That's it I'm done!

My guess is that a few months of downtime will cool everybody off.

Lance Briggs promised everyone that he wouldn't sign the franchise tender and would take the year off - didn't happen.

When confronted with the reality that it's, most likely, either play or miss out on paychecks, I think that most guys will usually show up.

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='628368' date='Jan 30 2008, 11:40 AM']You know, you had to think that this was gonna happen with someone at some point where the "fans" succeed in driving another talented player out of town.

Takeo
Boomer
Corey- I admit, he rode his own rail out
now Chad.

Who's next???

Nobody pays attention to the Bengals, except us. The only reason that we got Carson is that we were the worst team in that year and ended up with the #1 pick. The only reason that our team gets any publication at all is Chad.

And now the only thing that casual people can assosciate with Cincy in a positive way is gonna get sent out. What a fucking suprise. No wonder that the general populace of the United States consider Cincy as a backwater. We don't bring talent in, we export it out.[/quote]

You REALLY think it's the fan's fault he is acting like a jackass............REALLY????

At 30, Chad wants one more big contract .His present contract expires at 33 or 34 when his valued will be diminished.He figures correctly that he can get a better contract somewhere else,right now.With about 20 million guaranteed,Chad wins AND JUST AS IMPORTANTLY SO DOES Drew Rosenhaus.

Put yourself in his shoes.Strike now and get paid.If he blows out a knee or suffers a debilitating injury,he's either out of football or will return with diminished,declining skills.You can bet that if that's case The Bengals would cut him lose .It's a cruel world in the NFL. To accomplish what Chad wants,he's throwing the team under the bus.He sees it as doing what's necessary.

Imo,we've seen this before with Pickens and Dillon.Mike caved in with new contracts thinking that money would buy their loyalty.He was wrong .They took the money and pissed on his shoes.A repeat of this scenario would be a [b]major distraction[/b].

Time for Chad to leave.He'll be happier and so will the team and its' fans.It's not personal.It's business FOR BOTH PARTIES.

Chad on Mike Tirico`s Show:

They showed highlights from 2005-06, he said those were the good ole days.
And it all seems so long ago.

He was asked if he wants out. He said he didn`t say that.
It came from their side first.

He said he won`t go to management to set things straight.
He said there has to be some truth to the trade rumors
that Mortensen reported.

He said he wants to be anywhere where he has the opportunity
to be in the Playoffs and win a Super Bowl period.

He said he wasn`t allowed to be me. He said he was told they
were losing because of me. Are you serious ? He said he saved
all the things he heard, all the things read and seen on TV.
He didn`t say anything during the season. And now is the time
to resolve the problem.

He was asked if there was anyway he could stay in Cincy.
He said it isn`t up to me. I said what I want. Playoffs and
to win a Super Bowl.

Now he is talking about Degree Deodorant. He said his acting
debut is coming up. But you have to wait and see.

He said it means a lot to be in the Super Bowl. The clock is ticking.
He is like a 40 year old woman wanting to have a baby.

His antics mask some of his hard work. He likes that. He doesn`t
want to be known as a hardworker. And he likes the way it is.

Asked what he has to do better. He said I don`t know.
Find a way to get my team to the Super Bowl.

He said he wants to see Moss go 19-0. But he also wants
to see Eli win, because all the crap he has taken.

He said he might be with them (Mike Tirico and the other guy) all year next year.
I took it to mean that he would sit out if not traded.
I could be wrong though . . .

I just heard the Mike Tirico interview. I don't think it was too bad. He never said one thing about wanting out or saying he would hold out (he never would).

To me this is all about him getting attention in attempts to get one more contract bump. If he is traded, he becomes just another TO or Moss in terms of attitude and team cancer and I think he knows that. Chad had always prided himself on not being like those guys.

My prediction - Chad is a Bengal in 2008.

[quote name='Mattyc' post='628370' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:40 PM']He can bitch all we wants. His arse belongs to the Bengals.[/quote]

EXACTLY!! He can play here or he can go and pout, but unless someone offers us something outrageous, I can't see any reason to let him go. Chad's just whining right now, but the one thing I noticed in his talk with Tirico was that he never said he had to be out of Cincy, or that he wanted to play somewhere else, he just said he wanted to play somewhere that was going to the playoffs and the superbowl. That should be HERE!

[quote name='whodey1971' post='628382' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:57 PM']Isn't he a $4M cap hit liability? If he leaves... not sure they could afford to replace him.[/quote]

I say this all the time and people seem to gloss over it....If Chad really wants out he can agree to give the Bengals back the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he has not earned yet and then there will be no cap hit.....Lavarr Arrington did it when he left the Redskins for the Giants.

No chad isnt going to come out and say "trade me"... His agent will probably do that behind closed doors in the Nati unless Mike Brown wants to renegotiate that contract with a hefty guaranteed bonus.
the other scenario would be if Rosenhaus and Johnson truly want out then Brown has to renegotiate a contract or work out a trade that frees him from cap obligation I would think.

[quote name='mt-bengal' post='628378' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:45 PM']You REALLY think it's the fan's fault he is acting like a jackass............REALLY????[/quote]

Of course not, a man is responsible for his own actions, regardless fo how immature that they may be.

But you have to agree that this debate has been going on for the better part of three years. I agree that if Chad wants to have all the praise, he should take the criticism as well. But considering the outcry on Chad's celebrations which happened to coincide with our downturn from 11-5, and that Cincy is regarded (not my words) as a racist town (though the times I've been here, all the peole have been quite friendly). It's a loose theory, but it's still a theory. It's almost like there are forces that be in this area that wish to have us remain a horrible team. I love Chad's celebrations. I'm all for them, because they keep the team loose. The whole damn team was uptight from the get-go. That is a part of a person that you can't coach out of them. Even you have to admit that when there isn't much pressure, Chad plays really well.

We have actually tasted some marginal success with the 8-8, the 11-5, consistently being in the playoff hunt. If you think about it, this is the first real disappointment that we have had in the Marvin Lewis era. And this is how some people face adversity, by wanting to trade and deal every dissenting voice that can be heard? Winning really is a hell of a drug.

And for the record, I do have a personal interest in the matter, I got a Chad Johnson replica jersey for Christmas, and if Chad is traded, there goes 65 bucks of my father's hard-earned cash out the window, and it wouldn't be worth wearing anymore.

[quote name='kennethmw' post='628384' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:01 PM']EXACTLY!! He can play here or he can go and pout, but unless someone offers us something outrageous, I can't see any reason to let him go. Chad's just whining right now, but the one thing I noticed in his talk with Tirico was that he never said he had to be out of Cincy, or that he wanted to play somewhere else, he just said he wanted to play somewhere that was going to the playoffs and the superbowl. That should be HERE![/quote]

What if he feels that the Bengals in general are singling him out for the majority of the reasons that we had a losing campaign, and aren't really addressing the true issues.?

Those same issues came up with Takeo and Dillion, they both felt that the Bengals weren't doing enough to even try to compete, much less chase a title. And who could blame them?

Dan ...

Chad has had his moments to lift the team in crunch situations and failed.

He dropped a 75yrd pass in Buffalo that would have won the game.
He dropped a TD in the final minutes at SF that would have tied the game.
He fumbled a ball against Zona after taking it down to the 10yrd line and the team lost that game in the 4th quater.
He ran poor routes in games against NE and KC.. He completely gave up on the throw Palmer made in the KC game and the Bengal announcers wre all over him on that one.

Its not like he didnt contribute to their losing season..
He made some great plays Ill give him that but for him to think he's without fault aside from a 15yrd penalty is asssinine on his part..

Im just tired of all the negativity it brings to the team...
They need to focus on a the positive and build their young team on that note.. Right now thats not the case...

He has crossed the line where he's now more trouble than he's worth. He's been walking the line for a while, but now he's crossed it.

I just can't imagine any way this won't be an enormous detrimental distraction if we keep him. Unless every one in the front office, every teammate, every writer and every fan line up and kiss his ass while giving him a reacharound and tell him how great he is, he's going to pout.

We don't need that shit. Let's try to get good value for him, eat the cap money and move on. Who knows, maybe most of the team would welcome losing the Chad show. It might make us better in the long run.

I agree with Chad that he took a lot of undue criticism from the media, but you live by the sword, you die by the sword. You can't scream "look at me" when things are going well, then expect the media not to look at you when they don't. He should have known that the media loves to build people up, only to tear them down. It's what they do. He also should know that his "personality" is going to grate on some teammates nerves.

I've felt like something along these lines was inevitable since he started becoming a media whore. -_-

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='628391' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:18 PM']What if he feels that the Bengals in general are singling him out for the majority of the reasons that we had a losing campaign, and aren't really addressing the true issues.?

Those same issues came up with Takeo and Dillion, they both felt that the Bengals weren't doing enough to even try to compete, much less chase a title. And who could blame them?[/quote]

Where have I heard that before??? :wuhh: :ninja:

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='628393' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:22 PM']Dan ...

Chad has had his moments to lift the team in crunch situations and failed.

He dropped a 75yrd pass in Buffalo that would have won the game.
He dropped a TD in the final minutes at SF that would have tied the game.
He fumbled a ball against Zona after taking it down to the 10yrd line and the team lost that game in the 4th quater.
He ran poor routes in games against NE and KC.. He completely gave up on the throw Palmer made in the KC game and the Bengal announcers wre all over him on that one.

Its not like he didnt contribute to their losing season..
He made some great plays Ill give him that but for him to think he's without fault aside from a 15yrd penalty is asssinine on his part..

Im just tired of all the negativity it brings to the team...
They need to focus on a the positive and build their young team on that note.. Right now thats not the case...[/quote]

not defending chad, but lets keep things in perspective. Yes he fumbled in the Zona game, but that loss was far from his fault. SF, yes he dropped a catchable, beautiful pass from Carson that would have tied it (lets not forget the Rush D though).

KC? Yea, he gave up on the ball and I was pissed at it, but at the same it was a ball that should have never been thrown as it was in triple coverage and Chad would have gotten crushed. Should he have given up on the play? No. Should it ever have been thrown? No.

The only negativity he's bringing is on himself. Do you actually think less of the team or because of Carson because of Chad?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='628401' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:29 PM']not defending chad, but lets keep things in perspective. Yes he fumbled in the Zona game, but that loss was far from his fault. SF, yes he dropped a catchable, beautiful pass from Carson that would have tied it (lets not forget the Rush D though).

KC? Yea, he gave up on the ball and I was pissed at it, but at the same it was a ball that should have never been thrown as it was in triple coverage and Chad would have gotten crushed. Should he have given up on the play? No. Should it ever have been thrown? No.

The only negativity he's bringing is on himself. Do you actually think less of the team or because of Carson because of Chad?[/quote]

When you say "not defending" in essence you are..
Your entitled to your opinion...
I think by making those plays the Bengals playoff hopes would have been much greater.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='628408' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:43 PM']When you say "not defending" in essence you are..
Your entitled to your opinion...
I think by making those plays the Bengals playoff hopes would have been much greater.[/quote]

I call it looking at it objectively. :)

There wasn't a single game the Bengals lost BECAUSE of Chad, despite how we all feel about his antics. You can't say that about Carson.

And back to the negativity part, its all being directed at him, not the team. I'd say the only thing he's said that has probably brought negativity to the team is that "I'm the best player on the team" comment. Other than that, I doubt (or at least it shouldn't be) anything he's been saying has effected the team's play on the field. If it has, this team has bigger issues than Chad.

yesterday I flipped my opinion of Frostee based on the latest Hobknob story on him.

I'm not ready to throw Chad under the bus, I use that term intentionally, since it's been put out there as Chad's position.

Do I believe Chad is upset and venting - Yes
Is he behaving immaturely - Somewhat, who knows what guidance Drew is giving him, but after reading the transcripts he's being rather adept at handling the direct questions.
Is the Superbowl more important to Chad than the money - Yes, I truly think so
Do I believe Drew has more to do with this than Chad - Yes, but b/c of the way the CBA is set up, Drew is very good at what he does and that's not the business of making friends
Do I believe Chad will be in stripes - Yes, b/c Mike and Marvin will not cave into Drew's manuevering and Chad isn't TO.
I am curious to what is happening in the locker room, real or percieved.

this little drama will play itself out.

With the prospect of Pollack and Odell returning, two first day defensive picks, healthy RBs and LBs, my biggest worry is a freaking strike.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' post='628413' date='Jan 30 2008, 02:56 PM']yesterday I flipped my opinion of Frostee based on the latest Hobknob story on him.

I'm not ready to throw Chad under the bus, I use that term intentionally, since it's been put out there as Chad's position.

Do I believe Chad is upset and venting - Yes
Is he behaving immaturely - Somewhat, who knows what guidance Drew is giving him, but after reading the transcripts he's being rather adept at handling the direct questions.
Is the Superbowl more important to Chad than the money - Yes, I truly think so
Do I believe Drew has more to do with this than Chad - Yes, but b/c of the way the CBA is set up, Drew is very good at what he does and that's not the business of making friends
Do I believe Chad will be in stripes - Yes, b/c Mike and Marvin will not cave into Drew's manuevering and Chad isn't TO.
I am curious to what is happening in the locker room, real or percieved.

this little drama will play itself out.

With the prospect of Pollack and Odell returning, two first day defensive picks, healthy RBs and LBs, my biggest worry is a freaking strike.[/quote]

well said. It sad that Chad let the media get into his head, as their "anonymous source" could very well have been made up just to push the story. Their protected from having to name their "source", the organization denies it happening, but Chad being insecure as he is, is already effected.

Archived