University Pro Days Thread

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Does it matter what a DL or OlL runs the forty in?

I could see 10 yrd oshuttle..

You got it, those 10 yard splits project to acceleration/explosiveness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Does it matter what a DL or OlL runs the forty in?

I could see 10 yrd oshuttle..

The 40 is often considered one of the better measures of general athletic ability. It's going to tell you less for certain positions, but when someone has this kind of number at that kind of size, they are making it clear they are supremely athletic. 

Geno Atkins ran a very fast 40 at 293 lbs. If he were testing today, with all of the high tech training these guys do it would have been even better, I'm sure, but the point was that he had uncommon athleticism for a guy of his size at that time. It was one of the few markers for the untapped potential that eventually flourished here. 

I am out on bowers. Gresham was all world at combine then struggled. I rather have a higher floor or trade pic. They do well with second round picks Chad and Dillion are good examples.  I think they will pick a wr round 1 because of recent history. I also think they love to pick players then move them to other positions. Recent draft dax hill is a good example. Pollack is another. 

Bowers wont be there.

If Fuga is there he is the pick imo. 

I'm not sure they would take Jonny Newton, I think they would with Murphy.

If Muphy is gone and there is a run on Tackles, I would not be shocked if they make a CB pick.