Antwan Odom To Visit Sunday

[quote name='GoBengals' post='639577' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:19 PM']i think the bengals do alright in structuring, and they dont screw the players with false contracts they are never expected to pay out, but it does indeed hurt them on the market. i also agree on the FA adding draft picks but odom is no more useful than fanane if we dont get good guys around him. i hope we see 2 LB's in the first 3 rounds this year.. unless we get dual miracles in pollack and thurman[/quote]
dual miracles......not happening ....LB's in the draft and maybe a FA for help VERY LIKELY

henderson from maryland Xavier adibi from VTech....id jizzz myself

i don't know if this has been posted but its a pretty good read, he seems like he is mature and not a guy that will get in to trouble, maybe even a potential leader.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2146280"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2146280[/url]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='639577' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:19 PM']i think the bengals do alright in structuring, and they dont screw the players with false contracts they are never expected to pay out, but it does indeed hurt them on the market. i also agree on the FA adding draft picks but odom is no more useful than fanane if we dont get good guys around him. i hope we see 2 LB's in the first 3 rounds this year.. unless we get dual miracles in pollack and thurman[/quote]

As usual....WORD.

This has to be the beginning.If Marvin plans on revamping the defense,it has to be more than ODUM.He's just a professional replacement.They need two DT's and two LB's at a minimum that can contribute roght away. A couple of 700K a year guys won't be the answer.

[quote name='SF2' post='639521' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:40 PM']Why is everyone so excited about a guy who only made 21 total tackles last year? Sure I like the sacks but 21 tackles leads me to believe he is a situational player, not a three down player. Hell TJ Houshmandzadeh had 8 and Blue Adams had 15.

Basically, we just got a guy who had a lot of sacks this year playing with great players like Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch, but has done little his other 3 years.

I hope he can do the same with the awesome talent surrounding him.[/quote]

because, amidst all the negativity that's happened, it's a turn for the better for us.

[quote name='cantstop85' post='639588' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:26 PM']dual miracles......not happening ....LB's in the draft and maybe a FA for help VERY LIKELY

henderson from maryland Xavier adibi from VTech....id jizzz myself[/quote]

sounds like the warm cock in the ass and your jizzing yourself is a bit out of control. perhaps you should click on over to eharmony.com and find yourself someone special...

[quote name='Patmo' post='639590' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:27 PM']As usual....WORD.

This has to be the beginning.If Marvin plans on revamping the defense,it has to be more than ODUM.He's just a professional replacement.They need two DT's and two LB's at a minimum that can contribute roght away. A couple of 700K a year guys won't be the answer.[/quote]

well i think peko is solid, geathers is fine, and odom is ok, so a DT or DE for the near future id needed and may a bid round whichever one of those isnt chosen, but LB's gotta come early int he draft i think.

its a sad sad place..the DB area is "ok" the dline area is "ok, the lb rea is scary... once its "good" we can look to make the other two "better"...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='639598' date='Mar 4 2008, 01:34 PM']well i think peko is solid, geathers is fine, and odom is ok, so a DT or DE for the near future id needed and may a bid round whichever one of those isnt chosen, but LB's gotta come early int he draft i think.

its a sad sad place..the DB area is "ok" the dline area is "ok, the lb rea is scary... once its "good" we can look to make the other two "better"...[/quote]
We are far better than OK at DB. Hall and JonJo are going to be even better with an improved pass rush now that Bustin is gone. We need to find depth to replace Deltha at nickel next season, but so far so good.

Not to mention the new safeties who looked damn good last year. This D is not as far away from being good as some here would have us believe...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='639597' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:32 PM']sounds like the warm cock in the ass and your jizzing yourself is a bit out of control. perhaps you should click on over to eharmony.com and find yourself someone special...[/quote]
hahahahahahhah LMFAOOOOO :rofl: :rofl: the funniest shit ive heard in seems like forever....lol.......but seriously on a more serious note....henderson & adibi ....Rapeage of BROWNS ASSHOLE....now thats serious :1062: :angel2: :whistle:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='639597' date='Mar 3 2008, 09:32 PM']sounds like the warm cock in the ass and your jizzing yourself is a bit out of control. perhaps you should click on over to eharmony.com and find yourself someone special...[/quote]

HOLY CRAP

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

damn these kids nowadays.

Geez man :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Exactly. I am glad we signed Odom but that is only one piece to a 1/2 empty puzzle. We still need someone that can rush up the middle and I am not sold on our current interior lineman one bit. Opposing QBs stepped up into the pocket all day on us.

Yes a good fast LB (Odell? ) would make life a whole lot easier for the d line but the Giants showed me a great d line that doesn't need two linebackers to pressure the QB is a HUGE advantage. Yeah, I am dreaming and their d line is a rare occurance but hey, I like to dream.

I think we are in good shape in the db area considering where we have been the last 10 years. Maybe the best group in 15 years.

[quote name='SF2' post='639713' date='Mar 4 2008, 07:51 AM']Exactly. I am glad we signed Odom but that is only one piece to a 1/2 empty puzzle. We still need someone that can rush up the middle and I am not sold on our current interior lineman one bit. Opposing QBs stepped up into the pocket all day on us.

Yes a good fast LB (Odell? ) would make life a whole lot easier for the d line but the Giants showed me a great d line that doesn't need two linebackers to pressure the QB is a HUGE advantage. Yeah, I am dreaming and their d line is a rare occurance but hey, I like to dream.

I think we are in good shape in the db area considering where we have been the last 10 years. Maybe the best group in 15 years.[/quote]

I agree with what you're saying, but the Giants did rush LB's frequently, and we have plenty of pass rushing LB's.

While I'd prefer us to have a stud D-line, that's not the only way to create pressure. I have faith in Zimmer and Fitzgerald to come up with something.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='639548' date='Mar 3 2008, 08:58 PM']Odom was rated the 2nd best DE Free Agent in the NFL.
He is just hitting his prime, and has a ton of upside.

Of course though, leave it to you to still find a way to bash
on the Bengals when they do sign a top tier Free Agent . . .[/quote]

Exactly...And while this doesn't fix everything, it should actually fix our having to listen to 'The Bengals never sign a top FA'.

Well...They finally did, and it didn't make everything better. It's just another piece of the puzzle.

BZ

Archived