That's it I'm done!

:huh: ... Just saw Chad on the NFL network. He was being interviewed by Mooch and Tiki. It was just pretty pathetic how he was acting. He was saying pretty much the same thing. Says he will sit out, can`t play in Cincy, gets blamed for every thing negative, being called a cancer and someone inside the organization is saying bad things to the media about him. Bottom line he is a whiny little bitch. I personally would not trade him. I would let him cool his jets outside looking in.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='628413' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:56 PM']yesterday I flipped my opinion of Frostee based on the latest Hobknob story on him.

I'm not ready to throw Chad under the bus, I use that term intentionally, since it's been put out there as Chad's position.

Do I believe Chad is upset and venting - Yes
Is he behaving immaturely - Somewhat, who knows what guidance Drew is giving him, but after reading the transcripts he's being rather adept at handling the direct questions.
Is the Superbowl more important to Chad than the money - Yes, I truly think so
Do I believe Drew has more to do with this than Chad - Yes, but b/c of the way the CBA is set up, Drew is very good at what he does and that's not the business of making friends
Do I believe Chad will be in stripes - Yes, b/c Mike and Marvin will not cave into Drew's manuevering and Chad isn't TO.
I am curious to what is happening in the locker room, real or percieved.

this little drama will play itself out.

With the prospect of Pollack and Odell returning, two first day defensive picks, healthy RBs and LBs, my biggest worry is a freaking strike.[/quote]

I can agree with that.

My biggest issue with all this? Chad seems to have changed his desire from "being the best ever" to "going somewhere to win a Super Bowl". So now he's a team player? So hypothetically, if he moves on, he'll start blocking on running plays? He'll run true routes when he knows he's a 3rd option on this play? He won't pout when things aren't going HIS way?

I'm not buying it, not a bit. Like Backer just mentioned, he's been walking this fine line for some time now. He's finally jumped across, both feet in. This "someone" has to be Marvin, he would ALWAYS talk about how much he loved Marvin and how Marvin was this, Marvin was that. Now, the only two people in that locker room "that has my back is TJ......Carson."??

Sure sounds like Chad wants out of this "mess" that he had a large part in creating. He doesn't want to stay and fix this, b/c doing that would require him admitting some fault. That's something he doesn't seem equipped to handle.

The offseason just started, if he's still singing this tune after the combine, one has to honestly think about ways to get him out of town.

What a fall from grace Chad has experienced. Dude honestly ran this town for nearly three years. Couldn't help but love what he was doing.

Times, they are a'changin.

[quote name='Ben' post='628422' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:13 PM']wow.. just listened to the rome interview. What a little bitch. Reading the transcript does not convey it well enough.[/quote]

I haven't heard the interviews. But what is it with Drew Wreckinghose, why is that around the playoffs, one of his clients is becoming a media whore? And the media laps it up, they're just as guilty of continuing this buzz.

Do not trade him...

first, no one ever holds out
second, i don't want the extra cap hit
third, his trade value is going to be low because everyone thinks we have to trade him

i loved chad's comment about being Rome's sidekick. Rome said it doesn't pay well and Chad basically said he's not paid well right now.... what a jackass

a true team player never says anything about putting up his stats

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='628428' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:18 PM']I haven't heard the interviews. But what is it with Drew Wreckinghose, why is that around the playoffs, one of his clients is becoming a media whore? And the media laps it up, they're just as guilty of continuing this buzz.[/quote]

Two weeks of nothing to talk about it + Media converged all in one area + The biggest mouth in football = Headaches in Cincy

I say trade him to Miami. They have two second round picks this year, and it would be great to see CJ's career go to hell in a hand basket with no QB throwing him the ball. Trade him to NFL Siberia also known as the Dolphins. They are going to need to get younger at WR in the future anyways. Better to have TJ's attitude than to have cancer Chad to deal with.

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='628435' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:29 PM']Doesn't Chad make most of his money through endorsements? Seems to me like he's going to ruin that for himself.[/quote]

and how would that be?? He's pretty evasive in his answers.."Ill leave that to my agent to work out"

Bottom line is Chad is one big ATTENTION WHORE and what better place or time than the Super Bowl week to get it?
Lets face it .. the boy dont like it when he aint gettin mikes in his face or some goofey ass reporter scribling down abstract answers from him...

[quote name='mjm47' post='628376' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:45 PM']My guess is that a few months of downtime will cool everybody off.

Lance Briggs promised everyone that he wouldn't sign the franchise tender and would take the year off - didn't happen.

When confronted with the reality that it's, most likely, either play or miss out on paychecks, I think that most guys will usually show up.[/quote]

Lance Briggs and Alan Fanica and Asante Samuel.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='628401' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:29 PM']not defending chad, but lets keep things in perspective. Yes he fumbled in the Zona game, but that loss was far from his fault. SF, yes he dropped a catchable, beautiful pass from Carson that would have tied it (lets not forget the Rush D though).

KC? Yea, he gave up on the ball and I was pissed at it, but at the same it was a ball that should have never been thrown as it was in triple coverage and Chad would have gotten crushed. Should he have given up on the play? No. Should it ever have been thrown? No.

The only negativity he's bringing is on himself. Do you actually think less of the team or because of Carson because of Chad?[/quote]

the common thread in all those shortcomings was a lack of heart, and a give-up attitude. That fumble in the Zona game was his career in microcosm. Fumble, and sit there pouting while the play was still on-going.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='628439' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:34 PM']and how would that be?? He's pretty evasive in his answers.."Ill leave that to my agent to work out"

Bottom line is Chad is one big ATTENTION WHORE and what better place or time than the Super Bowl week to get it?
Lets face it .. the boy dont like it when he aint gettin mikes in his face or some goofey ass reporter scribling down abstract answers from him...[/quote]

because he's turning all the fans against him. What company wants their spokesman to be a person that everyone hates?

[quote name='gatorclaws' post='628443' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:37 PM']because he's turning all the fans against him. What company wants their spokesman to be a person that everyone hates?[/quote]

who hates Chad besides some fans in Cincinnati? america still thinks of him as some happy go lucky childlike player that is getting a raw deal in the Nati.....
no?

Once upon a time Chad was the beloved "he's a talented loudmouth but's no TO" WR of the league.
Now he is TO.
The buzz immediately around Nashville is that The Titans will jump on the opportunity to score a much needed WR for Vince..
[b]Just send us Vanden Bosch baby![/b]

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='628413' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:56 PM']yesterday I flipped my opinion of Frostee based on the latest Hobknob story on him.

I'm not ready to throw Chad under the bus, I use that term intentionally, since it's been put out there as Chad's position.

Do I believe Chad is upset and venting - Yes
Is he behaving immaturely - Somewhat, who knows what guidance Drew is giving him, but after reading the transcripts he's being rather adept at handling the direct questions.
Is the Superbowl more important to Chad than the money - Yes, I truly think so
Do I believe Drew has more to do with this than Chad - Yes, but b/c of the way the CBA is set up, Drew is very good at what he does and that's not the business of making friends
Do I believe Chad will be in stripes - Yes, b/c Mike and Marvin will not cave into Drew's manuevering and Chad isn't TO.
I am curious to what is happening in the locker room, real or percieved.

this little drama will play itself out.

With the prospect of Pollack and Odell returning, two first day defensive picks, healthy RBs and LBs, my biggest worry is a freaking strike.[/quote]

Completely agree

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='628444' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:37 PM']In part. Your damn right I do.[/quote]

I'll bite......why. Because some people on a message board are over his act?? He gets paid millions to play football. HE added all this attention on HIMSELF. Hw wanted to be the look at me guy and then went tit's up! Just like the Browns game in 04 when he sent the pepto and played like garbage! Fans had NOTHING to do with this outburst Money and attention is ALL this is over. You think he read Go-bengals.com and called Drew and asked to be traded???

[quote name='Actium' post='628442' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:37 PM']the common thread in all those shortcomings was a lack of heart, and a give-up attitude. That fumble in the Zona game was his career in microcosm. Fumble, and sit there pouting while the play was still on-going.[/quote]

the pouting on the ground, yea. But he's only had 5 career fumbles, only 2 of which were lost. By comparison, TJ has lost 6 of 9.

Archived