*UPDATE* Eagles offering 2nd, 5th round picks and Reggie Brown for Chad?

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='759894' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:36 PM']After listening to Carson in the press conf. and also hearing him on w/ P Doc I would be shocked if Chad was on this team come July. In the presser he was dismissive and avoided any conversation related to chad. With Doc he said he called and spoke with every wr multiple times this offseason and Chad was the only one who never called him back. He also said there were wr's on the team right now that would take chad's spot. Thats a bld statement for carson who doesnt throw stuff like that around often.

Watch the videos on bengals.com its all about winning, its all about a new attitude, chad doesnt fit that attitude[/quote]

The podcast of Carson with Doc is the second one down.

[url="http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=paul_daugherty.xml"]http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/podcast/si...l_daugherty.xml[/url]

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='759894' date='Mar 30 2009, 08:36 PM']After listening to Carson in the press conf. and also hearing him on w/ P Doc I would be shocked if Chad was on this team come July. In the presser he was dismissive and avoided any conversation related to chad. With Doc he said he called and spoke with every wr multiple times this offseason and Chad was the only one who never called him back. He also said there were wr's on the team right now that would take chad's spot. Thats a bld statement for carson who doesnt throw stuff like that around often.

Watch the videos on bengals.com its all about winning, its all about a new attitude, chad doesnt fit that attitude[/quote]

Agreed. Reading the quote in an article doesn't do it justice. He basically sort of said the WRs who want to work hard and win are here and implied that the one who wasn't (Chad) didn't fit that mold. In past years, Carson always had Chad's back publicly. Not this year. Huge deal in my opinion because Carson has a huge say in these things on offense.

[quote name='kdubdub' post='759898' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:15 PM']I bet we get 2nd for his sorry a$$...not as nice as the deal last year but I'll take it. Can't wait till he is someone else's headache.

I didn't think we would move the dude at first but I got a funny feeling we do.[/quote]

Agree with this also. A late first would be nice, but I just don't see it happening. The guy has turned himself into a sideshow and there is no way the Bengals get anywhere near what his past on field production says he's worth. Still, take what you can get and move on.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='759904' date='Mar 30 2009, 09:47 PM']Its not about him not showing up. Its about listening to what Carson said and how he said it. If everything was cool he probably would have said "I talked to chad, everything is cool, he will be here when it matters" Instead he said "I have called every wr, he's the only one who never called me back, we got guys who will take his spot"

Big difference[/quote]

Again, a very perceptive comment. Carson is the leader of the team and has basically come out publicly saying he doesn't want Chad back. Now, that isn't exactly what he said, but Carson is a pretty careful, non-controversial guy so for him to say what he did shouldn't be underestimated.

A couple weeks ago I saw Chad sitting court side on ESPN at the Heat game with some dime piece. Didn't even make a TV appearance during the broadcast. Could it be that maybe he's just laying low, keeping to himself this offseason? Christ give the dude a break who cares if he hasn't talked to Carson. Carson's had his hands full with having new twins, while I'm sure Chad has had his own shit going on. Nothing like making something out of a meaningless voluntary camp. If Carson/Chad don't have timing by this time in their careers together then something is wrong with that. It's April for christ sake. Chad's dude out in Cali said he was going to be working out there during this time period. Let it be, let it be.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='760064' date='Mar 31 2009, 03:10 PM']A couple weeks ago I saw Chad sitting court side on ESPN at the Heat game with some dime piece. Didn't even make a TV appearance during the broadcast. Could it be that maybe he's just laying low, keeping to himself this offseason? Christ give the dude a break who cares if he hasn't talked to Carson. Carson's had his hands full with having new twins, while I'm sure Chad has had his own shit going on. Nothing like making something out of a meaningless voluntary camp. If Carson/Chad don't have timing by this time in their careers together then something is wrong with that. It's April for christ sake. Chad's dude out in Cali said he was going to be working out there during this time period. Let it be, let it be.[/quote]

I think you are wrong, but more importantly Carson thinks you are wrong. Carson and Marvin obviously don't think the voluntary camp is meaningless, but I'm sure you know better.

Even from the outside, it was obvious that Carson and Chad had no rhythm together last year due to them not being able to practice together all offseason.

Plus, why wouldn't you call Carson back if he wants to talk to you about the offense? Carson said in the interview that they are trying to retool the offense and go with the plays the like. He mentioned his input, Laveraneus', Cedric's, etc. but not Chad. If he is supposed to be one of the best players on the team, why doesn't he care enough to return a call? To be part of trying to improve the team>

[quote name='happyrid' post='760068' date='Mar 31 2009, 02:34 PM']I think you are wrong, but more importantly Carson thinks you are wrong. Carson and Marvin obviously don't think the voluntary camp is meaningless, but I'm sure you know better.

Even from the outside, it was obvious that Carson and Chad had no rhythm together last year due to them not being able to practice together all offseason.

Plus, why wouldn't you call Carson back if he wants to talk to you about the offense? Carson said in the interview that they are trying to retool the offense and go with the plays the like. He mentioned his input, Laveraneus', Cedric's, etc. but not Chad. If he is supposed to be one of the best players on the team, why doesn't he care enough to return a call? To be part of trying to improve the team>[/quote]

Can voluntary camp be helpful? Yeah I'm sure it can. But does it directly relate to the kind of season you have on the field? Hell no it doesn't. Especially for a player like Chad when all you do is come out, jog a few routes and workout. Something you can do any place in the country at this point in the offseason.

I think Carson is acting like just as much a school girl as Chad here pouting about Chad not calling him back or showing up or whatever. Why even take the shot at Chad about having players to replace him because he's working out somewhere else instead of some place that's VOLUNTARY? Sounds like a leader to me taking shots at your other teammates. Why should Carson continually get a free pass?

I think these two put on a facade their whole time here together to begin with. Two totally different personatilities.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='760081' date='Mar 31 2009, 04:37 PM']Can voluntary camp be helpful? Yeah I'm sure it can. [b] But does it directly relate to the kind of season you have on the field? Hell no it doesn't.[/b] Especially for a player like Chad when all you do is come out, jog a few routes and workout. Something you can do any place in the country at this point in the offseason.

I think Carson is acting like just as much a school girl as Chad here pouting about Chad not calling him back or showing up or whatever. Why even take the shot at Chad about having players to replace him because he's working out somewhere else instead of some place that's VOLUNTARY? Sounds like a leader to me taking shots at your other teammates. Why should Carson continually get a free pass?

I think these two put on a facade their whole time here together to begin with. Two totally different personatilities.[/quote]

Seriously? That's such a wrong statement. You think they do it just for shits and giggles?

They work a ton on getting their timing down on the routes. Every WR is different and the QB needs to get used to how they run each route.

I definitely think it had a negative effect on Chad's production last year.

Chad used to work his ass off, sleep at the facilities because he watched so much film, etc. Now, he does the bare minimum and it is why he isn't that good anymore.

Personally, I don't really care if he's here for the "conditioning" stuff. Yeah, some team building would be nice. But, if he was here, he may wind up more of a distraction than if he's not.

But once the "on field" portion of the OTA's start, and the WRs and Carson start reinforcing the timing and chemistry, THEN I want him here.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='760064' date='Mar 31 2009, 02:10 PM']A couple weeks ago I saw Chad sitting court side on ESPN at the Heat game with some dime piece. Didn't even make a TV appearance during the broadcast. Could it be that maybe he's just laying low, keeping to himself this offseason? Christ give the dude a break who cares if he hasn't talked to Carson. Carson's had his hands full with having new twins, while I'm sure Chad has had his own shit going on. Nothing like making something out of a meaningless voluntary camp. If Carson/Chad don't have timing by this time in their careers together then something is wrong with that. It's April for christ sake. Chad's dude out in Cali said he was going to be working out there during this time period. Let it be, let it be.[/quote]

kinda seems like you dont understand whats going on at all, and that people really dont care about showing up or not, but more about how his teammates and coaches feel about him being on the team.

if you want to pretend none of it is happening, that's your business, but why waste everyone's time posting about something people are not even talking about?

he isnt laying low, i saw him twice in the offseason in cincy wandering around with a posse, a 5" platinum charm hanging 2 feet down his chest with bright yellow sunglasses on making a scene wondering around kenwood mall and by the valet at the MAIN entrance. and again doing the same thing downtown.

aside from 3 lazy beat writers in this terrible city looking for a really easy story to write about for 2 weeks, no one cares about what he is doing, he had 500 yards receiving last year, why would anyone care what he is doing?

everyone within the team knows they want him to go away. and im "assuming" he was told to shut the fuck up as the season started last year and they would move him this offseason...

but noooo. im sure he was "laying low" ... you know.. how most people lay low... "sitting courtside with a dime peice" cause thats how people lay low right? courtside? with a dimepeice? not in a suite... courtside.. laying low...

wow.

If the team does plan to trade him, they would tell him not to come to offseason workouts. They don't want him getting hurt and reducing his trade value. Remember when Steve McNair got locked out of the practice facility by the Titans? It would be something like that, though the team lost a grievance over it. Chad doesn't seem that committed, so I doubt he minds.

[quote name='Dautcom08' post='760081' date='Mar 31 2009, 03:37 PM'][color="#0000FF"]I think Carson is acting like just as much a school girl as Chad here pouting about Chad not calling him back or showing up or whatever[/color].[/quote]
If it please the court, I'd like to nominate this quote as the most ridiculous of the 21st century.

Cue Jamie's defense of the punk-ass princess chad in 3...2...1...

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='760098' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:51 PM']If it please the court, I'd like to nominate this quote as the most ridiculous of the 21st century.

Cue Jamie's defense of the punk-ass princess chad in 3...2...1...[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/clubimages/articles/2009/palmer090330_440.JPG[/img]

Looks like a lot of high-intensity football going on at those workouts! Man...Chad should be joining his mates for these critical sessions of running around in worn-out sweatpants and playing catch.

They all should be there...they'll get too far behind!

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760105' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:59 PM'][img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/clubimages/articles/2009/palmer090330_440.JPG[/img]

Looks like a lot of high-intensity football going on at those workouts! Man...Chad should be joining his mates for these critical sessions of running around in worn-out sweatpants and playing catch.

They all should be there...they'll get too far behind![/quote]

I agree. THIS is gonna cost us games, if we go 0-4 in the preseason I'm gonna be pissed!!!!!!1111eleven

You have the Franchise, who just had twins there.
You have Cedric Benson and Coles there.

TJ said Marvin made it known that he wanted players to
attend the voluntary stuff.

Chad said during the Super Bowl that he would be at all
team functions.

Peyton Manning said missing the offseason stuff, and Training Camp
hurt his timing with WRs. And he said if it wasn't important, they wouldn't
do it.

But some people think it is no big deal that he isn't there?

It has been noted numerous times, that this is when teams are built.

And Jamie, you kill me. You are always bashing on Mike Brown,
but defend players for half-assing.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='760114' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:14 PM']You have the Franchise, who just had twins there.
You have Cedric Benson and Coles there.

TJ said Marvin made it known that he wanted players to
attend the voluntary stuff.

Chad said during the Super Bowl that he would be at all
team functions.

Peyton Manning said missing the offseason stuff, and Training Camp
hurt his timing with WRs. And he said if it wasn't important, they wouldn't
do it.

But some people think it is no big deal that he isn't there?

It has been noted numerous times, that this is when teams are built.

And Jamie, you kill me. You are always bashing on Mike Brown,
but defend players for half-assing.[/quote]

Last I checked these are not required, and last I checked neither of us know what Chad is doing with his offseason or what workouts he is or is not participating in offsite.

[quote name='bengalsfansince68' post='760115' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:20 PM']And defending the half-assingest punk who ever quit on any team.[/quote]

[img]http://capslockhouse.pbwiki.com/f/SandyVag.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='760117' date='Mar 31 2009, 06:27 PM']the truth be said is, why don't they change that shit form Voluntary to Mandatory and cut the bullshit![/quote]

exactly, just make the damned things madatory so people will stop complaining about this stuff

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='760105' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:59 PM'][img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/clubimages/articles/2009/palmer090330_440.JPG[/img]

Looks like a lot of high-intensity football going on at those workouts! Man...Chad should be joining his mates for these critical sessions of [b]running around in worn-out sweatpants and playing catch.
[/b]
They all should be there...they'll get too far behind![/quote]

If that's truly what is taking place, do you even think they would have ota's ? Let me get this straight you guys think its a good thing that he doesn't attend ? You think it's a good thing a guy is on our team who has publicly stated many time he doesn't want to be here ?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='760116' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:25 PM']Last I checked these are not required, and last I checked neither of us know what Chad is doing with his offseason or what workouts he is or is not participating in offsite.[/quote]

Again, Carson just had twins, and he is there.

So are numerous other vets.

I really don't care what he is doing.
I care that he isn't with his team mates.

There are some players that aren't there, but they never
went on some "trade me" tirade. And they didn't publicly
say they would be at all team functions, Chad did. Chad had
the worst season of his career, since he rookie year. He was
injured last season too. He was always at the voluntary stuff
until he hired Rosenhaus, and became Ochocinco. He needs
to get back to the kind of person he was, or he needs to be gone.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='760118' date='Mar 31 2009, 05:28 PM'][color="#0000FF"]exactly, just make the damned things madatory so people will stop complaining about this stuff[/color][/quote]
Jamie, that punk's not showing up for voluntaries is buried under a mountain of complaints I have regarding that quitter son-of-a-bitch.

Archived