2-6 record....

We have had many threads about the team this year.. im curious who is to blame?

The defense?
The defensive scheme?

The Coaching?
The Coaching staff?

The Offense
The Offensive Scheme?

None of the above???

Really? why are we 2-6?

how do we fix it? are we going to bounce back? do you want to at this point or should we play for a top 5 draft pick?

40 injured players?

no?

thats right, EVERY team has 40 injured players...

but i think our biggest weakness is position coaching, you cant blame bratkowski for levi sucking ass a few games, or willie being 100 years old, or a new center every other game, but you can blame the oline coach who didnt ahve levi or willie preapred or a center who could manage properly his role, etc..

i think SEVERAL defensive position coaches need changed, the talent is there, but the skillset seems to be lacking from technique on down.

god knows how good or bad bresnehans schemes are, we dont have any healthy players, or talented enough players, or coached well enough players, to ever know. bresnehan will ahve spent 2-3 years here and no one will ever know if he was any good, cause we basically handed him a pile of shit, and said BAKE A CAKE BITCH!!!...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='588791' date='Nov 8 2007, 01:20 AM']40 injured players?

no?

thats right, EVERY team has 40 injured players...

but i think our biggest weakness is position coaching, you cant blame bratkowski for levi sucking ass a few games, or willie being 100 years old, or a new center every other game, but you can blame the oline coach who didnt ahve levi or willie preapred or a center who could manage properly his role, etc..

i think SEVERAL defensive position coaches need changed, the talent is there, but the skillset seems to be lacking from technique on down.

god knows how good or bad bresnehans schemes are, we dont have any healthy players, or talented enough players, or coached well enough players, to ever know. [b]bresnehan will ahve spent 2-3 years here and no one will ever know if he was any good, cause we basically handed him a pile of shit, and said BAKE A CAKE BITCH!!!...[/b][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Thats just the harsh reality of being a coach in the NFL. Most every coach that has ever been fired has a
legitimate excuse why his players didn't perform but he stills knows at some point despite the cards he's
been dealt, he's got to produce.

Bresnahan and his position coaches, just hasnt gotten the job done. And its a shame because when this offense is hitting
on all cylinders, the defense doesn't have to be great, it just needs to be average.

Fair or not it seems highly unlikely that Bresnahan's and some other D coaches' contract will be renewed
come January.
[/b][/color]

I'd say it's a combination of everything from Marvin all the way down to the guy that mops the floor in the locker room. The injuries are a valid excuse but even then I'm leery to be that much of a homer. Good teams adapt and overcome. The Colts rode right along with the Pats this past week and they had a few of their starters missing. Adapt and overcome. But really, there are more problems with this team than missing players. This D hasn't improved an ounce in 5years and I know our D hasn't been injured for that long. Always some excuse for them though.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='588815' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:14 AM']I'd say it's a combination of everything from Marvin all the way down to the guy that mops the floor in the locker room. The injuries are a valid excuse but even then I'm leery to be that much of a homer. Good teams adapt and overcome. [b]The Colts rode right along with the Pats this past week and they had a few of their starters missing. [/b]Adapt and overcome. But really, there are more problems with this team than missing players. This D hasn't improved an ounce in 5years and I know our D hasn't been injured for that long. Always some excuse for them though.
MULLY[/quote]

and lost. Had they had Harrison, and had Gonzalez not gotten hurt on the first play, the Colts are up at least 10 at halftime. NE was lucky to hold them to two field goals in the first half.

I don't see the Colts as a good comparison, as being the defending champs, its clear that they have much more talent and overall depth.

They are missing their #1 WR. We've been missing our #3 and #4 WR's. Production wise, about equal.

They are missing their LT, we are missing our RT.

They are missing their MLB, we are missing our LB CORP.

They are missing their starting DT, well they got us there.

We've played 3 games without our starting center. Take Jeff Saturday out of that line and see how they do.

Injuries/suspensions aren't the only reason were sitting at 2-6, but they're a good reason why we aren't at least sitting at 4-4 or 5-3.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='588902' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:06 AM']and lost. Had they had Harrison, and had Gonzalez not gotten hurt on the first play, the Colts are up at least 10 at halftime. NE was lucky to hold them to two field goals in the first half.

I don't see the Colts as a good comparison, as being the defending champs, its clear that they have much more talent and overall depth.

They are missing their #1 WR. We've been missing our #3 and #4 WR's. Production wise, about equal.

They are missing their LT, we are missing our RT.

They are missing their MLB, we are missing our LB CORP.

They are missing their starting DT, well they got us there.

We've played 3 games without our starting center. Take Jeff Saturday out of that line and see how they do.

Injuries/suspensions aren't the only reason were sitting at 2-6, but they're a good reason why we aren't at least sitting at 4-4 or 5-3.[/quote]
[b]Great great post.....WIth Pollack and Thurman we would be a lot better than we are but our D Line still stinks. ..We need a whole new D line for sure. It looks like Donnie Henderson will be the new D coordinator but what will he be able to do without a decent D line. That's why I laugh when people say replace Marvin...Show me a coach who will do better with the hand he's been dealt![/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='588915' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:28 AM'][b]Great great post.....WIth Pollack and Thurman we would be a lot better than we are but our D Line still stinks. ..We need a whole new D line for sure. It looks like Donnie Henderson will be the new D coordinator but what will he be able to do without a decent D line. That's why I laugh when people say replace Marvin...Show me a coach who will do better with the hand he's been dealt![/b][/quote]

doesn't even have to be Pollack and Thurman. Give me Brooks and Henry for the first 8 games, and this team is sitting at anywhere from 4-4 to 6-2.

[quote name='ONYX' post='588809' date='Nov 8 2007, 01:58 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Thats just the harsh reality of being a coach in the NFL. Most every coach that has ever been fired has a
legitimate excuse why his players didn't perform but he stills knows at some point despite the cards he's
been dealt, he's got to produce.

Bresnahan and his position coaches, just hasnt gotten the job done. And its a shame because when this offense is hitting
on all cylinders, the defense doesn't have to be great, it just needs to be average.

Fair or not it seems highly unlikely that Bresnahan's and some other D coaches' contract will be renewed
come January.
[/b][/color][/quote]

right, its a crapshoot and someone has to take a fall, and if the contracts up and the guy you wanted more anyway is standing in the shadows already, the writing is carved into the wall.

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='588915' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:28 AM'][b]Great great post.....WIth Pollack and Thurman we would be a lot better than we are but our D Line still stinks. ..We need a whole new D line for sure. It looks like Donnie Henderson will be the new D coordinator but what will he be able to do without a decent D line. That's why I laugh when people say replace Marvin...Show me a coach who will do better with the hand he's been dealt![/b][/quote]

name a single Dline in the entire history of the nfl who is successful with ZERO LB's behind them...

any one is fine..... just one.. an above average DE on this team got 10.5 sacks last year with a remotely stable LB crew, and has what, 1 this year? the other had 7.5 last year and also had 1 this year?

they just lost 80+% of thier talent in the last 9 months? ill take a 18 sack DE duo any day of the week, and peko is a damn good DT. no pro bowler, but damn solid and good against the run.

how ridiculous.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='588923' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:43 AM']right, its a crapshoot and someone has to take a fall, and if the contracts up and the guy you wanted more anyway is standing in the shadows already, the writing is carved into the wall.

name a single Dline in the entire history of the nfl who is successful with ZERO LB's behind them...

any one is fine..... just one.. an above average DE on this team got 10.5 sacks last year with a remotely stable LB crew, and has what, 1 this year? the other had 7.5 last year and also had 1 this year?

they just lost 80+% of thier talent in the last 9 months? ill take a 18 sack DE duo any day of the week, and peko is a damn good DT. no pro bowler, but damn solid and good against the run.

how ridiculous.[/quote]
[b]you have your opinion I have mine. I do not think the D line is good and has'nt been good since 1975[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='588943' date='Nov 8 2007, 10:19 AM'][b]you have your opinion I have mine. I do not think the D line is good and has'nt been good since 1975[/b][/quote]

certainly we have differing opinions, but i tossed some stats and facts behind mine just for fun, and since you didnt have any, i ased for a scenario in which any Dline could be successful under the same circumstances.

i dont understand the process of forming opinions out of what seems to be bitterness or spite, instead of evaluating a situation. to each his own.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='589001' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:13 AM']George Bush is to blame. He hates black people.[/quote]

thats also true.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='589046' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:51 AM']injuries suck and dont help but i refuse to use that as an excuse. its so lame...i think our players r pussies and some of em just dont give a shit. and i think our coaching is terrible[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

I don't completely disagree, but why come off like a whiner about it?

[quote name='bengals8580' post='589046' date='Nov 8 2007, 11:51 AM']injuries suck and dont help but i refuse to use that as an excuse. its so lame...i think our players r pussies and some of em just dont give a shit. and i think our coaching is terrible[/quote]

and i think your retarded...

how can you discredit 40 injuries..

[color="#FF8C00"][b][size=7]40[/size][/b][/color]

and what coach on the planet can make dhani jones shlegal and blue adams play like they are worth a damn?

no one, which is why they were all unemployed.... not a single team wanted them, not a single team thought they were worth even a 3rd string spot... and they are our starters.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='589112' date='Nov 8 2007, 12:34 PM']and i think your retarded...[/quote]
Has the "personal attacks" thing been lifted? Just checking to see if we can use them again...

[quote name='steggyD' post='588813' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:03 AM']The whole damn team.[/quote]
True.

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='589375' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:02 PM']Has the "personal attacks" thing been lifted? Just checking to see if we can use them again...

True.[/quote]

i am offended that you would consider being retarded as derogatory. im sure the mentally disabled people you encounter will surely appreciate your negativity.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='589381' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:04 PM']i am offended that you would consider being retarded as derogatory. im sure the mentally disabled people you encounter will surely appreciate your negativity.[/quote]
If you're offended by the implied negativity of the comment, does that mean that you are admitting to being mentally disabled yourself?

Explains a lot... :whistle:

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='589389' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:07 PM']If you're offended by the implied negativity of the comment, does that mean that you are admitting to being mentally disabled yourself?

Explains a lot... :whistle:[/quote]

that doesnt REALLY make sense... but i guess [i]all things considered[/i]... it was decent... :shrug:

Archived