!!! THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ TEXANS GAME THREAD !!!

I am sick. I think it's the flu. I probably won`t be on here during the game.
So I figured I would make the game thread now. (which starts at 4:05 pm Eastern time)

:bowdown: [img]http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3585/bengals1lp5.gif[/img]:headbang:

[size=5][b]VERSUS[/b][/size]

:pissing:[img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1792/texans1wj1.gif[/img]:pointlaff:

[size=7][b][color="#FF8C00"]WHO-[/color]DEY !!!!! [/b][/size][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2104/buttheadmd4.gif[/img][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3747/beavisps5.gif[/img]

[quote name='bubba' post='717655' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:15 PM']Anybody watch Bengals Weekly ? Sounds to me like Duke might play a little linebacker today.[/quote]

Didn't watch it, but had heard whispers of a package that would get White, Dexter and Nduwke out on the field at the same time. Guess get your best players out on the field is the thought process.

I'm feeling a win today ... and if we don't I think it is going to be a while.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='717661' date='Oct 26 2008, 11:47 AM']Yeah thanks DC. We did switch so I've got to recalculate my brain to four hours behind instead of five. A[b]nyone know for sure when the US changes?
[/b]
We're late because of the change in the bye weeks for Houston after the hurricane.[/quote]

11-2-08

[quote name='VonBlade' post='717672' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:14 PM']11th of February? Seems a little late :ninja:

In other news, fuck me the #16 for the Saints just made a ludicrous catch.[/quote]

I once got into quite an argument with an ignorant bartender in London over this. I had turned 18 on 11 April, but he refused service on the grounds that it wasn't November yet. This mostly perturbed me since I had been served without inhibition by the generous barkeeps of the UK two years prior, at the ripe old age of 16. This guy was not going to be convinced, and it took another bartender, either more worldly or unwilling to turn down an extra 3 pounds of business, to set him straight and serve me a goddamn beverage.

Listening to Brad and Lap on pre game it sounds like Carson should have surgery now. They said if he rests the 8 weeks he still won't be able to cut loose on throws and that the surgery has a 6 month recovery time and that he might as well do it now and fix it correctly so he can be back for training camp.

[quote]Palmer's injury still topic
By GEOFF HOBSON
October 26, 2008
RSS
ShareThis

Updated: 3 p.m.

HOUSTON - As the Bengals warmed up for Sunday's game against the Texans here at Reliant Stadium, there was some surprise expressed about Friday's ESPN report saying that Carson Palmer is likely going to miss the rest of the year with a frayed elbow ligament that could require Tommy John surgery.

Through Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan, Palmer said that no decision has been made regarding his status for the rest of the year and that he has made no call on surgery yet.

Head coach Marvin Lewis wouldn't elaborate, but as he stood in the end zone he was standing by his own Friday statement in which he said there was a scenario in which Palmer could play this year.

For the third straight game Palmer was inactive and the No. 3 quarterback. Other injured players down Sunday were the two rookie receivers Jerome Simpson (ankle) and Andre Caldwell (foot) as well as tight end Ben Utecht (chest), cornerback Jamar Fletcher (hamstring), and linebacker Corey Mays (ankle). Also inactive, like he has all season, was rookie defensive tackle Jason Shirley as was offensive lineman Andrew Crummey, just added to the club a few days ago.[/quote]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='717682' date='Oct 26 2008, 07:34 PM'][size=1]The end of the month can't get here soon enough so I can rid myself of this damn sig![/size][/quote]

I have sigs turned off to try and keep the amount of abuse my scroll-wheel gets down to a sensible level. Anyway, having just viewed your profile to see it, who on earth did you piss off to be stuck with that abhorrent thing? My god. Dude. Just. My eyes!

Be glad this isn't us :

[quote]1-10 NO39 (5:45) D.Brees pass short right intended for B.Miller INTERCEPTED by E.Weddle at SD 49. E.Weddle to 50 for 1 yard (B.Miller). Penalty on NO-B.Miller, Offensive Pass Interference, declined. PENALTY on SD-E.Weddle, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at 50. New Orleans challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. D.Brees pass incomplete short right to B.Miller (E.Weddle). Penalty on NO-B.Miller, Offensive Pass Interference, offsetting, enforced at NO 39 - No Play. Penalty on SD-E.Weddle, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, offsetting.[/quote]

Jesus we got robbed on that spot.

Archived