What I know I think I know...

I make hints and guesses at things based on what i can gather from people i come across or know. i run into a player or two a month at work, and just ask general stuff, cause no one wants to talk to someone hounding for info or gossip.

I am slightly surprised Levi is on the trade block (which he is) i posted when i spoke with him a few weeks back, he wanted to go, but i didnt think we would risk losing, at minimum, a veteran backup of that caliber, even if hurt.

Levi should be dealt by April first or he wont be dealt at all. If healthy he will stay unhappily one more season. if not, he will be release around camptime. I think we want a 3rd for him at this point still, he has years left, etc. we MAY take a 4th. but i think a 3rd is what we may demand.

Chad is gone. The guy was almost dealt, to the last SECOND, i watch the redskins and bengals talking at the draft with my eyes, it was SECONDS away.... we wont be skipping on any deal this offseason.. and we will get roughly twice the deal most people think. Last year, we almost had, 2008(first and 2nd) 2009(first) and antwan randle el...(roughly). we will get good value, he had one bad year with an injured shoulder and no quarterback.. GM's and owners are smart and know his value... i assume we have been low balled like crazy so far this offseason.

it seems clear he was told to shut the fuck up for 2008 and we agreed to deal him if so. there is NO other explanation for him shutting his mouth.

just mark ocho asshole off the roster....as far as im concerned.

a free agent center or fullback are on the radar...from the rumors, visits and info i hear...

the center isnt on any free agnet list of centers, nor on a RFA center list. but is a RFA center. a sneaky one....

i think we would love to grab a FB in FA.. if we can get a comp 3rd rounder and a 3rd for levi, we can deal one of the 3rds for a FB thats restricted, or a 3rd for a C whos restricted..

april 10th-15th is probably the deadline for much of this to happen unless a chad deal comes down to a draft hour decision/deal.

with healthy and a few picks and 2-ish FA's we could inprove the talent at 80% of the positions on both sides of the ball

for the OLINE.. i predict one of two scenarios..

COLLINS - LIVINGS - C(either pick or FA) - WILLIAMS - WHITWORTH

COLLINS - WHITWORTH - SAME AS ABOVE - WILLIAMS - DRAFT PICK

with the top one, we can draft a high linemen again next year or a project type freak like andrews this year somewhere....

just my thoughts and expectations...

It would be nice if we could trade Chad for more than a first but who would give us that much for him? Washington took 2 WRs in the 2nd round last year. Dallas doesn't have a first rounder. Philly might be a candidate but they need O-line help more than another receiver.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756576' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:31 PM']CHAD AINT GOING NO WHERE! i'll make a personell bet with you Ryan!

and it is safe to say that Andrews was a FAILED EXPERIMENT![/quote]

andrews jsut signed a 30 mil deal with the eagles 5 seconds after being a free agent.. the only downside was him wanting to play with his brother.. he is a badass freak... the most successful experiment ever...

the only reason chad is being quiet is because he is being shopped, thus happy. ill wager with you if you wish.. just let me know what you want to give me.

[quote name='sparky151' post='756577' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:31 PM']It would be nice if we could trade Chad for more than a first but who would give us that much for him? Washington took 2 WRs in the 2nd round last year. Dallas doesn't have a first rounder. Philly might be a candidate but they need O-line help more than another receiver.[/quote]

i doubt we get more than a first.. probably a first or a 2nd and 3rd, or 2 2nds... but people are saying we would be lucky to get a 3rd, stuff like that..

we declined the 1st and conditional 3rd/1st deal... so something similar roughly, wouldnt be surprising.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756571' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:19 PM']i think we would love to grab a FB in FA.. if we can get a comp 3rd rounder and a 3rd for levi, [b]we can deal one of the 3rds for a FB thats restricted[/b], or a 3rd for a C whos restricted..[/quote]

none of the FA FB's we've looked at (that have been reported) would require compensation.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756571' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:19 PM']I make hints and guesses at things based on what i can gather from people i come across or know. i run into a player or two a month at work, and just ask general stuff, cause no one wants to talk to someone hounding for info or gossip.

I am slightly surprised Levi is on the trade block (which he is) i posted when i spoke with him a few weeks back, he wanted to go, but i didnt think we would risk losing, at minimum, a veteran backup of that caliber, even if hurt.

Levi should be dealt by April first or he wont be dealt at all. If healthy he will stay unhappily one more season. if not, he will be release around camptime. I think we want a 3rd for him at this point still, he has years left, etc. we MAY take a 4th. but i think a 3rd is what we may demand.

Chad is gone. The guy was almost dealt, to the last SECOND, i watch the redskins and bengals talking at the draft with my eyes, it was SECONDS away.... we wont be skipping on any deal this offseason.. and we will get roughly twice the deal most people think. Last year, we almost had, 2008(first and 2nd) 2009(first) and antwan randle el...(roughly). we will get good value, he had one bad year with an injured shoulder and no quarterback.. GM's and owners are smart and know his value... i assume we have been low balled like crazy so far this offseason.

it seems clear he was told to shut the fuck up for 2008 and we agreed to deal him if so. there is NO other explanation for him shutting his mouth.

just mark ocho asshole off the roster....as far as im concerned.

a free agent center or fullback are on the radar...from the rumors, visits and info i hear...

[b]the center isnt on any free agnet list of centers, nor on a RFA center list. but is a RFA center. a sneaky one....[/b]

i think we would love to grab a FB in FA.. if we can get a comp 3rd rounder and a 3rd for levi, we can deal one of the 3rds for a FB thats restricted, or a 3rd for a C whos restricted..

april 10th-15th is probably the deadline for much of this to happen unless a chad deal comes down to a draft hour decision/deal.

with healthy and a few picks and 2-ish FA's we could inprove the talent at 80% of the positions on both sides of the ball

for the OLINE.. i predict one of two scenarios..

COLLINS - LIVINGS - C(either pick or FA) - WILLIAMS - WHITWORTH

COLLINS - WHITWORTH - SAME AS ABOVE - WILLIAMS - DRAFT PICK

with the top one, we can draft a high linemen again next year or a project type freak like andrews this year somewhere....

just my thoughts and expectations...[/quote]
My guess is a RFA Guard with Center experience...[u]I'd [/u]prefer one of the C's in the draft, but [u]ML and company [/u]got a really good look at all the Cs in the senior bowl and if they think we can upgrade without getting one of them, I'm all for it. Frees up another pick for whoever unexpectedly falls out of the first round.

I think the OL combinations are correct too unless J. Smith or Monroe falls to us, they'd probably not pass on either, though I'd prefer them too.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756576' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:31 PM']CHAD AINT GOING NO WHERE! i'll make a personell bet with you Ryan!

and it is safe to say that Andrews was a FAILED EXPERIMENT![/quote]

Wrong and wrong again Rumble.

Chad is gone.

Andrews wasnt a failed experiment or else he wouldnt have received a 7 mil dollar per year contract. We obviously arent the only team that sees his talent. Getting the amount of starts out of him as we did as a 4th rounder I believe makes him a fairly successful experiment. Did it work out in the long run for us? No. But you cant say it was a failed experiment in my opinion.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756579' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:39 PM']the only reason chad is being quiet is because he is being shopped, thus happy. ill wager with you if you wish.. [b]just let me know what you want to give me.[/b][/quote]

:lol:

But seriously...to those that have been here longer than me, how accurate would you say Go's predictions like this are, because I'm gettin real excited thinking about dumping CJ for picks and I don't wanna be disappointed?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='756582' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:42 PM']Wrong and wrong again Rumble.

[b]Chad is gone.[/b]

Andrews wasnt a failed experiment or else he wouldnt have received a 7 mil dollar per year contract. We obviously arent the only team that sees his talent. Getting the amount of starts out of him as we did as a 4th rounder I believe makes him a fairly successful experiment. Did it work out in the long run for us? No. But you cant say it was a failed experiment in my opinion.[/quote]

If Chad goes you can pretty much chalk up Crabtree as our pick at 6.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='756587' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:48 PM']If Chad goes you can pretty much chalk up Crabtree as our pick at 6.[/quote]

that doesnt make sense...

we just drafted 2 WR, signed one, and have henry who is badass-est. doubt we take crabtree... unless we DO get a first for chad.. then its possible.

Marvin said that we drafted TJ's replacement last year, which means Coles is probably Chads replacement.

We shouldnt draft a WR in the first two rounds, I would be more than comfortable with Coles, Henry, Simpson, and Caldwell.

I wouldnt be pissed with drafting Crabtree, but I would be much happier if we spent the pick building the Oline or LB.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='756591' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:54 PM']Marvin said that we drafted TJ's replacement last year, which means Coles is probably Chads replacement.

We shouldnt draft a WR in the first two rounds, I would be more than comfortable with Coles, Henry, Simpson, and Caldwell.

[b]I wouldnt be pissed with drafting Crabtree, but I would be much happier if we spent the pick building the Oline or LB.[/b][/quote]

I would. If you're going to go WR in Round 1, at least go with Maclin and completely change the face of your special teams unit.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='756584' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:45 PM']:lol:

But seriously...to those that have been here longer than me, how accurate would you say Go's predictions like this are, because I'm gettin real excited thinking about dumping CJ for picks and I don't wanna be disappointed?[/quote]

hmm, i kinda wonder too, i know im right far more than wrong..but im sure someone can shed some light on overall accuracy..

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='756590' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:54 PM']i'll bet you a lunch of choice. if i lose, i'll even bring it to you thats if Chad gets traded :D

another thing is, Chad was told last year that if he kept his mouth shut that the front office
would consider relooking at his contract and a possible raise.[/quote]

deal. and people say lots of things... especially out loud to the media......

the list of people who ever want to deal with chad again on this team anfd in the office can probably be tallied on one hand, i would guess....

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='756591' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:54 PM']Marvin said that we drafted TJ's replacement last year, which means Coles is probably Chads replacement.

I wouldnt be pissed with drafting Crabtree, but I would be [b]much happier if we spent the pick building the Oline or LB.[/b][/quote]

much agreed. i think carson can make due quite well with the talent we have at wr...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='756593' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:07 PM']I would. If you're going to go WR in Round 1, at least go with Maclin and completely change the face of your special teams unit.[/quote]

all this WR talk makes me want some linebackers pretty badly..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756588' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:49 PM']that doesnt make sense...

we just drafted 2 WR, signed one, and have henry who is badass-est. doubt we take crabtree... unless we DO get a first for chad.. then its possible.[/quote]

I think we do better for chad than you think... Chad trade happens on draft day to either KC or Seattle - We give up Chad and a 3rd. We end up with TWO great picks at number one - OL OL OL

[quote name='mhfinks' post='756598' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:24 PM']I think we do better for chad than you think... Chad trade happens on draft day to either KC or Seattle - We give up Chad and a 3rd. We end up with TWO great picks at number one - OL OL OL[/quote]

i think his value is still high.. so i agree.. worst case, we do good, best case we do awesome..

[quote]the center isnt on any free agnet list of centers, nor on a RFA center list. but is a RFA center. a sneaky one....[/quote]

Kinda cryptic, but it sounds like you're referring to Richie Incognito to me. Didn't they have an article up on bengals.com where Alexander talked about how great a run blocker he was? Plus, the Rams picked up OC Jason Brown from the Ravens and could move guys around to cover for Richie's departure or simply draft another guy to replace him. With all of that and knowing they have been pissed at Richie, he seems like the most obvious Guard/Center RFA that you'd be referring to. His cost via RFA happens to be a 3rd round pick but IMHO, the Rams might unload him for our 4th rounder as the draft gets closer.

On top of all of that..... going the route of a conspiracy theorist... you said he was a "sneaky one". One of the definitions of the word "incognito" is:

–adjective
1. having one's identity concealed, as under an assumed name, esp. to avoid notice or formal attentions.

Someone concealing their identity is being "sneaky" so to speak.

I'm bored at work right now, but I'd have to give you mad props if you put that much thinking in the statement about the center.

I agree with you about Chad too. I think he's gone and we'll probably get the equivalent of two 2nd round picks for him. If it were for this years draft, Miami, New England, and the New York Giants all have two 2nd round picks. Miami has crap other than Ginn and might not want to wait on a developing rookie receiver. The Giants have the Plaxico mess and are built to win NOW, so they might be interested in going with an established receiver. I can't imagine the Pats being interested, but who knows what they'll want / need by the time the draft arrives. All three of those teams could deal with his personality in and out of the locker room.

That's all a bit of wishfull thinking though, but I do think he's gone.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756599' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:29 PM']i think his value is still high.. so i agree.. worst case, we do good, best case we do awesome..[/quote]

I think KC would be the best trade - they need someone for Cassle to toss the ball too. We are ready to let our rookie's loose - the articles about picking up Cole and not trusting the young guns was stupid. I think we brought cole in to work with the rookies, get production and dump chad. KC wouldn't turn him down with a 3rd. I think Marvin knows this year he must turn it around and I think they are ready to finally let him do it. Trade chad to KC for the 4th overall pick, and a 3rd - Levi may be the 3rd we are looking for. It would be worth it. Could you imagine picking up say Monroe and Smith - it would never happen but a Bengal dream come true. I think we can get value for chad - If we don't get a number one for him - i don't think he will go anywhere.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='756588' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:49 PM']that doesnt make sense...

we just drafted 2 WR, signed one, and have henry who is badass-est. doubt we take crabtree... unless we DO get a first for chad.. then its possible.[/quote]

well, there's always that BPA mindset that looms large in the way marvin's prefers to draft. IF you believe in that, crabtree will be the highest rated player on the board.

[quote name='mhfinks' post='756603' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:37 PM']I think KC would be the best trade - they need someone for Cassle to toss the ball too. We are ready to let our rookie's loose - the articles about picking up Cole and not trusting the young guns was stupid. I think we brought cole in to work with the rookies, get production and dump chad. KC wouldn't turn him down with a 3rd. I think Marvin knows this year he must turn it around and I think they are ready to finally let him do it. Trade chad to KC for the 4th overall pick, and a 3rd - Levi may be the 3rd we are looking for. It would be worth it. Could you imagine picking up say Monroe and Smith - it would never happen but a Bengal dream come true. I think we can get value for chad - If we don't get a number one for him - i don't think he will go anywhere.[/quote]
Dewayne Bowe is pretty effin' good, actually. I'm not so sure Chad would be a slam-dunk there.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='756605' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:39 PM']Dewayne Bowe is pretty effin' good, actually. I'm not so sure Chad would be a slam-dunk there.[/quote]

It would make me worry about playing KC next year with Bowe and Chad at WR - the KC run game combined with the ability to stretch the field.... I think it would be tempting at least.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='756605' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:39 PM']Dewayne Bowe is pretty effin' good, actually. I'm not so sure Chad would be a slam-dunk there.[/quote]

Dwayne Bowe is a good wr and Tony G is still very solid so I would say KC is a no go and there definitely not giving up #3 pick for Chadwick.

Tennessee?
Redskins?
Seattle?

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='756584' date='Mar 17 2009, 01:45 PM']:lol:

But seriously...to those that have been here longer than me, how accurate would you say Go's predictions like this are, because I'm gettin real excited thinking about dumping CJ for picks and I don't wanna be disappointed?[/quote]

Go may not always be right as far as what the team eventually does, but his information is usually solid.

[quote name='mhfinks' post='756603' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:37 PM']Trade chad to KC for the 4th overall pick, and a 3rd - Levi may be the 3rd we are looking for. It would be worth it. Could you imagine picking up say Monroe and Smith - it would never happen but a Bengal dream come true. I think we can get value for chad - If we don't get a number one for him - i don't think he will go anywhere.[/quote]

not to nitpick, but KC owns the THIRD overall pick. i'd bet marvin/zim/fitz would love a shot at curry. not that taking either of the OLT's would be a bad thing, but i'm thinking they'll both be gone. on the flip side, i can't see mike wanting to dole out 2 top 6 contracts to rookies, even if he'd be unloading chad's salary. he'd have to have a trade down offer in hand for that #6 pick, were that to happen...not that that's such a bad thing, either.

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='756608' date='Mar 17 2009, 02:49 PM']Dwayne Bowe is a good wr and Tony G is still very solid so I would say KC is a no go and there definitely not giving up #3 pick for Chadwick.

Tennessee?
Redskins?
Seattle?[/quote]
read it again. he said chad plus a 3rd for KC's #3 overall.

Archived