Who's on First.....

After looking at the Injury Report - I have to wonder if the white flag is waving or is it time to hit the panic button on our hopes of ...... :panicbutton: winning?

INJURY REPORT
NOVEMBER 19, 2008

CINCINNATI BENGALS OUT FOR THURSDAY'S GAME:

WR CHATMAN
DE HENDERSON
LB HODGE
T JONES
G KOOISTRA
S NDUKWE
DE ODOM
QB PALMER
G WHITWORTH

THAT'S NINE PLAYERS TODAY - I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW BIG THAT LIST GETS THURSDAY

:SURRENDER_ _ HELL NO_ _FIGHT_ MAYBE WE CAN TAKE A FEW WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

[quote name='mhfinks' post='725443' date='Nov 19 2008, 04:13 PM']After looking at the Injury Report - I have to wonder if the white flag is waving or is it time to hit the panic button on our hopes of ...... :panicbutton: winning?

INJURY REPORT
NOVEMBER 19, 2008

CINCINNATI BENGALS OUT FOR THURSDAY'S GAME:

WR CHATMAN
DE HENDERSON
LB HODGE
T JONES
G KOOISTRA
S NDUKWE
DE ODOM
QB PALMER
G WHITWORTH

THAT'S NINE PLAYERS TODAY - I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW BIG THAT LIST GETS THURSDAY

:SURRENDER_ _ HELL NO_ _FIGHT_ MAYBE WE CAN TAKE A FEW WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11[/quote]

yeah were done.

Stick a fork in a us.

I figure our offense will suck even worse than last sunday. And the defense wont be able to do enough this time to keep us in the game.

I predict a 33-6 score.

[quote][size=5][b]Four starters out for Steelers[/b][/size]
By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • November 19, 2008

The already unenviable task of facing the top-ranked Steelers’ defense Thursday night has grown even more difficult.

The Bengals will be without four starters -- two on defense and two on offense -- and a top backup for the game Thursday night at Pittsburgh.

Starting left tackle Levi Jones (back) and left guard Andrew Whitworth (ankle) are out, so is No. 2 left guard Scott Kooistra (knee).

It appears that rookie Anthony Collins and Nate Livings will make their first NFL starts at left tackle and left guard, respectively.

With three regular offensive linemen unavailable for the game, the Bengals signed first-year NFL offensive tackle Dennis Roland off their practice squad this afternoon and placed wide receiver Antonio Chatman (spinal cord contusion) on the season-ending injured reserve list.

Roland and Andrew Crummey will be the two extra offensive linemen Thursday night behind a starting five of Collins at left tackle, Livings at left guard, Eric Ghiaciuc at center, Bobbie Williams at right guard and Stacy Andrews at right tackle.

The Bengals will have just seven offensive linemen active for the game. Neither Livings, Crummey nor Roland have played in an NFL regular-season game.

Pittsburgh has 36 sacks. Right outside linebacker James Harrison – who will face the untested Collins – will come off the left side of the offense, and LaMarr Woodley, who has 9.5 sacks, will challenge the right side of the Bengals offensive line.

Crummey is a rookie from Maryland who was a rookie free agent signed by the Redskins in May and waived Aug. 30. The Bengals claimed him off Washington's practice squad. Roland was signed to the roster today after spending time on the Bengals practice squad and previously those in Tampa Bay and Dallas.

On defense, right end Antwan Odom (shoulder) will miss his second game in a row, which limits an already weak pass rush. Safety Chinedum Ndukwe (foot) also is out. Frostee Rucker will start again in Odom's place. And Chris Crocker is expected to play in for Ndukwe.[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081119/SPT02/311190080/1066/rss07"]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2008111...0080/1066/rss07[/url]

STATUS

OUT
Carson Palmer
Antonio Chatman
Eric Henderson
Abdul Hodge
Levi Jones
Scott Kooistra
Chinedum Ndukwe
Antwan Odom
Andrew Whitworth

DOUBTFUL
Jerome Simpson

QUESTIONABLE
Johnathan Joseph

PROBABLE
Andre Caldwell
Houshmandzadeh
Reggie Kelly
Kenny Watson

[quote name='oldschooler' post='725449' date='Nov 19 2008, 04:20 PM']That`s the Final Injury Report this week.

The Bengals play Tomorrow Night ![/quote]

I MEANT - HOW THE INJURY'S WILL GROW THROUGHOUT THURSDAY NIGHTS GAME - IT SEEMS THAT OUR LIST OF INJURIES GET BIGGER AND BIGGER WHILE OTHER TEAMS SEEM TO RECOVER AND GET SMALLER AS THE SEASON GOES ON - LIKE LAST YEAR - WE LOST ALL OF OUR LB'S -

[quote name='mhfinks' post='725450' date='Nov 19 2008, 04:26 PM']I MEANT - HOW THE INJURY'S WILL GROW THROUGHOUT THURSDAY NIGHTS GAME - IT SEEMS THAT OUR LIST OF INJURIES GET BIGGER AND BIGGER WHILE OTHER TEAMS SEEM TO RECOVER AND GET SMALLER AS THE SEASON GOES ON - LIKE LAST YEAR - WE LOST ALL OF OUR LB'S -[/quote]

WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[quote name='mhfinks' post='725450' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:26 PM']I MEANT - HOW THE INJURY'S WILL GROW THROUGHOUT THURSDAY NIGHTS GAME - IT SEEMS THAT OUR LIST OF INJURIES GET BIGGER AND BIGGER WHILE OTHER TEAMS SEEM TO RECOVER AND GET SMALLER AS THE SEASON GOES ON - LIKE LAST YEAR - WE LOST ALL OF OUR LB'S -[/quote]

Oh. I see.

:weaksauce: <===== Bengals

But why are you yelling at me? :huh2:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='725451' date='Nov 19 2008, 03:32 PM']WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU![/quote]

HAHAHAHA

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='725463' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:14 PM']Holy fuck, I didn't know Kooistra was out too.

Jesus H Christ.

So Collins starts at tackle, who then takes over at LG, and then who is first off the bench?[/quote]

Almost feel bad for an Anthony Collins who will get a face full of James Harrison (12.0 sacks), who has been virtually unblockable all year.

Tall task for the rook. Welcome to the league, son.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='725463' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:14 PM']Holy fuck, I didn't know Kooistra was out too.

Jesus H Christ.

So Collins starts at tackle, who then takes over at LG, and then who is first off the bench?[/quote]

The line will probably look like this: Collins, Livings, Ghiaciuc, Wililams, Andrews

Andrew Crummey and the recently signed Dennis Roland are the only healthy backups.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='725475' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:49 PM']the bengals just signed an ex bearcat on Monday. [b]they said when he got the call he was Krogering[/b] :lmao: he got the call at 4 and he was on the practice field by 5:30 :anticipate:[/quote]

Classic

[quote]This is how fast it happens in the NFL. The newest Bengal, guard Digger Bujnoch, got the call Monday about 2:30 p.m. while he was [b]Krogering[/b] on Mitchell Avenue near the University of Cincinnati campus. He was at Paul Brown Stadium by 3 p.m. and in meetings by 4:30 p.m. as a member of the practice squad.

By the time he walked on the PBS turf for the third time in his life at an early evening walkthrough, he hadn't had time to call his parents yet and they heard the news from a reporter.

"It just got so busy so quick that I wasn't so sure what was happening and I didn't have time, either," Bujnoch said before practice Tuesday.

Since his dad Glenn played guard for the Bengals 30 years ago and his son has played virtually all of his football in Cincinnati Elder High School and UC, Digger said he got a thrill when he saw his name on a locker.

"It's been a dream of mine to play in Cincinnati because I've always played here," he said. "I'm 2-0 here."

Elder beat Colerain and Wayne at PBS during his playing days. Signed as a free agent left tackle out of UC by the Giants back in the spring and cut just before the season started, Bujnoch said he's been told the Bengals are looking at him as a guard first.

"Wherever they want me. I'm just trying to get settled. It's been a whirlwind," he said.[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7300"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7300[/url]

Archived