A known "disciplinarian" could have been our coach.

For you people who obviously don't listen or read anything in full that Tiki has said, I will help recap it for you:

Tiki WOULD have retired EVEN IF Coughlin was gone.

He said Coughlin PLAYED A PART in his decision to retire, but BY NO MEANS was the deciding factor.

His teammates OUTSIDE OF ELI (now) LOVED him and probably would drop Eli at the drop of a hat to have Tiki back.

Telling the Giants of his decision prior to the end of the season gave them a better chance to prepare and if you think that ruined the focus of the team then Tom Coughlin does a horrible job of coaching.

Maybe Rich Braham's decision to retire in the middle of the season last year was the reason we missed the playoffs.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='571175' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:42 AM']For you people who obviously don't listen or read anything in full that Tiki has said, I will help recap it for you:

He said Coughlin PLAYED A PART in his decision to retire, but BY NO MEANS was the deciding factor.

His teammates OUTSIDE OF ELI (now) LOVED him and probably would drop Eli at the drop of a hat to have Tiki back.

Telling the Giants of his decision prior to the end of the season gave them a better chance to prepare and if you think that ruined the focus of the team then Tom Coughlin does a horrible job of coaching.

Maybe Rich Braham's decision to retire in the middle of the season last year was the reason we missed the playoffs.[/quote]

dan just pwned all you FAGS!

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='570607' date='Oct 15 2007, 06:10 PM']im glad he isnt our coach. coughlin is a fuck.[/quote]

Not sure if Coughlin could operate under the constraints of the Brown regime any better than Marvin but his Giants are 4-2 and look like a solid team.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='571232' date='Oct 16 2007, 08:45 AM']Really? Thats funny because of all the responses to this thread Jamie is the only
one that ever said Tiki retired because of Coughlin. I guess the fag you so
eloquently are referring to would be Jamie?[/quote]

Tiki said it contribuited to it. What are you talking about?

And now Im a fag?

LOL riiiight. Whatever, the point I was trying to make was obviously lost on some of you. As you were too busy worrying about if Tiki has "the gay".

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='570907' date='Oct 15 2007, 06:55 PM']No are you serious? The guy admited he retired because of coughlin, so the words out of his own mouth are not creditable?

Serisouly?[/quote]

See that above Jamie? Those are your own words. You said and I'll quote again "The guy admitted he retired
because of Coughlin, so the words out of his own mouth are not credible?"

Then Dan says "For you people who obviously don't listen or read anything in full that Tiki has said, I will help recap it for you:

Maybe Rich Braham's decision to retire in the middle of the season last year was the reason we missed the playoffs.

So basically Dan says that Coughlin was on a PART of the reason Tiki retired. Follow me?

Then Thurman says " dan just pwned all you FAGS! "
Meaning that whoever said Tiki retired only because of Coughlin got owned by Dan and was a fag right?

All I did was point out that in all the responses to this thread that you (Jamie) was the only one who said
that. So in essence Thurman was calling you a fag. I just thought I'd point that out. So if you want to be
pissed at someone calling you a fag you should be pissed at Thurman. I merely pointed it out.
Dont shoot the messenger. And if you go back and read every response you'll see that I never once called
Tiki gay.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='571240' date='Oct 16 2007, 09:06 AM']See that above Jamie? Those are your own words. You said and I'll quote again "The guy admitted he retired
because of Coughlin, so the words out of his own mouth are not credible?"

Then Dan says "For you people who obviously don't listen or read anything in full that Tiki has said, I will help recap it for you:

So basically Dan says that Coughlin was on a PART of the reason Tiki retired. Follow me?

Then Thurman says " dan just pwned all you FAGS! "
Meaning that whoever said Tiki retired only because of Coughlin got owned by Dan and was a fag right?

All I did was point out that in all the responses to this thread that you (Jamie) was the only one who said
that. So in essence Thurman was calling you a fag. I just thought I'd point that out. So if you want to be
pissed at someone calling you a fag you should be pissed at Thurman. I merely pointed it out.
Dont shoot the messenger. And if you go back and read every response you'll see that I never once called
Tiki gay.[/quote]

Im aware of what Dan said I read it, Im also aware that Tiki said it contributed to his decision, whether that was the reason or not. From the article (which I did read) [b]"However, Barber did say Coughlin played into the factors of why he left."[/b] Thurman calls everyone a fag, your right you didnt, I appologize, but you had other issues with Tiki for whatever reason.

None of that addresses my point, but whatever.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='571272' date='Oct 16 2007, 09:58 AM']Tiki has nothing to do with the Bengals being 1-4 and Marvin losing respect of his players. Tiki does have something to do with looking sweet in a suit and driving around in a Caddy Escalade.[/quote]

Apparently the point was missed on you as well.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='571291' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:43 AM']Apparently the point was missed on you as well.[/quote]

What was the point? That if Coughlin would have coached the Bengals, the players would have retired, because, Tiki said that is a reason he chose to retire. If that isn't the point then please clarify it for me. My point is if Coughlin would have came here the Bengals would be no worse off than they are right now.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='571297' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:51 AM']What was the point? That if Coughlin would have coached the Bengals, the players would have retired, because, Tiki said that is a reason he chose to retire. If that isn't the point then please clarify it for me. My point is if Coughlin would have came here the Bengals would be no worse off than they are right now.[/quote]

I know I know Im just speculating based on the comments from one guy (and a number of others last year) when I think that he would have ruined a few of our guys and we'd be even worse than we are now, but hey whatever a person cant logicaly deduce anything based on things that have been said, thats not allowed, thats called specualtion, and we shouldnt do that here.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='571299' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:53 AM']I know I know Im just speculating based on the comments from one guy (and a number of others last year) when I think that he would have ruined a few of our guys and we'd be even worse than we are now, but hey whatever a person cant logicaly deduce anything based on things that have been said, thats not allowed, thats called specualtion, and we shouldnt do that here.[/quote]

I dunno. I'm not saying I'd want Coughlin over Marvin, but Coughlin has shown that he is willing to change his ways, and things have gotten a lot better in new york lately, and their 4-2 record is proof of that.

One thing that was mentioned lastnight that I hope Marvin does, is that Couglin meets with about 10 vets every week and allows them to speak their minds and vent, as well as offer suggestions. It seems to be working.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='571302' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:57 AM']I dunno. I'm not saying I'd want Coughlin over Marvin, but Coughlin has shown that he is willing to change his ways, and things have gotten a lot better in new york lately, and their 4-2 record is proof of that.
One thing that was mentioned lastnight that I hope Marvin does, is that Couglin meets with about 10 vets every week and allows them to speak their minds and vent, as well as offer suggestions. It seems to be working.[/quote]

I just dont think his way of doing things would work with the personalities we have here.

• 11 months later...
[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='713562' date='Oct 14 2008, 01:24 PM']Knowing what you know now, would you have preferred we have gone with Coughlin over Marvin??[/quote]

Depends, does Coughlin get the scouts and GM he has in NY? (I think we both know the answer is no)

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='713562' date='Oct 14 2008, 01:24 PM']Knowing what you know now, would you have preferred we have gone with Coughlin over Marvin??[/quote]

No fucking question i would take coughlin over marvin

I sure as fuck would now!

And i would have done it THEN for sure too.

Once again reading the first few pages is pretty comical. It seems the Main posters here who try and Bully everybody around are proved wrong quite often. Hrmmmm.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='713640' date='Oct 14 2008, 03:41 PM']No fucking question i would take coughlin over marvin

I sure as fuck would now!

And i would have done it THEN for sure too.

Once again reading the first few pages is pretty comical. It seems the Main posters here who try and Bully everybody around are proved wrong quite often. Hrmmmm.[/quote]

Ill pose the same question to you. Does Coughlin get the scounts and GM he got in NY? (being that the answer is no, what makes you think he would have won here?)

Archived