Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They arent all giving up the most sacks allowed. That's objectively the worst. Every other team is blocking better than the Bengals. 

I know the running excuse is "everyone has trouble finding OL" but the Bengals are still the worst at it. It doesn't mean it's easy, it means that literally every other team in the NFL is better at it 

I have to think that leaves some room for improvement, right?

Bengals didn't allow the most sacks. Bengals allowed 50 and 6 teams allowed more, up to the Giants at 85.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals didn't allow the most sacks. Bengals allowed 50 and 6 teams allowed more, up to the Giants at 85.

Hey, let’s not let facts get in the way…🥷

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

And if you look at sack rate as % of passing attempts the Bengals ranked 17th.  Likely skewed a bit by playing the AFCN pass rushes 6 times a year as opposed to other divisions. 

That sack rate good for 3rd best in the division:

Stealers 7.1%

Browns 7.2%

Bengals 8.1%

Ravens 8.3%

Great?  No.  Worst?  Also no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

That was last year when they'd lost the starting QB and were forced to run the ball more. In the 2 years where Joe survived the entire season he was the most-sacked QB over that span.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That was last year when they'd lost the starting QB and were forced to run the ball more. In the 2 years where Joe survived the entire season he was the most-sacked QB over that span.

Not going to absolve the offensive line to be sure, but as I have mentioned ad nauseum, St. Joseph himself can factor into that sack count. He is not anywhere close to being the example of escape ability. 

• Like 1

One time..... just once..... following a meaningless win during a lost season.... I think it was late 2018..... the dude in charge of music played this song as everyone was exiting the stadium.

I sincerely wish they would play it after every win.

Welcome To The Jungle

Richard Cheese, from "Aperitif for Destruction"

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Most sacked QB doesn't mean his team allowed the most sacks. Most QBs can't survive 85 or even 70 sacks. Daniel Jones didn't, nor did Tyrod Taylor. That's why Tommy DeVito played so much.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not going to absolve the offensive line to be sure, but as I have mentioned ad nauseum, St. Joseph himself can factor into that sack count. He is not anywhere close to being the example of escape ability. 

Here's another fun stat: the last time the Bengals weren't top 5 in pass attempt % they went to the Super Bowl.

As I've said before a few times myself, he's been expected to hard-carry the offense with a plodder of a RB whose biggest contribution to the team was smiles.

We'll see how they call games without him.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Here's another fun stat: the last time the Bengals weren't top 5 in pass attempt % they went to the Super Bowl.

As I've said before a few times myself, he's been expected to hard-carry the offense with a plodder of a RB whose biggest contribution to the team was smiles.

We'll see how they call games without him.

I dunno. He wants to throw—all the time. His HC wants to throw—all the time. Not really seeing a friendly meeting in the middle with the RB room. 

25 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I dunno. He wants to throw—all the time. His HC wants to throw—all the time. Not really seeing a friendly meeting in the middle with the RB room. 

He's going to keep having friendly meetings with the rehab staff instead if they don't figure it out.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Griever said:

No mention that the club level people will be sitting on concrete?

It's sad to see the turf removed where so many memorable plays were made, but I guess it was time. Glad I took the tour and got to walk on it last summer. I hope they paint the new one right.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

No mention that the club level people will be sitting on concrete?

I wonder if those new seats will be the same jungle green color as the old ones or if they will switch it up to orange or black? 🤔

• Upvote 1