15 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

* If Alt was somehow there at pick 9 ... I would be ok with trading Tee to the Bears for that pick to draft him. 

Interesting trade .

Bears could keep Fields, draft Harrison and grab an OT with 9

Or

Trade Fields. ( 4th Rd) Draft QB Williams and still get an OT..

Higgins would be a great trade for them but they need Olinemen as well..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:59 PM, High School Harry said:

I'm still  breathing a huge sigh of relief that we didn't take Leatherwood whenever it was he came out.

Actually, rather surprising, that.

Yeah.  It was smart to trade down before the Bengals made a terrible pick.

(It was Carman)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah.  It was smart to trade down before the Bengals made a terrible pick.

(It was Carman)

That is exactly why we need to be taking 1st round linemen, or at least first-round tackles. Don't mess around with this.

• Upvote 1

Jonah Williams/Cedric O./Andre Smith are the most recent first round tackles in the Tobin era.

Just because they’re throwing premium darts at the position doesn’t mean it’s going to guarantee success. They need to draft big guys who test well athletically and the tape is clean. Mims and Latham combines will be important.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JC said:

Jonah Williams/Cedric O./Andre Smith are the most recent first round tackles in the Tobin era.

Just because they’re throwing premium darts at the position doesn’t mean it’s going to guarantee success. They need to draft big guys who test well athletically and the tape is clean. Mims and Latham combines will be important.

And Muaga ..

• Upvote 1

Jonah Williams will be the highest paid OL in this years FA class. If no one here knew anything about him and the Bengals went out and got the top OT on the market, most here would be doing backflips. 

Just sayin. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Jonah Williams will be the highest paid OL in this years FA class. If no one here knew anything about him and the Bengals went out and got the top OT on the market, most here would be doing backflips. 

Just sayin. 

But we do know about him...

Fuck him .

I do think Jonah is solid and he’s going to get paid handsomely. But he’s built for zone scheme with his size and he doesn’t have great short area burst so he’s pretty limited at that. Even if the Bengals didn’t have Tee as a tag option - I’m not sure they would use it on Jonah. I think they want big and athletic.

5 minutes ago, JC said:

I do think Jonah is solid and he’s going to get paid handsomely. But he’s built for zone scheme with his size and he doesn’t have great short area burst so he’s pretty limited at that. Even if the Bengals didn’t have Tee as a tag option - I’m not sure they would use it on Jonah. I think they want big and athletic.

I don't think Jonah can handle top level competition.

Yeah, who can, but in out division we see a hella lot of it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JC said:

Big athletic and maulers.

We have no maulers.

Unathletic guys that pattycake  Instead of pancaking  opponents.

Tired of it 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Stop...

Much respect for your posts..

We’re living in a completely different era as far as the OL goes. It’ll never be like it was. We struggle to find good ones just like everyone else does now simply because they’re so few and far between. 
It is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

We’re living in a completely different era as far as the OL goes. It’ll never be like it was. We struggle to find good ones just like everyone else does now simply because they’re so few and far between. 
It is what it is. 

Understood.

Question.

What kind of linemen does this team need to be really solid in the AFCN?

I see the the glass eaters on our rivals but I see ours as passive.

If Pollack isn't the reason the passiveness is .no?

I mean, who are the “glass eaters”? Mostly what I see are QB’s getting harassed and running around and making plays out of structure. 

Detroit OL has been the best I’ve seen so far in the playoffs. That said, still no way I’m trading Chase for Sewell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean, who are the “glass eaters”? Mostly what I see are QB’s getting harassed and running around and making plays out of structure. 

Detroit OL has been the best I’ve seen so far in the playoffs. That said, still no way I’m trading Chase for Sewell. 

Chase or Sewell..

Forever engrained .

Both are great.

But yeah your right..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

If Pollack isn't the reason the passiveness is .no?

Just stop. A lineman is either mean as hell and stupid, or mean as hell and smart. You don’t play offensive line from the time you are in little league until you are on an NFL roster, and not be a person very used to colliding with just-as-mean opponents. Not one freaking lineman—college or pros—will ever be considered “passive”. 

Who wants to collide more…and be smart with an assignment? There is your line play. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Just stop. A lineman is either mean as hell and stupid, or mean as hell and smart. You don’t play offensive line from the time you are in little league until you are on an NFL roster, and not be a person very used to colliding with just-as-mean opponents. Not one freaking lineman—college or pros—will ever be considered “passive”. 

Who wants to collide more…and be smart with an assignment? There is your line play. 

Point taken.

I meant passive in NFL terms.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, spicoli said:

It is what it is. 

Don’t tell that to Cleveland. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Just sayin. 

Maybe. 

There is rumor that the Browns might release Conklin