*UPDATE* Eagles offering 2nd, 5th round picks and Reggie Brown for Chad?

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760105' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:59 PM'][img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/clubimages/articles/2009/palmer090330_440.JPG[/img]

Looks like a lot of high-intensity football going on at those workouts! Man...Chad should be joining his mates for these critical sessions of running around in worn-out sweatpants and playing catch.

They all should be there...they'll get too far behind![/quote]

yea I'm sure he doesn't need to be in those meetings, learning all the changes they made to the playbook.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='760081' date='Mar 31 2009, 04:37 PM']Can voluntary camp be helpful? Yeah I'm sure it can. But does it directly relate to the kind of season you have on the field? Hell no it doesn't. Especially for a player like Chad when all you do is come out, jog a few routes and workout. Something you can do any place in the country at this point in the offseason.

[b]I think Carson is acting like just as much a school girl as Chad here pouting about Chad not calling him back or showing up or whatever[/b]. Why even take the shot at Chad about having players to replace him because he's working out somewhere else instead of some place that's VOLUNTARY? Sounds like a leader to me taking shots at your other teammates. Why should Carson continually get a free pass?

I think these two put on a facade their whole time here together to begin with. Two totally different personatilities.[/quote]

Seriously, I mean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='760124' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:50 PM']yea I'm sure he doesn't need to be in those meetings, learning all the changes they made to the playbook.[/quote]

I'm sure in March...Bratkowski has all of those NFL-wowing plays we've come to expect over the years, hatched and ready for implementation.

Who else missed this magnanimous gathering today?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='760121' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:44 PM']Again, Carson just had twins, and he is there.

So are numerous other vets.

I really don't care what he is doing.
I care that he isn't with his team mates.

[color="#FF0000"]There are some players that aren't there, but they never
went on some "trade me" tirade.[/color] And they didn't publicly
say they would be at all team functions, Chad did. Chad had
the worst season of his career, since he rookie year. He was
injured last season too. He was always at the voluntary stuff
until he hired Rosenhaus, and became Ochocinco. He needs
to get back to the kind of person he was, or he needs to be gone.[/quote]

Come on Old, that's really what this is about isnt it?

If not why arent you bitching that Shayne hasnt signed his tender and reported? or the other players that havent reported?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='760147' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:57 PM']Come on Old, that's really what this is about isnt it?

If not why arent you bitching that Shayne hasnt signed his tender and reported? or the other players that havent reported?[/quote]

I don't think Shayne has to work on his game.
I don't think Shayne has to work on rhythm
and chemistry like Chad does. I also didn't hear
Shayne saying that he was going to be here, on
National TV, like Chad. Really, do you believe that
the two really compare? Or that Chad compares
with Ndukwe, who is attending classes, or Dhani?
Chad has made a rift, Chad needs to fix it. Chad
had an awful season. Chad needs to work on rebounding.
Chad needs to show his team mates, and some fans that
he is dedicated to turning things around. Shayne doesn't.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='760151' date='Mar 31 2009, 10:04 PM']I don't think Shayne has to work on his game.
I don't think Shayne has to work on rhythm
and chemistry like Chad does. I also didn't hear
Shayne saying that he was going to be here, on
National TV, like Chad. Really, do you believe that
the two really compare? Or that Chad compares
with Ndukwe, who is attending classes, or Dhani?
Chad has made a rift, Chad needs to fix it. Chad
had an awful season. Chad needs to work on rebounding.
Chad needs to show his team mates, and some fans that
he is dedicated to turning things around. Shayne doesn't.[/quote]

Chad doesn't have to fix anything. Chad had an badly injured shoulder...played on it anyway. Chad had 500 yards, trying to catch balls from a junior high-armed nothing with no running game and a bad line. Chad was here...trying to play under a nitwit OC...did I mention with a severely injured shoulder?

No Chad just needs to get on the fucking field healthy in September. Then he will proceed to blow the doors off of all the league. Write it down.

And how much "rhythm" can one muster playing catch in sweatpants in March?

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760160' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:19 PM']Chad doesn't have to fix anything. Chad had an badly injured shoulder...played on it anyway. Chad had 500 yards, trying to catch balls from a junior high-armed nothing with no running game and a bad line. Chad was here...trying to play under a nitwit OC...did I mention with a severely injured shoulder?[/quote]

Funny that you bash on Brat and Simpson.
But give Chad a pass. At least they are trying
to make things better.

And it was so injured that he didn't have surgery, didn't miss a regular season
game, and didn't wear a brace. It was injured, but let's not use it as a crutch.

[quote]No Chad just needs to get on the fucking field healthy in September. Then he will proceed to blow the doors off of all the league. Write it down.[/quote]

No, Chad needs to show that he is dedicated, and put in the work
that Chad Johnson used to. And drop the Ochocinco bullshit.

And yeah, he will blow their doors off, like he did in 2007.
When he got the majority of his stats in 4 games.

[quote]And how much "rhythm" can one muster playing catch in sweatpants in March?[/quote]

Alot more than if they weren't working on it at all.
If it is important enough for Carson, Benson, Coles and a host
of others to be there, don't you think it is equally as important
for Chad to shut up his critics, stop being a distraction, actually
try and better his game, and the younger WRs game, and work
on turning this shit around?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='760166' date='Mar 31 2009, 10:32 PM']Funny that you bash on Brat and Simpson.
But give Chad a pass. At least they are trying
to make things better.

And it was so injured that he didn't have surgery, didn't miss a regular season
game, and didn't wear a brace. It was injured, but let's not use it as a crutch.

No, Chad needs to show that he is dedicated, and put in the work
that Chad Johnson used to. And drop the Ochocinco bullshit.

And yeah, he will blow their doors off, like he did in 2007.
When he got the majority of his stats in 4 games.

Alot more than if they weren't working on it at all.
If it is important enough for Carson, Benson, Coles and a host
of others to be there, don't you think it is equally as important
for Chad to shut up his critics, stop being a distraction, actually
try and better his game, and the younger WRs game, and work
on turning this shit around?[/quote]

Fair enough. At least you are aiming at where you think the solution needs to be...instead of thinking that trade-the-offender is the only righteous thing to do...as if the violation of not showing up in March to run around in sweatpants and play catch was too great a sin to forgive. As it is, I would agree in principle with your thoughts here.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='760171' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:44 PM']See that's what all this is about, it's not about missing workouts or his contract status, its about "Ocho cinco"...it's because he's "Too Hollywood"[/quote]

If your definition of "too Hollywood" is a greedy bastard,
that is more worried about money than winning, yes.
He is "too Hollywood".

Everything stemmed from hiring Rosenhaus, becoming
a character, and wanting more money.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760174' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:47 PM']Fair enough. At least you are aiming at where you think the solution needs to be...instead of thinking that trade-the-offender is the only righteous thing to do...as if the violation of not showing up in March to run around in sweatpants and play catch was too great a sin to forgive. As it is, I would agree in principle with your thoughts here.[/quote]

You know why Chad missing these workouts are an issue?
Because Chad made it an issue. Seriously,
if he hadn't been "too Hollywood" then it wouldn't
have mattered much if he was absent and working
out in LA with Charles Collins. But he made it an
issue, and made it a team issue, because he is
money hungry.

I grew to love the fun loving, hard working, sleeping
at the stadium Chad Johnson. I have equally grown to
hate the whining, lackadasical, more worried about
writting a book than throwing a block, "underpaid"
Ochocinco.

He use to think this voluntary stuff was important,
once upon a time ago. I think it is even more important
to him now, than it was then. In a lot more ways than then too.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='760188' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:20 PM']If your definition of "too Hollywood" is a greedy bastard,
that is more worried about money than winning, yes.
He is "too Hollywood".

Everything stemmed from hiring Rosenhaus, becoming
a character, and wanting more money.

You know why Chad missing these workouts are an issue?
Because Chad made it an issue. Seriously,
if he hadn't been "too Hollywood" then it wouldn't
have mattered much if he was absent and working
out in LA with Charles Collins. But he made it an
issue, and made it a team issue, because he is
money hungry.

I grew to love the fun loving, hard working, sleeping
at the stadium Chad Johnson. I have equally grown to
hate the whining, lackadasical, more worried about
writting a book than throwing a block, "underpaid"
Ochocinco.

He use to think this voluntary stuff was important,
once upon a time ago. I think it is even more important
to him now, than it was then. In a lot more ways than then too.[/quote]

:applaud:

Spot on good sir...

If i did not have to go to work tomorrow why would I? Its voluntary. Chad made 5 straight pro bowls you really think he has to work on his game in April when the season starts in September thats retarded. Dudes only 31 years old, coming back from injury im sure he will be fine. Hes been playing with Carson for 7 years i doubt these workouts will make or brake the season. Leave Ocho Cinco alone, he has done nothing wrong.

It's simple.

Chad doesn't want to be on the team anymore.

Carson doesn't want Chad on the team anymore.

Marvin doesn't want Chad on the team anymore.

Most of the team doesn't want Chad on the team anymore.

I don't want Chad on the team anymore.

We [b]WILL[/b] trade Chad. It's just a matter of what we can get.

Chad, get the fuck off my team. Mike Brown, make it fucking happen. If we don't, Mike Brown is a poopy pants. :angry:

It's simple times 2. They'll get on the field. If Hobson didn't post bullshit about the phenom factory, Carson will get a look at Simpson, Caldwell, and Henry turn around and give thumbs up to Brat, then Brat give thumbs to Marvin, then Marvin smiles to Mike, Mike dials the phone and all of sudden there is extra draft picks to play with.

[quote name='scharm' post='760227' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:13 AM']....Mike dials the phone and all of sudden there is extra draft picks to play with.[/quote]

Except soP can't dial the phone to someone who knows a tinker's damn about what to do with the draft picks. His phone might only be speed-dialed into the football offices at Central Michigan or Coastal Carolina.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760235' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:35 AM']Except soP can't dial the phone to someone who knows a tinker's damn about what to do with the draft picks. His phone might only be speed-dialed into the football offices at Central Michigan or Coastal Carolina.[/quote]

Yet you are making a fuss about losing one of Mike's former draft picks.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760235' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:35 AM']Except soP can't dial the phone to someone who knows a tinker's damn about what to do with the draft picks. His phone might only be speed-dialed into the football offices at Central Michigan or Coastal Carolina.[/quote]

yes, damn those draft picks of Palmer, Steinbach, Peko, Rivers, Sims, Joseph, Hall, Whitworth, etc... Damn them all to hell! :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='760239' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:49 AM']yes, damn those draft picks of Palmer, Steinbach, Peko, Rivers, Sims, Joseph, Hall, Whitworth, etc... Damn them all to hell! :lol:[/quote]

Well now see I can play that game too..

Perry, Irons, Rowe, Nicholson, Brazelle, Thurman, Ghiaciuc, Ratliff, Caleb Miller, Matthias "Big Nugget" Askew, Ahamad Brooks

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='760118' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:28 PM']exactly, just make the damned things madatory so people will stop complaining about this stuff[/quote]

They can't or I bet they would. It's called a CBA and it sets the amount of off season workouts and minicamps a team can make mandatory. So blame the Lazy ass players union who while because they have to work too hard to make multi-million dollars. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll let you guys get back to arguing about the soon to be Ex-Cincinnati Bengal. I'll be glad when he's gone because we will never win anything with him on this team.

Archived