21 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Sweat just shot up the Bengals draft board 💯

IMG_20240314_205753.jpg

From what I've seen there is a grand total of four guys in the draft who could remotely be considered a NT:

Sweat (Texas)  Rd 2-3

McKinley (Miss St)  Rd 3-4

Jefferson (LSU)  Rd 5-6

Anderson (FAU)  Rd 6-FA

Am I missing anyone?

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

mr-bean-waiting.gif

^ Me waiting on Duke to enjoy his lunch, get his car washed, pick up the dry cleaning and his prescription from Walgreens, before inking Becton and Tart to deals today. 

Yeah starting to get a little antsy about this

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that Bechton comes with quite a few issues... injury history for sure, and I've read/heard that Jets' coaches weren't exactly enamored with his level of motivation. I know Pollack knows him well and coached him, and I think Derek Frazier as well, but he's not a "clean" player at all. 

Same deal with Tart. Basically played his way out of Tennessee and the Texans, who picked him up later on, don't seem to be in a rush to re-sign him... that is, if they wanted to at all. And we know that the Texans did seem to be with Rankins. And in Tart's case, both places had defensive-minded head coaches. 

38 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Keep in mind that Bechton comes with quite a few issues... injury history for sure, and I've read/heard that Jets' coaches weren't exactly enamored with his level of motivation. I know Pollack knows him well and coached him, and I think Derek Frazier as well, but he's not a "clean" player at all. 

Same deal with Tart. Basically played his way out of Tennessee and the Texans, who picked him up later on, don't seem to be in a rush to re-sign him... that is, if they wanted to at all. And we know that the Texans did seem to be with Rankins. And in Tart's case, both places had defensive-minded head coaches. 

Supposedly Texans wanted rankins back and yes read about beckons motivation issues

6 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Keep in mind that Bechton comes with quite a few issues

Those issues are why he's even in play and a possible get. Without all the baggage, injuries, and underachieving - he would be getting a 5 year 140 million contract this off season, as an absolute 'Unit' with length and size that less than a hundred people might have on planet Earth. 

The Bengals can't afford an RT that has already proven themselves. So this is the best we can hope for and then take one in the draft as well. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BlackJesus said:

Those issues are why he's even in play and a possible get. Without all the baggage, injuries, and underachieving - he would be getting a 5 year 140 million contract this off season, as an absolute 'Unit' with length and size that less than a hundred people might have in planet Earth. 

The Bengals can't afford an RT that has already proven themselves. So this is the best we can hope for and then take one in the draft as well. 

Yeah, I get it... just wondering if that's even worth it, in Bechton's case. He just might be one of those guys who, given his immense physical gifts, will have teams saying they can "fix" a guy... and then he never delivers.

Guess it depends on what's offered, but the thought of getting him doesn't jazz me. Give me some other guy with starting experience who can mentor a rookie and be serviceable (which I'm not sure Bechton is) - like a Riley Reiff type - until the rookie is ready to step in. Still think there'll be some guys cut that could fit that role. 

2 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Yeah, I get it... just wondering if that's even worth it, in Bechton's case. He just might be one of those guys who, given his immense physical gifts, will have teams saying they can "fix" a guy... and then he never delivers.

Guess it depends on what's offered, but the thought of getting him doesn't jazz me. Give me some other guy with starting experience who can mentor a rookie and be serviceable (which I'm not sure Bechton is) - like a Riley Reiff type - until the rookie is ready to step in. Still think there'll be some guys cut that could fit that role. 

I'd easily take Trent brown before him but I guess we'll see

• Upvote 1

Hopefully, someone at PBS has come to their senses and realized that Becton is a bum that isn't worth being signed, regardless of how big he is..he sucks at playing football.

The Jets had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL since he got there, drafted him #11 overall, and made no attempts to re-sign him...instead they replaced him as soon as possible, that should tell you everything you need to know about Becton. 

Being big is cool but being able to play football at a high level is better

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Becton is a bum

I will not allow Becton slander to ruin my vision. 😁

He was ascending under Pollack. Then the MetLife 'astroturf' injured him and he had no QB (Zach Wilson), which would make any OL look bad. 

25 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Hopefully we have two rookies pushing them both for playing time 

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

From what I've seen there is a grand total of four guys in the draft who could remotely be considered a NT:

Sweat (Texas)  Rd 2-3

McKinley (Miss St)  Rd 3-4

Jefferson (LSU)  Rd 5-6

Anderson (FAU)  Rd 6-FA

Am I missing anyone?

Justin Rogers (Auburn) 6-3 346 lbs

Evan Anderson (FAU) - 6-3 356 lbs

36 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I will not allow Becton slander to ruin my vision. 😁

He was ascending under Pollack. Then the MetLife 'astroturf' injured him and he had no QB (Zach Wilson), which would make any OL look bad. 

You mean reality...you sound like a delusional parent that swears that lil Johnny is a good kid, he just needs to stay away from the crystal meth and those bad kids who hang out in the alley...

Look BJ we all know you love a dancing bear...can I interest you in Trent Brown...He's just as big as Becton coming in at 6'8" and 360 lbs but he has played good football in the NFL.  In Becton's best year he gave up 7 sacks, to me that screams he's not that good...

• Like 1