!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM- BENGALS @ SEACHICKENS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='ccartman2' post='555748' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:09 AM']I don't see how that was the right call going for 2. We kick the point and make them go for 2. Then a field goal wins it at the end if Holt doesn't fumble. Maybe with a little more time left in the game, you go for 2, but with 2 minutes left, I just don't see the point.[/quote]
That call had ZERO outcome on the game. Why everyone is moaning and groaning about it I have no clue.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='555752' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:09 AM']Here you guys, I'll do Marvin's press conference for ya so you don't have to waste your time.

We just gotta get out there and play football. Gotta make the plays. Do your job. Time to move forward for next week. yada yada yada[/quote]

And he's damn right. :contract:

[quote name='BengalMatt' post='555729' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:05 PM']Kiss that Coachs black ass good bye![/quote]

[b]Don't be a fucking idiot ... Marvin isn't going anywhere ... And if you actually think his job isn't safe ... you are a fucking retard.

It is not Marvin's fault that Holt can't hold on to the fucking ball. [/b]

I'm just wondering if our safeties and corners will ever figure out what the fuck the other is doing. Joseph allows Burleson around him and Madieu can't get over in time. Joseph got picked on this game, and for good reason.

We're staring 1-3 right in the face, what will this team do to change that? Seems our offense can't help the D out by stepping on a team's neck and really put the pressure on by getting up 2 scores or more. Our special teams is a complete fucking wreck, we have 3 healthy backers and 2 we picked up in the last 2 weeks.....This is a complete nightmare.

I'm at a loss right now.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555761' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:11 PM'][b]That call had ZERO outcome on the game. Why everyone is moaning and groaning about it I have no clue[/b].
And he's damn right. :contract:[/quote]

One reason is, it could have had an outcome on the game. The other reason is, I really feel it was a poor decision on Marvin's behalf. It's just another example of poor in game coaching.

This should be the official i cant believe we fucking lost this game thread. Unbelievable. The defense played well...but the scheme needs to maybe be tweaked in the 4th quarter that close to the goal.

I sure to hell hope Kenny Watson starts at running back next week too.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='555749' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:09 PM']I used to think Marvin was the best coach in the league, but honestly at this point I wouldn't give a shit if they fired him after the season. Obviously that wont happen considering the owners loyalty, but still.[/quote]

[b]Marvin isn't the fucking problem ... the problem is that we have so many injuries/suspensions ... that we are playing with a second Team Defense, no 3rd WR ... and a good number of young players with no experience.

Still we should be 3-0 right now if we get probably 2 small breaks. Only about 3 plays seperate us from 3-0 to 1-2. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='555777' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:14 PM'][b]Marvin isn't the fucking problem ... the problem is that we have so many injuries/suspensions ... that we are playing with a second Team Defense, no 3rd WR ... and a good number of young players with no experience.

Still we should be 3-0 right now if we get probably 2 small breaks. Only about 3 plays seperate us from 3-0 to 1-2. [/b][/quote]

It just seems like with this team it's always 1 more player or 1 more play. The D played as well as it could I guess and the O only seems to kick it into gear when the other team scores.

It's easy to blame the D and Holt but really the Offense cost us this one. They had so many opportunities the score the whole game and blew them. They punted at least 4 times and had 3 turnovers. At least half of those should have gone for points, and if they did capatilize on the opportunites earlier we would have won this game without much trouble.

And the thought of playing the patriots next week makes me fucking sick. I hate to say it, but there's no way I see us winning. We're too fucking dumb and our entire team never shows up for a game.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='555764' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:11 PM'][b]Don't be a fucking idiot ... Marvin isn't going anywhere ... And if you actually think his job isn't safe ... you are a fucking retard.

It is not Marvin's fault that Holt can't hold on to the fucking ball. [/b][/quote]

My bad. Im sorry I didnt know Holt was the only guy that lost that game. 1-5 in the last six games! Wow Holt has a lot of questions to answer to.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='555777' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:14 PM'][b]Marvin isn't the fucking problem ... the problem is that we have so many injuries/suspensions ... that we are playing with a second Team Defense, no 3rd WR ... and a good number of young players with no experience.

Still we should be 3-0 right now if we get probably 2 small breaks. Only about 3 plays seperate us from 3-0 to 1-2. [/b][/quote]

Unfortunately, NE doesn't give a shit about "shoulda's" and have every intent on ripping us apart on Monday Night. Can this team pull together this week with a local media and general fan buzz being completely negative (if you think otherwise, you're crazy)? This is a statement game on Monday and by playing poorly the last two weeks we have made it even more important. We have a very favorable schedule on the other side of that bye. The problem is, we have an absolute terror of a team standing in front of us.

are you insane? I'm hard pressed to find 3 good plays total over the last 2 weeks. Marvins ass is so hot it's smokin right now!

That and a token gets you on the subway.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='555777' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:14 AM'][b]Marvin isn't the fucking problem ... the problem is that we have so many injuries/suspensions ... that we are playing with a second Team Defense, no 3rd WR ... and a good number of young players with no experience.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is actually watching the games. Maybe some of these boys can't see through their own tears, since they start crying after any play that doesn't go perfectly.

This team is so close to being 3-0, it's silly. And we've got a TON of players due to come back from injury or suspension shortly. Anyone who doesn't think we would be undefeated going into the NE game if we had Henry, Jeanty, Brooks, and Kilmer healthy is crazy.

The sky is not falling. Our season is not over. We will be in the playoffs.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555810' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:21 PM']Glad to know I'm not the only one who is actually watching the games. Maybe some of these boys can't see through their own tears, since they start crying after any play that doesn't go perfectly.

This team is so close to being 3-0, it's silly. And we've got a TON of players due to come back from injury or suspension shortly. Anyone who doesn't think we would be undefeated going into the NE game if we had Henry, Jeanty, Brooks, and Kilmer healthy is crazy.

The sky is not falling. Our season is not over. [b]We will be in the playoffs[/b].[/quote]

playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!? we're trying to win a game

I'd love to see Marv light up the team in his press conference

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555842' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:29 PM']WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Write it down.[/quote]

Write it down...this team hasn't played a complete game on both sides of the ball since last October!! O plays great D sucks...D makes a stand offense cant move the ball...SPecial Teams has sucked since Week One!

Archived