How much is gas where you live?

BengalBacker

[quote name='VonBlade' post='725471' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:35 PM']Bloody good show old chap. Have you still got that shipment of tea I sent to Boston?

:whistle:[/quote]
It's in the harbor. I'm protesting my high gasoline tariffs being imposed by the Crown. Damn that old bitch, die already!

:lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='725413' date='Nov 19 2008, 02:19 PM']and probabally less than that at costco if i got a membership, but then were talking about a 12-15 minute drive to go get gass[/quote]

True, but I am noticing lately that Costco or BJ's will be cheaper and 24 hours later, Sheetz will match it.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='725612' date='Nov 20 2008, 09:55 AM']True, but I am noticing lately that Costco or BJ's will be cheaper and 24 hours later, Sheetz will match it.[/quote]

Gas wars!!! (if they are anything like the one Crown and Sheetz had a few years ago, that could be interesting)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='725644' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:35 AM']Gas wars!!! (if they are anything like the one Crown and Sheetz had a few years ago, that could be interesting)[/quote]

That would be interesting....oil dropped to under 50/barrel yesterday, and when I filled up this morning, this was the 1st time in I have no idea how long that it was under 20 bucks. Bear in mind, my car is a 13.2 gallon tank though, and I looked at the mileage and not the needle as the needle always seems to be slightly off.

DC hasn't gone under 2 bucks yet (drove Wisconsin Ave. last night).

Gas in KC, Missouri is in the 1.40's.

I started this thread a week ago, amazed that it was $1.77. I filled up tonight for $1.51. This afternoon they said on the radio there was a station in Huber Heights at $1.46.

While on the one hand, this makes me happy, on the other hand, I'm afraid it's like the people who rush out off the beach to grab the stranded fish when the ocean recedes right before a tsunami.

:closedeyes:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='726908' date='Nov 22 2008, 02:52 AM']I started this thread a week ago, amazed that it was $1.77. I filled up tonight for $1.51. This afternoon they said on the radio there was a station in Huber Heights at $1.46.

While on the one hand, this makes me happy, on the other hand, I'm afraid it's like the people who rush out off the beach to grab the stranded fish when the ocean recedes right before a tsunami.

:closedeyes:[/quote]
That's kind of my feeling as well. I suppose the slumping economy has everything to do with this, although I don't pretend to understand all the reasons. People are still driving, but likely less just because everyone's savings/retirement are more dear now.

I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop, like milk getting below $2 a gallon....I know, crazy talk, but DAMN we use a lot of milk at my house!

$1.99 here in Wussconsin.

I heard on the radio the other day, that gas was $1.46 a gallon when
Bush took over in 2000. And the radio guy said that now that Bush
and all of his buddies took everyone's money, and is about to leave,
they "let" gas prices drop back down to where they were and should
have been all along.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='727007' date='Nov 22 2008, 05:43 PM']$1.99 here in Wussconsin.

I heard on the radio the other day, that gas was $1.46 a gallon when
Bush took over in 2000. And the radio guy said that now that Bush
and all of his buddies took everyone's money, and is about to leave,
they "let" gas prices drop back down to where they were and should
have been all along.[/quote]

I thought it was Lindsey Williams, and the infamous "They" who did it. "They" are also the ones who orchestrated 9/11 and killed JFK, though I believe RFK was assasinated by "Those."

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='727429' date='Nov 24 2008, 02:58 PM']I thought it was Lindsey Williams, and the infamous "They" who did it. "They" are also the ones who orchestrated 9/11 and killed JFK, though I believe RFK was assasinated by "Those."[/quote]

GTG, that avatar cracks me up something fierce

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='731150' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:15 PM']$1.38 at Speedway on Needmore at I-75.[/quote]
Hmmm...after reaching a low of around $1.48 a couple weeks ago, prices climbed a some for the Thanksgiving weekend to about $1.75, and have settled now into a comfy $1.63-ish groove (in Western Hills).

Archived