Tee Higgins requests a trade !

On 5/22/2024 at 4:55 PM, dex said:

If you factor in Burton's insane vertical though, their total catch radius is very similar. Even with Tee's longer arms.

Mike Gesicki has the top catch radius on the team though...no one else is even close. Gesicki might actually have the biggest catch radius of any WR/TE in the NFL.

On Gesicki

Not just redzone threat but downfield as well.

Hope he used right but JB with so many targets.

This is Dan Pitcher's offense now.

Very excited to watch it unfold..

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Honestly I think Sheisty could win with any grab bag of NFL receivers. 

To put it another way, if they flipped their approach to the OL & WR's I think we'd be set for years. 

You make it sound like Dan Pitcher & the other coaches are bringing in Gesicki and Burton to give Burrow a couple of shiny new toys to play with, rather than using their skill sets to keep Burrow from getting hit often on every drive, in every game, all season long. Yes, they want to score more points, but they also  want to do it using fewer plays, How much less will Burrow get hit on a 6 play-80 yard drive with chunk plays than on a 12 play-80 yard drive that features too many 3rd downs? Because it is on 3rd down when the big pressure packages get unleashed and the QB gets put on his back.

In fact, the intent of every new offensive player brought in this offseason was to make life easier for the franchise QB.

- Both of the drafted OL players did not allow a single sack in their final college year, one of which didn't allow a sack his entire career.

- The OT signed in free agency is noted for his pass protection skills as well as the versatility to play on either side.

- The RB brought in free agency is noted for his pass pro as well as his ability to get extra yards after contact...that helps prevent the need for more 3rd down situations where the rushers can tee off on the QB.

- The TE brought in from free agency may possibly have the largest catch radius in the league and has enough twitch to separate quickly from defenders. Did not have a single dropped pass in 2023 and only one drop in the last 2 years.

- 2 of the 3 WR/TEs in the draft did not have a single drop in their final college year...dropped passes are another cause of unnecessary 3rd down situations. All 3 WR/TEs also have large catch radiuses, which means the QB can still find a throwing window rather than just holding the ball too long.

So how does all of these new additions not help make Burrow's football life easier?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, dex said:

You make it sound like Dan Pitcher & the other coaches are bringing in Gesicki and Burton to give Burrow a couple of shiny new toys to play with, rather than using their skill sets to keep Burrow from getting hit often on every drive, in every game, all season long. Yes, they want to score more points, but they also  want to do it using fewer plays, How much less will Burrow get hit on a 6 play-80 yard drive with chunk plays than on a 12 play-80 yard drive that features too many 3rd downs? Because it is on 3rd down when the big pressure packages get unleashed and the QB gets put on his back.

In fact, the intent of every new offensive player brought in this offseason was to make life easier for the franchise QB.

- Both of the drafted OL players did not allow a single sack in their final college year, one of which didn't allow a sack his entire career.

- The OT signed in free agency is noted for his pass protection skills as well as the versatility to play on either side.

- The RB brought in free agency is noted for his pass pro as well as his ability to get extra yards after contact...that helps prevent the need for more 3rd down situations where the rushers can tee off on the QB.

- The TE brought in from free agency may possibly have the largest catch radius in the league and has enough twitch to separate quickly from defenders. Did not have a single dropped pass in 2023 and only one drop in the last 2 years.

- 2 of the 3 WR/TEs in the draft did not have a single drop in their final college year...dropped passes are another cause of unnecessary 3rd down situations. All 3 WR/TEs also have large catch radiuses, which means the QB can still find a throwing window rather than just holding the ball too long.

So how does all of these new additions not help make Burrow's football life easier?

I'd also add that adjusting to under center with the threat of play action is only going to help as well as opposed to standing back in shotgun 90% of the time with the defense knowing they're not running it 75% of that time on top.  Defenses were basically able to pin their ears back and run to one spot on the field knowing that's where he would be standing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Honestly I think Sheisty could win with any grab bag of NFL receivers. 

To put it another way, if they flipped their approach to the OL & WR's I think we'd be set for years. 

Not sure how much I can buy that argument.  Dating back to his Heisman season, Burrow’s WR consisted of Jefferson, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.  I’ve seen what he can do behind subpar OL play in reaching a Super Bowl and and AFCG.  I haven’t really seen him play without elite WR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Not sure how much I can buy that argument.  Dating back to his Heisman season, Burrow’s WR consisted of Jefferson, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.  I’ve seen what he can do behind subpar OL play in reaching a Super Bowl and and AFCG.  I haven’t really seen him play without elite WR.

He can have about a 50% chance of going to IR behind a subpar OL, as I see it.  As you said, we've not seen him without elite WR's but if he's an elite QB he should be capable enough. 

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He can have about a 50% chance of going to IR behind a subpar OL, as I see it.  As you said, we've not seen him without elite WR's but if he's an elite QB he should be capable enough. 

Seems like a big hypothetical risk to me.  Probably makes more sense to continue to invest in building an OL while keeping weapons around JB.  FWIW, I doubt we make the playoffs, let alone a SB and AFCG, without Chase and HIggins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Seems like a big hypothetical risk to me.  Probably makes more sense to continue to invest in building an OL while keeping weapons around JB.  FWIW, I doubt we make the playoffs, let alone a SB and AFCG, without Chase and HIggins.

Hopefully you mean in hindsight, considering Higgins is almost certainly on his last season here.

25 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Been saying this all off-season. 

This movie has played multiple times over the course of a lot of eras. They finally have two bonafide killers on the wings…and rather than keep them together as long as they can, they resort to “no money” resignations and put all the chips into way overhyped 3-rounders and 2nd year unprovens. 

George Allen had the all-time saying “The future is now.”

I’m seeing 2024 as the last/great opportunity to break the glass on a SB Championship. The NFL wouldn’t mind it I reckon..who knows, they may make a buck or two off it. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Hopefully you mean in hindsight, considering Higgins is almost certainly on his last season here.

No I meant I doubt we make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022 without Chase and Higgins.  Definitely no SB or AFCG.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No I meant I doubt we make the playoffs in 2021 or 2022 without Chase and Higgins.  Definitely no SB or AFCG.

Yeah that's what I meant, and I agree.  Only 3 postseason TD's but the 450 yards were clutch.

Of course, on the other hand, I could also say that Burrow probably wins that Super Bowl if he doesn't get sacked 7 times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that's what I meant, and I agree.  Only 3 postseason TD's but the 450 yards were clutch.

Of course, on the other hand, I could also say that Burrow probably wins that Super Bowl if he doesn't get sacked 7 times.

If he got sacked 6 times in the SB vs 7, he’d be a SB champion. Chase was wide open the  4th down play he was sacked by Donald. If he has even 1 more second, bengals probably win the game. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, IKOTA said:

If he got sacked 6 times in the SB vs 7, he’d be a SB champion. Chase was wide open the  4th down play he was sacked by Donald. If he has even 1 more second, bengals probably win the game. 

Ferrell_Crying.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Or if the Bengals had done the obvious thing and double-teamed Donald with help from Hopkins instead of leaving Spain 1 on 1. 

Or double teamed Kupp once OBJ went down....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Yeah, Bengals are not giving Tee 52 million guaranteed ...

IMG_20240529_002547.jpg

Eh, if they tag him again next year (even if he's tagged and traded), they'd be guaranteeing him 48 mil for 2 years. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't Tee say he wanted the Pittman deal? That was for less than the Collins deal, so if the Bengals won't go to Pittman levels, he won't be here long term. But both he and the team should want a good season from him in 2024 to increase his market value. Next year's WR draft class doesn't look as strong as the 2024 class so a tag and trade following a good season might still be doable. But the team would have to make the decision early before teams spend their money on other players. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2024 at 11:10 PM, Homer_Rice said:

What? Are you living in the 1990s? One series away from winning the Super Bowl and one series away from returning to the Super Bowl? And definitely a contender this year.

It's okay to not like the business model or practices, but stop saying silly things. The team is competitive and doing fine. And they are not bankrupt, like some of you jokers would do if you were running the show.

Man, you know everyone is frivolous with someone else's cash.  they get tight in the Tookas when its theirs!!!😅

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Didn't Tee say he wanted the Pittman deal? That was for less than the Collins deal, so if the Bengals won't go to Pittman levels, he won't be here long term. But both he and the team should want a good season from him in 2024 to increase his market value. Next year's WR draft class doesn't look as strong as the 2024 class so a tag and trade following a good season might still be doable. But the team would have to make the decision early before teams spend their money on other players. 

Fairly obvious they are content with the “rental” approach…and backfill with 4 year college rentals. Uno will get a deal, but I’m somehow thinking it’s not going to be as long a term as most people think. And when he gets to the end of that 4-5 year span, he’ll be moved like the other rentals.