Next best thing to attending a Bengals win

Being in the building when The Steelers get shut down..
Just got home from The Titans 31-14 win over Shittsburgh. It was dandy watching Big Jen get knocked around by TN's [i]backups[/i] on the DL.
That "terrible towel" nonsense being talked about was actually TN players' response to visiting Shitsburgh fans' assholery.
What a bunch of choads those people are.
Must've been 60% Steelers fans in attendance. Long ride home..

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='734320' date='Dec 21 2008, 08:04 PM']Being in the building when The Steelers get shut down..
Just got home from The Titans 31-14 win over Shittsburgh. It was dandy watching Big Jen get knocked around by TN's [i]backups[/i] on the DL.
That "terrible towel" nonsense being talked about was actually TN players' response to visiting Shitsburgh fans' assholery.
What a bunch of choads those people are.
Must've been 60% Steelers fans in attendance. Long ride home..[/quote]

It's funny... the only two that make any issue are Bill Cowher and Terry Bradshaw... surprise, surprise. And, it was Cowher who was almost frothing at the mouth about it on the set.

Boomer calls him out about his "We Dey!" bullshit - pretty funny.

All this over a gawddamn towel...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='734355' date='Dec 21 2008, 10:46 PM']It's funny... the only two that make any issue are Bill Cowher and Terry Bradshaw... surprise, surprise. And, it was Cowher who was almost frothing at the mouth about it on the set.

[b]Boomer calls him out about his "We Dey!" bullshit - pretty funny.[/b]

All this over a gawddamn towel...[/quote]

Unfortunately I missed that. What did Cowhead say about that?

[quote name='Jason' post='734386' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:45 AM']Unfortunately I missed that. What did Cowhead say about that?[/quote]

...I just caught the tail end of this and was only half paying attention, but I think Cowher's reply was something about how TJ shined his shoes with a Terrible Towel (like that justified the "We dey" crap).

What a great week of football.

The Dallas crybabies get taken down by the Ravens (although I don't care for the Ravens). Anytime TO is part of a team meltdown, I am happy.

The Browns lay down and die as we basically run all over them. BTW, I thought the brain trust in Cleveland had created some kind of all world offensive line? Where did that go?

The Pissburgh Steelers got owned by the Titans and Cowterd got his feelings hurt when some players stepped on a 9" x 12" piece of piss colored cloth.

The Saints kept the dream alive for the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs by crushing the Detroit kitty cats.

The Eagles once again choked in a big game as the most overrated player in football, Donovan McGagg missed wide open receivers, didn't read the defense and basically looked lost out there.

And last but not least, the Messiah, Brett Favre once again laid an egg and reminded all of the Green Bay fans why they had to move on and get Rodgers up to speed. Rodgers will be much better next year just as Carson was much better after his first full season playing. The Jets on the other hand will have an old washed up QB who is more myth than reality at this point in his career. He reminds me of Joe Montana's final days with KC. Every once in awhile you would see flashes of the old Montana but usually, he looked old and slow. I just hope we can have one more tearful "This is it" speech and he can get back to doing Wrangler commercials.

[quote name='Jason' post='734386' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:45 AM']Unfortunately I missed that. What did Cowhead say about that?[/quote]

[quote name='Cricket' post='734417' date='Dec 22 2008, 11:43 AM']...I just caught the tail end of this and was only half paying attention, but I think Cowher's reply was something about how TJ shined his shoes with a Terrible Towel (like that justified the "We dey" crap).[/quote]

Cricket pretty much hit it. It was funny because all 3 of the other guys were kind of laughing at Cowher because it was hilarious him stumbling over his words... you could tell he was pissed about LenDale stomping on the towel.

But, after Boomer said that Cowher did said "Well, I recall an incident where TJ was shining his shoes with the towel..." and stuff. It was just funny because Cowher gets all bent because of a stupid as towel and then justifies him, as a coach, doing the same type of stuff in retribution... you could tell he was trying to maintain his composure with the whole thing but you could also tell he was pissed.

Hilarious. It is a freakin towel.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='734435' date='Dec 22 2008, 11:25 AM']Cricket pretty much hit it. It was funny because all 3 of the other guys were kind of laughing at Cowher because it was hilarious him stumbling over his words... you could tell he was pissed about LenDale stomping on the towel.

But, after Boomer said that Cowher did said "Well, I recall an incident where TJ was shining his shoes with the towel..." and stuff. It was just funny because Cowher gets all bent because of a stupid as towel and then justifies him, as a coach, doing the same type of stuff in retribution... you could tell he was trying to maintain his composure with the whole thing but you could also tell he was pissed.

Hilarious. [color="#FF0000"] It is a freakin towel.[/color][/quote]

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/towelianism/1131519160towelie.JPG[/img]

[size=5]You're a towel!!![/size]

This is from a Pittsburgh TV station . . .

[quote][size=5][b]Fate Not Good For Steelers' Opponents Who Desecrate Terrible Towel[/b][/size]
Monday, December 22, 2008 – updated: 3:42 pm EST December 22, 2008

PITTSBURGH -- The Tennessee Titans’ post-game stomping of the Terrible Towel was not the first time a Steelers’ opponent disrespected the team.

Just before the Steelers’ Super Bowl run of 2005, the Bengals' TJ Houshmandzadeh wiped his feet with one.

After TJ shined his shoes, the Steelers shoved his foot into his own mouth.

Look at what's happened to the Bengals since that incident.

The next time the teams met was in the playoffs. It wasn't karma, but Kimo that did the Bengals in.

Kimo Von Oehlhoffen rolled onto QB Carson Palmer, tearing his ACL.

The Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl.

And the Bengals can't seem to stay out of trouble.

There have been ten Bengals arrests since the shoe-polishing; five for Chris Henry alone.

And the Bengals returned to their days of being the ‘B-u-n-gl-e-s.’

Their record is 18-28-1. That includes a 1-6 record against the Steelers.[/quote]

[url="http://www.wpxi.com/sports/18337057/detail.html#-"]http://www.wpxi.com/sports/18337057/detail.html#-[/url]

[quote][size=5][b]Fisher unfazed but Cowher irked by Terrible Towel stomp[/b][/size]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 22, 2008, 6:49 PM ET

Long after Tennessee dismantled Pittsburgh to clinch the top seed in the AFC, Titans coach Jeff Fisher finally saw the tape of players LenDale White and Keith Bulluck stomping on the Steelers' signature symbol, the Terrible Towel.

Fisher didn't see any news value in the antic, but it hit a nerve in one former Steelers coach.

"Why would it be a big deal? That if we play [the Steelers] again, they'll play harder? I don't think so," Fisher told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. "They always play hard.

"I mean, I know we weren't happy to have 10,000 people in our stadium waving those yellow towels. It's a tremendous commentary on the great fan base the Steelers have, but I'm sure our guys didn't like it. They're a good football team. They have our respect, and I'm sure we have their respect. But this isn't a big deal to me."

Not for Bill Cowher. A CBS-TV studio analyst since resigning as Steelers coach nearly two years ago, Cowher became animated on the air while watching Bulluck and White trample the towel after Tennessee's 31-14 victory in Nashville clinched the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

"No disrespect to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization or the players on that team," Bulluck said Monday on "ESPN First Take," referring to the towel stomp. "It's not anything personal or disrespectful. It's just the attitude you've got to take" in a game of such magnitude.

The moment produced a flashback for Cowher, who was well known for his competitiveness and respect-the-game mentality while coaching Pittsburgh from 1992 to 2006.

"That looks like a pregame talk the night before to me," Cowher said, his eyes lighting up and his voice rising. "If [we'd] meet in the postseason, I know what I'm pulling out the night before the game."

Cowher admonished White by saying, "You've got to learn. ... I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't go there," and said Bulluck should know better because "you are a veteran, Bulluck."

Cowher's implied message to the Titans: There's a way to win in the NFL and that wasn't it, and you might regret the sideshow should the Steelers return to Nashville for the AFC Championship Game in four weeks.

The Titans' lack of respect for the Steelers' symbol almost seemed enough to motivate Cowher to return to the sideline, if only for one game. Almost.

"I don't care, I don't care. ... That's just our stand," Bulluck said. "Anybody that's going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out."

Still, Cowher emphasized, "It's one game, it's one game," and the Titans' victory will have no effect should the teams stage a rematch.

Cowher was speaking from experience.

Three years ago, Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh wiped his shoes with a Terrible Towel after Cincinnati won 38-31 in Pittsburgh in early December to all but clinch the AFC North. When the teams met again a month later in Cincinnati, the Steelers -- motivated by Houshmandzadeh's shoe-wiping display -- won 31-17 for the first of their three conference road playoff wins that led to the Super Bowl.

Afterward, a revved-up Cowher was caught by NFL Films mocking the Bengals' "Who Dey" chant in the locker room by yelling, "We Dey, We Dey, We Dey!"[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3787880"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3787880[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='734784' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:19 AM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3787880"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3787880[/url][/quote]

Cowher is such a punk ass Bitch. Ohhhhh!!!! They stomped on my towel. That should help them be motivated if they met in the AFC Championship. Sorry, but I think it wouldn't help motivate them much more then the super bowl chance. Maybe he should take his pathetic towel, wipe his ass with it, and then munch on it for dinner.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='734793' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:20 PM']Cowher is such a punk ass Bitch. Ohhhhh!!!! They stomped on my towel. That should help them be motivated if they met in the AFC Championship. Sorry, but I think it wouldn't help motivate them much more then the super bowl chance. Maybe he should take his pathetic towel, wipe his ass with it, and then munch on it for dinner.[/quote]

I wish he was our coach.

[quote name='SF2' post='734420' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:54 AM']....I just hope we can have one more tearful "This is it" speech and he can get back to doing Wrangler commercials.[/quote]

I'd be comfortable with that. (Dun dun dun dun dun duh) Real comfortable.

Archived