Antwan Odom To Visit Sunday

Antwan Odom-DL-Titans Mar. 3 - 10:22 am et

The Vikings are expected to meet with free agent DE Antwan Odom if he makes it out of Arizona on Tuesday.

Odom was in Cincinnati on Sunday and will fly to Arizona Monday night. The Vikings could use him as a replacement for LE Kenechi Udeze (leukemia).
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='639034' date='Mar 3 2008, 10:26 AM']Crable might be sitting there in the 3rd after his poor combine performance.[/quote]
?
6'4/245 4.64 40 (4th fastest time out of all outside linebackers)

The only event he participated in was the 40. I'm not sure how he looked in the positional drills but I haven't read a single negative thing about him from the combine.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='639116' date='Mar 3 2008, 11:32 AM']?

The only event he participated in was the 40. I'm not sure how he looked in the positional drills but I haven't read a single negative thing about him from the combine.[/quote]

X2

The only event he participated in was the 40. I'm not sure how he looked in the positional drills but I haven't read a single negative thing about him from the combine.[/quote]

I had heard that he looked stiff in the LB drills.

I am hoping that Erin Henderson is there when we pick in round 2...that man looked like a true athlete.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='639124' date='Mar 3 2008, 11:37 AM']I am hoping that Erin Henderson is there when we pick in round 2...that man looked like a true athlete.[/quote]

I've seen Mayo in the middle second round also lately. As it looks like we are now planning on sticking with the 4-3, I would absolutely love to grab Mayo in the second.

If we can get Odom signed, the Robertson trade completed and Pollack decides to return we should be in a great position where we do not have to reach for need if the D line guys we like aren't there. Should truly be able to go BPA in the first.

[quote name='happyrid' post='639142' date='Mar 3 2008, 11:58 AM']I've seen Mayo in the middle second round also lately. As it looks like we are now planning on sticking with the 4-3, I would absolutely love to grab Mayo in the second.

If we can get Odom signed, the Robertson trade completed and Pollack decides to return we should be in a great position where we do not have to reach for need if the D line guys we like aren't there. Should truly be able to go BPA in the first.[/quote]

I have never seen Mayo play, is there any video anywhere?

[quote]2. The Bengals today confirmed weekend visits by Titans free agent defensive end Antwan Odom and former Chargers safety Marlon McCree, who was released last week by San Diego. No word on McCree's next move, but Odom is believed to have changed his itinerary to head to Minnesota, where the Vikings wanted former Bengals end Justin Smith, who signed instead with the 49ers. Odom originally was scheduled to go to Arizona after Cincinnati.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='639207' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:31 PM'][url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url][/quote]

well looks like he'll be playing in Minnesota then. That sucks ass...reallly thought we had a shot...guess not unless we sign him before he leaves which i doubt if hes planning trips after us like that

[quote name='bengalfan_00' post='639212' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:35 PM']Vikes will throw the bank at him...[/quote]
hell yea u better believe thats why there is no chance in hell we get him if he leaves....im starting to be blown as hell just thinking about it............ANd BELIEVE me odom knows they are going to throw money at him,.,.....he's no itdiot -_-

[url="http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/SPORTS01/80303011/1027"]This article[/url] (linked to on PFT) makes it seem like he canceled his visit to Arizona and is still visiting with the Bengals today, and that he currently intends on going to Minnesota tomorrow.

[quote]The list of interested teams in defensive end Antwan Odom continues to grow.

The Titans free agent defensive end, [b]who’s visiting with the Cincinnati Bengals today[/b], now has plans to be in Minnesota to meet with the Vikings on Tuesday, according to his agent, Richard Rosa.

Odom was originally scheduled to be in Arizona Tuesday, but with another Titans free agent defensive end, Travis LaBoy, visiting the Cardinals today, Odom’s schedule appears to have been altered.

Odom is coming off a career-high eight-sack season.

With Justin Smith having jumped from Cincinnati to San Francisco as an early free agent signing, Odom and LaBoy rank at the top of the list of available defensive ends.

LaBoy has already visited the Cleveland Browns.[/quote]

So maybe the Bengals still have a chance to offer him a deal. Which is good, I think.

[quote name='top6' post='639223' date='Mar 3 2008, 01:54 PM'][url="http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/SPORTS01/80303011/1027"]This article[/url] (linked to on PFT) makes it seem like he canceled his visit to Arizona and is still visiting with the Bengals today, and that he currently intends on going to Minnesota tomorrow.

So maybe the Bengals still have a chance to offer him a deal. Which is good, I think.[/quote]

I think this article means he will be a viking come Wednesday. IF he is blowing off a trip to Arizona, he is practically in the bag for them anyway. They will definately throw more money at him, then we will.

If we land Dewayne Robertson for a 4th and 5th round pick I think that's a very nice upgrade at that position and a good pairing with Domata Peko.

But what I don't understand is this fascination with Antwan Odom. He has had 1 pretty good season out of 4. I know the market is low on DE's but damn....I would take him at a fair price but how good is this guy? Did he benefit from Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth? Is one 8 sack season reason to throw the bank at him?

League sources tell the Arizona Republic that the Cardinals are more likely to land free agent DE Travis LaBoy than Antwan Odom.
Considering their shape under the cap, the Cards will probably have to settle for the cheaper one. LaBoy would also look better in Arizona's 3-4 scheme.

This why he canceled his trip to the desert.

How much do you pay a DE that had only 21 total tackles to go with a career high 8 sacks????
What is the fascination with this guy?
Im not seeing it.....
I would think Frostee Rucker could exceed those numbers at a lesser price......
Robertson was the key........he'll help stabilize a younger line.....

Archived