This is a great signing.

But Bengals still need to draft at least an IOL and probably a tackle too.

Brown and Karras are free agents after the season with Cappa and Volson going into the final year of their deals next year.

None of our O-line backups are pushing the starters and it's probably fair to call all of Trey Hill, Jackson Carman, and D'Ante Smith busts. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Trent Brown makes Aaron look like some little bitch 😳

IMG_20240319_194726.jpg

Jeez...

Read where Max Cossby said it's almost impossible to get around him.

Said he tried multiple times to no avail 

and once he did he called it good.

So Big Zeus on one side and The Mountain on the other..

Looking good 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Well.. So far? Because all y'all actually "did" was lose a Superbowl but you seem to think that means something years later. That's a big part of why you haven't done it again. 

There's no do-overs, all it means is that it's going to be harder the next time because no one is overlooking the Bengals now.

This whole organization needs to stop strutting around like they've done something and get back to work.

In the two years Burrow has finished the year healthy, we have gone to the AFC Championship game. Healthy, this team is not Carolina or the Patsies,  its one of the best teams in the league.  The League knows that.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

This signing doesn't take RT off the table at 18 at all. I expect Brown to start but the rookie will get time even if to keep Brown fresh

Right but the piece is in place for now.

We have a starting 5 with more to add 

In the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alleycat said:

I agree, but I'd have my eye on a guy with T/G versatility (Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham), or LT/RT versatility. 

One should be there.

We should be in good shape for the draft .

Truly excited about our chances of a SB run now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Has to be an A now.

As long as there is still a gaping hole at nose tackle, after struggling horribly against the run last year in a run-first division, it is hard for me to give the Bengals an A. But they have improved the team in some other areas, especially at defending the pass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

In the two years Burrow has finished the year healthy, we have gone to the AFC Championship game. Healthy, this team is not Carolina or the Patsies,  its one of the best teams in the league.  The League knows that.  

They sure do, meaning we get their best shot every week.  That's what losing a Super Bowl 2 years ago gets them - better prepared opponents.

Just sayin, they need to quit talking about the last one like it was anything but a huge disappointment and go get theirs so we don't have that in common with the Panthers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

They sure do, meaning we get their best shot every week.  That's what losing a Super Bowl 2 years ago gets them - better prepared opponents.

Just sayin, they need to quit talking about the last one like it was anything but a huge disappointment and go get theirs so we don't have that in common with the Panthers.

The games aren’t going to be played for months.  Are you going to do nothing but be negative until then?  They’ve done what you wanted.  Jonah is gone and a veteran has been signed to replace him.  We still have the draft to add more pieces.  You should be happy but nope.  I doubt anything, even winning a Super Bowl, would change it for you.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The games aren’t going to be played for months.  Are you going to do nothing but be negative until then?  They’ve done what you wanted.  Jonah is gone and a veteran has been signed to replace him.  We still have the draft to add more pieces.  You should be happy but nope.  I doubt anything, even winning a Super Bowl, would change it for you.  

Here we go with the armchair psychology shit again...  Just do us both a favor & put me on ignore if nuance is beyond your capabilities.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Finally have a RT that can pass block efficiently to give JB that extra time to do his magic 

To be honest, most of his pressure problems come from the interior rush--and less so from the RT spot. Where he gets knocked down all the time is a combo of having no sliding to one side avenues--which the tackle spots can seal--and no step-up space. 

The undisputed master of escape--Kermit. Watch his right tackle when he starts to slide to his right...moves out almost immediately sealed by him. Jonah could never get this down pat. Maybe Brown will, but it does require some agility.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Here we go with the armchair psychology shit again...  Just do us both a favor & put me on ignore if nuance is beyond your capabilities.

Why bother.  Nuance would mean actually acknowledging the occasional thing the team does that you like.  I know better than to think that will ever happen with you.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Why bother.  Nuance would mean actually acknowledging the occasional thing the team does that you like.  I know better than to think that will ever happen with you.

Yeah you should probably just give up.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This is a great signing.

But Bengals still need to draft at least an IOL and probably a tackle too.

Brown and Karras are free agents after the season with Cappa and Volson going into the final year of their deals next year.

None of our O-line backups are pushing the starters and it's probably fair to call all of Trey Hill, Jackson Carman, and D'Ante Smith busts. 

JPJ is that player.

Watch some of his videos and how he

moves tackles for gaps

I warming up to this kid big-time. 

Outside of Mims Fuaga and Lathem this would be my first oline pick .

• Upvote 1