargers will have to choose between an Olineman, Nabors or Bowers

Id go with Nabors.

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping either Fuaga or Latham are there at 18.  If not, one of the 3Techs may well be there.  There also may be a couple of surprise CB's &/or WR's sitting there.  I'm seeing Bowers there at times too.  I jump on him if the top RT's are all gone.

Round Two.  I really like Sweat as one of the few NT's in the draft.  Many have 49 as too soon for him, but I don't see him being there at 80.  I'd go ahead and pull the trigger.

As far as round three?  I could see a double dip at OL (IOL) or DT (3Tech).  I'd consider either Jackson-Powers-Johnson or Kris Jenkins if still available at 80 then start going BPA (with some regard for need if it's close).  I could see one of a trio of Longhorns (TE Ja'Tavion Sanders, WR Adonai Mitchell or RB Jonathan Brooks) at 97.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

I'm hoping either Fuaga or Latham are there at 18.  If not, one of the 3Techs may well be there.  There also may be a couple of surprise CB's &/or WR's sitting there.  I'm seeing Bowers there at times too.  I jump on him if the top RT's are all gone.

Round Two.  I really like Sweat as one of the few NT's in the draft.  Many have 49 as too soon for him, but I don't see him being there at 80.  I'd go ahead and pull the trigger.

As far as round three?  I could see a double dip at OL (IOL) or DT (3Tech).  I'd consider either Jackson-Powers-Johnson or Kris Jenkins if still available at 80 then start going BPA (with some regard for need if it's close).  I could see one of a trio of Longhorns (TE Ja'Tavion Sanders, WR Adonai Mitchell or RB Jonathan Brooks) at 97.

JPJ will absolutely not be there at 80 let alone 49. He is the highest ranked center and well above #2 (much like Bowers is seens as well above the other TE's). The next center Zach Frazier, however, may be there.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ I fear Sweat won't even be there at 49. If they want him at 18, they could trade back into the late 20s.

Agreed. Sweat would be a great addition to this team and should do what they can to get him. 

• Upvote 1

I did a mock draft on a different site that had Joe Alt drop.  Seeing another one makes me wonder if there's something to that possibility.  Probably just the sims being really goofy but there's always a chance it's all of the media blowhards that have been setting the supposed boards that could be wrong.  Right now, I consider it a dream scenario.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BBR said:

had Joe Alt drop.  .

If Alt even makes it to #10 Duke better be on the phone offering his first born child to go get him.

Alt sliding to 18 is too much of a dream come true. No way it would happen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BBR said:

I did a mock draft on a different site that had Joe Alt drop.  Seeing another one makes me wonder if there's something to that possibility.  Probably just the sims being really goofy but there's always a chance it's all of the media blowhards that have been setting the supposed boards that could be wrong.  Right now, I consider it a dream scenario.

On the PFF site, I had the sliders in the middle for teams drafting by need, positional value, and randomness. No chance Alt falls to 18 in the real thing. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, BBR said:

See no reason Alt would drop.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Why?

Because I doubt they want to tag Higgins a second time and there's not anyone else like him on the roster waiting to take his place.  The 2 they drafted last year were both late round picks & neither are that type of player. 

I don't think they necessarily need to use the first pick to replace that, but they might.  Again if it's a choice between the 3rd or 4th best WR in the class or the 7-8th best OT it follows that the WR is probably the better overall value.  I don't have to like it but I can't deny their board could easily work out that way.  When you're drafting in the bottom of the round it's about taking the best of whoever is left, they're probably not going to be looking at a dozen A-grade prospects.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Because I doubt they want to tag Higgins a second time and there's not anyone else like him on the roster waiting to take his place.  The 2 they drafted last year were both late round picks & neither are that type of player. 

I don't think they necessarily need to use the first pick to replace that, but they might.  Again if it's a choice between the 3rd or 4th best WR in the class or the 7-8th best OT it follows that the WR is probably the better overall value.  I don't have to like it but I can't deny their board could easily work out that way.  When you're drafting in the bottom of the round it's about taking the best of whoever is left, they're probably not going to be looking at a dozen A-grade prospects.

I really think it’s gonna come down to a DT or OL at 18, especially because there’s not as much high-end depth at DT. So if Murphy or Newton were there, and because they stand out and it’s a significant need for the present and future, that would be the pick, I’m guessing. With OL, there is more early talent, and there are guys in the top 50 who will likely be available in round 2, or in round 3. 

But I think a WR is definitely in play on day 2 and given the abundance of talent there, sounds like that’s a sweet spot to get one.
‘Course, I have no idea of the Bengals’ draft board and who will be available when their turn comes… so I’m sure I’ll be surprised when it’s Terrion Arnold or Cooper DeJean. :)

• Upvote 1