Any chance for the buckeyes?

JBandJoeyV

The buckeyes are 7th in the BCS rankings, so they obviously would have to pass 6 teams in the next few weeks to get in...So do they have a chance?

1. LSU- They have 2 easy games, then Arkansas at the end of the year, followed by the SEC championship game, I think its definitely a possibility that they lose 1 of those games.

2. Oregon-3 fairly easy games that I dont see them losing, but then again I dont think they are good enough where its impossible for them to get upset. Almost a lock to get in though.

3-5 Are Kansas Oklahoma and Missouri, Kansas and Mizzo play each other so one of them will have to lose, and winner has to play Oklahoma. So 2 of those three teams are out, but 1 is likely to stay with only 1 loss.

6. WV has two tough games left vs Uconn and UC, hopefully they lose one.

So its completely unlikely, but hey theres a chance.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='591689' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:51 AM']The buckeyes are 7th in the BCS rankings, so they obviously would have to pass 6 teams in the next few weeks to get in...So do they have a chance?

1. LSU- They have 2 easy games, then Arkansas at the end of the year, followed by the SEC championship game, I think its definitely a possibility that they lose 1 of those games.

2. Oregon-3 fairly easy games that I dont see them losing, but then again I dont think they are good enough where its impossible for them to get upset. Almost a lock to get in though.

3-5 Are Kansas Oklahoma and Missouri, Kansas and Mizzo play each other so one of them will have to lose, and winner has to play Oklahoma. So 2 of those three teams are out, but 1 is likely to stay with only 1 loss.

6. WV has two tough games left vs Uconn and UC, hopefully they lose one.

So its completely unlikely, but hey theres a chance.[/quote]
They're finished for the NC game. They just need to go up to Ann Arbor this weekend and take care of business and get to the Rose Bowl... Essentially, this game is for the Big Ten title, correct? Since Michigan has only one conference loss (Wisconsin)...

That'll be a feat in and of itself.

Oklahoma will have its hands full with Missouri in the Big 12 champ game after Mizzou dispatches Kansas. But, obviously, one of those teams is going to stay put at 3 so if either of the top 2 were to faulter that 3rd slot is just going to slide up as it isn't like they're having to play garbage teams the rest of the way. They definitely won't get jumped over because of poor competition at this point.

You're NC game will likely be LSU v Oregon. LSU has Ole Miss @ Oxford which, either way, is a gimme. Then Arkansas, but they get them at Baton Rouge so they'll handle Arkansas just fine. Load up to stop McFadden and Jones and make Dick and their receivers beat you. Just like the Vols did Saturday. McFadden picked up about 100 garbage yards late in the 3rd and 4th quarters after UT was up by 24-27 points. They were conceding the run and allowing 4-5 yards a carry as long as they kept them inbounds and not giving the big play.

And, then LSU will play either Tennessee or Georgia in Atlanta and they'll beat either of those teams, unless we just pull something out our ass and win a crazy one...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='591795' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:15 AM'][b]They're finished for the NC game[/b]. They just need to go up to Ann Arbor this weekend and take care of business and get to the Rose Bowl... Essentially, this game is for the Big Ten title, correct? Since Michigan has only one conference loss (Wisconsin)...

That'll be a feat in and of itself.

You're NC game will likely be LSU v Oregon.[/quote]

It's not completely out of the question. I was hoping they'd stay in the top 5-6 though. I still see LSU, WVU, and 2 of the three from OU/Missouri/Kansas losing, which moves OSU back up to #3. If somehow Oregon or a 3rd Big 12 team goes down, OSU is back in.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='591799' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:19 AM']It's not completely out of the question. I was hoping they'd stay in the top 5-6 though. I still see LSU, WVU, and 2 of the three from OU/Missouri/Kansas losing, which moves OSU back up to #3. If somehow Oregon or a 3rd Big 12 team goes down, OSU is back in.[/quote]
No, it is not completely impossible. But, neither are the Bengals for making the Super Bowl - how likely is that?

That is what I thought.

You have WV losing to who - UC? They'll not lose to UConn - UC showed how fake that team is. And, I really don't see them losing to UC either. But, anything can happen and that is why they play the game. I personally don't see WVU or LSU either one losing again, but again, that just my opinion.

In theory then, OSU needs WVU and LSU to lose, Oregon to drop somehow 3 unranked Pac 10 teams left Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon St., and then they'd play the winner of the Big 12 Championship game... could happen, but highly, highly unlikely...

Look at it this way - this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Luckeyes so to have sniffed #1 for as long as they did is a credit to them. They'll return the majority of their team next year and should be able to make a run again, I've not looked at their non-conference schedule yet.

I know this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. THey have a home and home starting with USC next year.

I wouldn't think UC could beat WVU, but I didn't think they'd beat USF either. And the game is at UC. a Top 3-4 finish is likely, a top 2 finish would have been a good shot had Kansas lost this week.

I think it`s bullshit that the Buckeyes had a 7 point loss,
to an 8-3 team, and fell some many spots.

It`s also bullshit that 3 teams from the Big 12 are all ranked
in the top 5.

Oklahoma lost to a team that is 5-6 (Colorado) and their in the top 5 ?
Yet Ohio State isn`t ?

Hopefully those Big 12 teams beat up on each other, and LSU and/or
Oregon lose one of their remaining games. I look for LSU to lose to
Florida in the SEC Championship.

I was always rooting for UC anyway, but it would be wonderful
if they could knock WV out this weekend.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='591888' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:03 PM']I think it`s bullshit that the Buckeyes had a 7 point loss,
to an 8-3 team, and fell some many spots.

It`s also bullshit that 3 teams from the Big 12 are all ranked
in the top 5.

Oklahoma lost to a team that is 5-6 (Colorado) and their in the top 5 ?
Yet Ohio State isn`t ?

Hopefully those Big 12 teams beat up on each other, and LSU and/or
Oregon lose one of their remaining games. I look for LSU to lose to
Florida in the SEC Championship.

I was always rooting for UC anyway, but it would be wonderful
if they could knock WV out this weekend.[/quote]
I agree with a weak Big 12 having 3 teams at 3, 4, and 5.

Florida isn't going to get to Atlanta - both Tennessee and Georgia have to lose again for that to happen and it isn't likely. And, one of those Big 12 teams isn't going anywhere at Mizzou and Kansas play this weekend - which will drop one of them. That winner will play Oklahoma and that'll drop a second. The winner of that game isn't going to get jumped by Ohio St. The only hope would be that Oklahoma loses this weekend in conference yet still gets to the championship game, and beats the winner of this weekends Mizzou / Kansas game. That'd knock all three down that way. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.

But, I guess a fan can dream.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='592312' date='Nov 13 2007, 02:46 AM']I think Oregon will play LSU in the championship game....
hard to crown a true champ without a playoff system.[/quote]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='592321' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:38 AM']I think Oregon and LSU are the two best teams, so it will work out favorably for the BCS. But god damn, a playoff would be amazing.[/quote]
I agree with both of these sentiments...

A playoff would also cause better non-conference in season games. Tennessee, Ohio State, etc. could schedule better out of conference games and not feel like that 1 loss would knock them from contention. As long as you're in the final say 16 then you're in and your team would be better prepared to play the top echelon teams...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='592495' date='Nov 13 2007, 12:47 PM']I agree with both of these sentiments...

A playoff would also cause better non-conference in season games. Tennessee, Ohio State, etc. could schedule better out of conference games and not feel like that 1 loss would knock them from contention. As long as you're in the final say 16 then you're in and your team would be better prepared to play the top echelon teams...[/quote]

Tennessee and Ohio State do schedule good out of conference games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='592527' date='Nov 13 2007, 01:27 PM']Tennessee and Ohio State do schedule good out of conference games.[/quote]
I guess I meant those as examples - more along the lines of other major colleges doing the same thing. Not the I-AA's, etc.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='593871' date='Nov 16 2007, 12:43 AM']The question now is, if OSU beats micigan and LSU loses, Is WVU better then the buckeyes? I don't think so. Truthfully, OSU should now play LSU for the National Title if they beat Michigan as the [b]Big East and Big 12 are worse then the Big 10.[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the big ten is FUCKING garbage this year. fucking homer douchebags.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='593871' date='Nov 16 2007, 12:43 AM']The question now is, if OSU beats micigan and LSU loses, Is WVU better then the buckeyes? I don't think so. Truthfully, OSU should now play LSU for the National Title if they beat Michigan as [b]the Big East and Big 12 are worse then the Big 10.[/b][/quote]

Suuuuure they are..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] Naturally, the big 10 is the best conference in the world! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='596147' date='Nov 19 2007, 08:49 AM']Now you need Oklahoma to win out, including the Big 12 title game, WV to lose, [s]and[/s][b]or[/b] LSU to lose...[/quote]

FIFY

We only need 3 teams to lose. Although, of the 4 teams ahead of us, I think I most want to play Missouri. But I'll take anybody.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='596665' date='Nov 19 2007, 10:18 PM']that is the STUPIDEST thing ive ever heard. the Big East gets no love and is better than most of the "good" conferences.[/quote]

I think its somewhat true. I think the Big East is deeper than most conferences (except the SEC) in good teams, but I think if you look at the top 3 from each conference, they don't stack up quite as well.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='596678' date='Nov 19 2007, 10:47 PM']I think its somewhat true. I think the Big East is deeper than most conferences (except the SEC) in good teams, but I think if you look at the top 3 from each conference, they don't stack up quite as well.[/quote]
i can agree to an extent, but I think WVU is better than anyone Big Ten. The Big East definitely has more good teams than the Big 10 and most other conferences have. The Big East is getting there and imo they look like they will be a STUD conference in the near future. Im sick of the haters.

Archived