Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

Kind of embarrassing to be honest...like you can't keep your cafeteria open longer and offer more meals? Not saying they need to convert one of their suites to a family room but set aside SOME space SOMEWHERE in the stadium. These seem like no brainers that could be easily addressed.

• Upvote 2

An F MINUS!!!???  Not just an F, an F MINUS.  Seems like having NO family care and NO cafeteria would warrant an F.  

Is Mike Brown taking a dump on the players’ wives….and on the cafeteria food?  :shrug: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

An F MINUS!!!???  Not just an F, an F MINUS.  Seems like having NO family care and NO cafeteria would warrant an F.  

Is Mike Brown taking a dump on the players’ wives….and on the cafeteria food?  :shrug: 

LOL, dying dude 🤣

• Upvote 1

Somebody call a whambulance for these poor babies.

NFL Rookie minimum for 22/23 was 750K 

Maybe a couple of players could get together and get their families a suite or 2 or 3 and hire a babysitter for their underprivileged children.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, MOC said:

Maybe a couple of players could get together and get their families a suite or 2 or 3 and hire a babysitter for their underprivileged children.

Good points.

Agree

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MOC said:

I get that this is 1st world problems, but if you want to compete for FA's you need to be on par with what other teams do in all areas.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, spicoli said:

What NT is it that they’re supposed to overpay for exactly? There is no one hitting the FA market that’s even remotely close to being in the same league as DJ Reader. 

The DJ Reader of 2024 won't be the Reader of 2022 and 2023. He's coming off his second season-ending injury and most likely won't heal as quickly as he did the previous time. He should give the team a major discount for age and injury history but with the cap jumping up, I wouldn't count on it. Instead of giving DJ 15 mil per year, we should spend the money on other players. 

If we want a stopgap until a rookie is ready, then guys like Ashawn Robinson would fit the bill.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, MOC said:

It's really not too much to expect the team to offer similar amenities to other teams. Like, why is the cafeteria closed on Tuesdays, the player's day off? There are other employees at the stadium who might want to eat lunch that day, from the coaches to ticket sellers. Why don't they have a dietician or nutritionist on staff? That's pretty surprising in 2024. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The DJ Reader of 2024 won't be the Reader of 2022 and 2023. He's coming off his second season-ending injury and most likely won't heal as quickly as he did the previous time. He should give the team a major discount for age and injury history but with the cap jumping up, I wouldn't count on it. Instead of giving DJ 15 mil per year, we should spend the money on other players. 

If we want a stopgap until a rookie is ready, then guys like Ashawn Robinson would fit the bill.

It's the other knee. I'm not sure there is any risk of not healing as quickly?

36 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's really not too much to expect the team to offer similar amenities to other teams. Like, why is the cafeteria closed on Tuesdays, the player's day off? There are other employees at the stadium who might want to eat lunch that day, from the coaches to ticket sellers. Why don't they have a dietician or nutritionist on staff? That's pretty surprising in 2024. 

The Reds have a nutritionist on staff, I had saw a pic of some chick in the dugout with the players and someone asked who it was and they said it was the nutritionist. Which was wild that she was in the dugout with the players during the game to me.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's the other knee. I'm not sure there is any risk of not healing as quickly?

Yes, it's that he's older now than he was 3 years ago. 

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Reds have a nutritionist on staff, I had saw a pic of some chick in the dugout with the players and someone asked who it was and they said it was the nutritionist. Which was wild that she was in the dugout with the players during the game to me.

It's probably a perk she gets. They don't need her there to tell them not to swallow tobacco juice. The Bengals apparently have a nutritionist on contract, while other teams have 1 or more on staff. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:23 PM, sparky151 said:

At $750K minimum per year…it’s just a short walk over to Taste of Belgium. They are open on Tuesdays

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 2:54 PM, Le Tigre said:

“The Bengals are one of the favorites to sign him”

image.png.f63b80bf123548b4471f84cd60225592.png

Baltimore is clearing some space to go for Henry.

I think he lands there 

Dobbins and Edwards are out if so.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Griever said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this, the around the NFL forum doesn't get much traffic

Nice to see the NFL catching up to what the XFL had 4 years ago....

88364019_10156925902325423_1344746211608887296_n.jpg

2/29/2020 - BattleHawks vs Sea Dragons - "The XFL down-and-distance markers are digital AND they communicate with each other.  The first down marker displays the distance between it and the line marker.  Which is pretty cool."

• Upvote 2