Ocho and TJ out of control per PFT.com

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610745' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:47 PM']post one article they have released that has ended up being the truth and Ill eat my helping of crow.

articles posted from that site usually end up being 10 pages of arguements from the members here. its all useless garb and some gullible folk go to war defending it because they read it on the internet therefore its gospel. This is the reason I cast my vote to ban any article from that site being posted here. hell if we wanted to argue about things that arent true or going to happen we can just start another Levar Arrington thread.[/quote]

Chris. Perry. Sports. Hernia.

And Actium is right, they were on top of the Vick case before any conventional media source. Like I said, you can believe what you want, but I'm not sure what you gain by doing so. It's not like people read it assuming everything it says is fact. I just don't believe that he just straight up makes stuff up. I'm sure he hears it from [i]someone[/i], whether that person is correct/credible is another issue, but it's called the [size=3][u][b]RUMOR MILL[/b][/u][/size] for a reason.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='610774' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:41 PM']Chris. Perry. Sports. Hernia.

And Actium is right, they were on top of the Vick case before any conventional media source. Like I said, you can believe what you want, but I'm not sure what you gain by doing so. It's not like people read it assuming everything it says is fact. I just don't believe that he just straight up makes stuff up. I'm sure he hears it from [i]someone[/i], whether that person is correct/credible is another issue, but it's called the [size=3][u][b]RUMOR MILL[/b][/u][/size] for a reason.[/quote]

I have to second this.

I found PFT only because of a majority of go-bengals.com complaining about it so often. While yes, they post the occasional "we've heard from a friend of a source of a friend's former ex-roommate" story, they are always clear about it. And yes, the dude has a boner for the Steelers, but whatever -- that's where he lives.

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='610796' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:17 PM']I have to second this.

I found PFT only because of a majority of go-bengals.com complaining about it so often. While yes, they post the occasional "we've heard from a friend of a source of a friend's former ex-roommate" story, they are always clear about it. And yes, the dude has a boner for the Steelers, but whatever -- [b]that's where he lives.[/b]

-jd[/quote]

virginia beach?

i was unaware that was steeler country.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='610811' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:40 PM']Va Beach... really?

Well hell... I'll go out and find him and kick his ass then.

BTW - the stealers have a huge following here, there are more than a couple "stealers only" bars... we call then outhouses.[/quote]

after i said it i starting thinking they are steelers or redskins fans, and if he bandwagon says anything they are likely steelers fans there too... but not one called me on it so i left it.

the site is decent enough there is a pro stealer and anti bengal bias. but frankly thats not specific to that site by any means.

[quote name='Patton' post='610681' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:29 PM']POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

CHAD, T.J. "OUT OF CONTROL"

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.[/quote]

gotta love the anonymous rumors.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610806' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:36 PM']i think he is FROM wv or pa, the pft offices are in Virginia beach i believe.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure there is no PFT offices. its just Florio and Michael David Smith and MDS isn't local to him. Florio manages the site from his law office in Morgantown, WV. I'm about 95% sure of that. The 21st century is a beatufil thing, you can manage a website remotely from anywhere these days, i even do it as part of my job for my organization. I could be in Japan and as long as i have a computer with internet access, i could update our website and i'm pretty sure thats what Florio does too.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='610806' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:36 PM']i think he is FROM wv or pa, the pft offices are in Virginia beach i believe.[/quote]

Florio is a lawyer in West Virginia -- you can look him up on the WVA bar association site if, say, you wanted to get his office and fax number.

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='610836' date='Dec 17 2007, 04:35 PM']Florio is a lawyer in West Virginia -- you can look him up on the WVA bar association site if, say, you wanted to get his office and fax number.[/quote]

That makes me right. Fantastic!

I win, one-ta'-nothing! (not sure who I'm competing against)

-jd

[quote name='Bengals Fan #9' post='610841' date='Dec 17 2007, 04:51 PM']Didnt Marvin say at the end of last season he was going back to being a hard ass?[/quote]

Yes, there were a number of stories that had Marvin stating things along those lines, the guys respected him more when he enforced the law, etc, etc.

-jd

[quote name='doogles' post='610842' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:52 PM']Yes, there were a number of stories that had Marvin stating things along those lines, the guys respected him more when he enforced the law, etc, etc.

-jd[/quote]

He also guaranteed the Defense would be better...not all his fault with the injuries, but I hope he doesn't make any guarantees this year.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='610851' date='Dec 17 2007, 05:20 PM']He also guaranteed the Defense would be better...not all his fault with the injuries, but I hope he doesn't make any guarantees this year.[/quote]

Just like kINTna, it makes you look like the FOOL you actually are!

Funny thing is, ML said the D would be better, but he will not own up to this D being his. Say what? LOL

[quote name='Actium' post='610690' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:10 PM']That's not true! That's impossible!!!!!!

Chad I'm not surpised about--just look at him during games. He and Carson are not getting along. TJ --who knows if that's true. But it probably is. TJ strikes me as someone who gets frustrated when others don't do as well as he, and Carson isn't exactly lighting it up.

True or not, this certainly seems plausible.[/quote]

It is plausible and pretty much accurate.........unfortunately. TJ used to be one of my favorite Bengals but he's quickly becoming someone whose very appearance agitates me. He still plays hard though, but needs to cut ALL the other shit out.

[quote name='Actium' post='610710' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:29 PM']business as usual.

if true, I blame Carson as much as Chad, TJ, and Marvin. Carson needs to stand up for himself.[/quote]

You know how everyone says Carson's been locking onto his guy lately? Well, when your WR yells at you one play, and you make it a point to throw it to him the next play......you kinda lock onto him. Carson stands up for himself at times, not NEARLY as much as he should.....but when your whinyass WRs are yelling at you after every play.......well, there's no point in arguing back with them.....you're bringing yourself to their level. You need unity and chemistry in this league to win.........this team has neither currently.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='610726' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:52 PM']ive said it before and ill say it again, anyone posting garbage from that website should be warned and then banned. PFT is the national enquirer of the nfl.[/quote]

Even the National Enquirer gets it right sometime............as is the example with bat boy........he's alive and well......and even coaches the Superbowl champion Colts:

[img]http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/dungybatboy.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Who Dey Time' post='610757' date='Dec 17 2007, 04:37 PM']Wasn't Marvin going to be the next head coach at Michigan according to PFT?[/quote]

So you mean a rumor didn't become truth? No way. And I dont know why I'm defending that site, I honestly have never been to it or don't have any desire to go to it.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='610768' date='Dec 17 2007, 05:02 PM']Yep, he or Shanahan... With Shanahan being the "more likely" of the two.

Like I said in that forum - these guys just sling a bunch of shit against the wall and hope any of it sticks...[/quote]

That's what rumormill sites do............. yes

Didn't PFT have the breaking news on the Chad fight in the locker room and it was true???

4. More Corroboration of Chad Incident.

Five days after we broke one of our most controversial stories ever, corroboration of our account continues to roll in -- even if credit for our work from the national media outlets has been relatively limited.

On Saturday night's pregame show, Boomer Esiason of CBS reiterated his belief that something went down between receiver Chad Johnson and coaches Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis during halftime of last Sunday's wild card loss to the Steelers. On Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on the incident as if it were fact.

We've also gotten favorable treatment for the story in print. Mark Curnutte of The Cincinnati Enquirer recently wrote: "Though Johnson called a news conference to deny anything happened, the report has gained increasing degrees of credibility with each passing day." On Sunday, David Neal of The Miami Herald addressed the report and added that "[u]nlike most of its Internet peers and radio ramblers, profootballtalk.com has a respectable shooting percentage with rumor accuracy."

We realize that it's easy for the untrained eye to lump us in with the cacophony of smarmy blogs and sites written by folks with no real connections to the the sports they purport to cover. But the Johnson story and its aftermath should confirm for all of the Doubting Thomi out there that we really do have a solid network of sources, and that we're not just making stuff up in the hopes of generating traffic and buzz.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='610687' date='Dec 17 2007, 05:37 PM']I love when I hear stories like this...

Do these fucks not realize who thier QB is? They could MAYBE go to 3 other teams and have a better QB to throw them the ball.

idiots.[/quote]

And maybe they also dont realize they NEED each other.. They would be like Irvin and "What's-his-name" that thought he was a #1 WR option, or like Rice and Taylor (Rice of course Hall of Fame but Taylor...limited) and went to another team and bother were a total non factor from that point on..

[quote name='cincity' post='610857' date='Dec 17 2007, 04:45 PM']And maybe they also dont realize they NEED each other.. They would be like Irvin and "What's-his-name" that thought he was a #1 WR option, or like Rice and Taylor (Rice of course Hall of Fame but Taylor...limited) and went to another team and bother were a total non factor from that point on..[/quote]

Alvin Harper was Irvin's #2. I thought John Taylor was a damn good #2 WR, though.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='610728' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:25 PM']Wow, didn't realize G-B.com was Communist Russia. :mellow:
[b]
Have you seen them on the sideline? Do you really think this story is that far-fetched?[/b][/quote]
have u ever watched a football game in your life? AT EVERY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL THIS HAPPENS AND ON EVERY TEAM. Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning chew into each other every game that they miss on something. Brady does it all the time. They arent stories becuase they arent the "criminal team" and they didnt underachieve. People look for a dumbass excuse. so the people with no brain state something that happens everywhere and then pulls another complete dumbass statement out of their ass and goes "marvin lost the team!!!" even though its pretty fucking clear he hasnt.

Archived