Rounds 2-3 Discussion: 2024 NFL Draft

Now, trade Tee Higgens to New England for their 2nd and 5th (or 6th) round pick.  Take Jer'Zhan Newton with the 34th pick in the 2nd round and the Best WR available with your 49th pick (Adonai MItchell, Ladd McConkey, Keon Coleman or Ja'Lynn Polk) then the best Cornerback in Round 3 and you've addressed ALL your biggest needs by the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

If we go CB I want DeJean, Rakestraw, or Sainristil.

If we go DT I want Newton, Maason, Sweat, or Fiske 

If we go OT again I want Paul 

If we go C/G I want JPJ or Frazier

If we go RB I want Austime 

If we go TE I want Sinnott. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trade our 2nd and next years first to move up for Newton. Use round 3 for IOL and a TE or maybe a WR. Grab NG  (Sweat?) or 2 on day 3 and rest for roster/developmental players. Make a push for the SB this year.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh and if DT, CB, and C are all gone I am not mad about taking a WR. There are a few guys I like still on the board at that spot.

We will get a good player in 2 for sure.

The Bengals are almost certain to take a WR with one of the three picks. I've watched enough podcasts to know that Mike Potts and Steve Radicevic love the idea of a Day Two WR. I don't think they even considered a WR at 18. The pick was always going to be a lineman of some sort.

1 minute ago, dex said:

The Bengals are almost certain to take a WR with one of the three picks. I've watched enough podcasts to know that Mike Potts and Steve Radicevic love the idea of a Day Two WR. I don't think they even considered a WR at 18. The pick was always going to be a lineman of some sort.

I think it's likely as well, but if you tell me that Newton is there at 49, I'm taking him. If you tell me one of the top centers is there at our first 3rd round pick, I'm taking him. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it's likely as well, but if you tell me that Newton is there at 49, I'm taking him. If you tell me one of the top centers is there at our first 3rd round pick, I'm taking him. 

If Newton gets even close to 49 you have to assume it is a medical concern. Hard to say with any certainty, but many feel that injury concerns are why Newton didn't get drafted in the 1st round. I'm sure the doctors are studying his medical reports carefully.

1 minute ago, dex said:

If Newton gets even close to 49 you have to assume it is a medical concern. Hard to say with any certainty, but many feel that injury concerns are why Newton didn't get drafted in the 1st round. I'm sure the doctors are studying his medical reports carefully.

Who knows. Also if Kool Aid or DeJean is there I'm taking them too.

I'm not locked into WR, but I won't hate it either.

22 minutes ago, gupps said:

Trade our 2nd and next years first to move up for Newton. Use round 3 for IOL and a TE or maybe a WR. Grab NG  (Sweat?) or 2 on day 3 and rest for roster/developmental players. Make a push for the SB this year.

I don’t think we should a 2nd and next year’s first for Newton.  At MOST, I would think 49 and our 4th maybe…depending on how far we need to move up.

23 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I don’t think we should a 2nd and next year’s first for Newton.  At MOST, I would think 49 and our 4th maybe…depending on how far we need to move up.

Maybe I should of said next years 2nd. I just don't think he makes it out of the top of round 2 and it will take some capital to trade up. Hope I'm wrong.

I think we can probably get Sweat at 80, and maybe at 97 or 115. So 49 is sort of a free choice pick. WR, CB, IOL, TE, 3T are all in play. 

But McKinstry over DeJean for sure. Kool Aid can play outside, while DeJean looks like a free safety or slot corner at the next level and we're well stocked there. 

JPJ or Frazier or Beebe would be good picks at 49 if we want to finish rebuilding the O-line. Newton would be ok if still on the board, even though we have a decent pair of 3Ts currently. RB or TE and probably WR can wait until rounds 3 and 4. 

50 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Thanks, lots of food players left. I suspect Buffalo will start off day 2 with a WR. 

Not that it means isht, and I'm guessing that a number of these guys will be gone by #49 - but particular guys I like:

WR - Wilson, Polk, Franklin

Different guys, size and strengths-wise, but all are playmakers who played well in big games. Like Wilson a lot... plays with an edge, attacks the football, and made big plays in big games. 

IOL - Powers-Johnson, Frazier

Both are tone-setters and leaders. Both Cs play with a bulldog mentality. 

DL - Newton, Fisk, Jenkins

None are "NT big" but all make plays both vs. pass and run. In particular, Newton and Fisk get upfield and pressure the QB. 

LB - Wilson, Cooper, Colson

Playmakers. Cooper, in particular, jumps off the screen. He can cover, pressure the QB, run guys down, etc. Fantastic athlete. Would be a handful on STs, too. 

DB - DeJean, Sanristil, Rakestraw

DeJean is hella versatile and can help on STs, too. Good returner. Same for Sanristil - he just has that "it" factor. Really smart player and makes plays in the clutch. Rakestraw is fearless, and plays with an edge. Very physical. 

I don't see it with Wilson. I get the A22s through Dynasty Nerds and he just seems average and never had big games? 

I do like Franklin though on second glance. 

Here is my wish list

Johny Newton-Illinois (1)
Jackson Powers-Johnson-Oregon (2)
Kool-Aid McKinstry-Alabama (2)
Ladd McConkey-GA (2) (C)

Cooper DeJean-Iowa (2)
Adonai Mitchell-Texas
Troy Franklin-Oregon

Zach Frazier-WVU (2)
J'Tavion Sanders-Texas (2)
Braden Fiske-FSU (2)
Max Melton-Rutgers (2)