Enjoying NBA Basketball more and more...

I have started liking NBA basketball a few years ago when my sister moved to Denver, I caught a few nuggets games when I visited and enjoyed it. I kept up with the nuggets fora while, and enjoyed watching when I could.

ANYWAY.. i caught a miami heat and magic game earlier in the year when visiting florida.. it was great...

I have been watching the playoffs so far with the lakers aways amusing to watch, the nuggets in it and the celtics and magics series have both been good.

today has been nuts, the magic got smoked by boston, people getting thrown out of games technical fouls everywhere.. players with stitches, shits crazy and more entertaining than i ever remembered the NBA being..

Im not the normal "i like watching ncaa cause they have passion in the game and love to play" well so do the guys at the YMCA spending their freetime playing for free, not even afree scholarship or shot at the NBA..

i enjoying watching the best athletes play and do amazing things. so i will take the nba over the NCAA any day..

if anyone remotely liked the nba buy stopped watching a while ago..

tune in... i think youll enjoy it quite a bit more...

Orlando Magic fan myself. Lived in Florida for about 27 years. Dont follow too closely
during the regular season but watch the playoffs for sure. Cant believe that fat
bastard hit the buzzer beater for the Celts win the other night. Oh well. I'd like to
see them match up against the Cav's in the next round. Lebron and Co. are on fire
though and breezing through the playoffs so far. I think the Magic would match up
against them better than the Celtics. Especially since Garnett is out for the post season.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='774198' date='May 7 2009, 01:11 AM']I have started liking NBA basketball a few years ago when my sister moved to [b]Denver, I caught a few nuggets games when I visited and enjoyed it. I kept up with the nuggets fora while[/b], and enjoyed watching when I could.

ANYWAY.. i caught a miami heat and magic game earlier in the year when visiting florida.. it was great...

I have been watching the playoffs so far with the lakers aways amusing to watch, the nuggets in it and the celtics and magics series have both been good.

today has been nuts, the magic got smoked by boston, people getting thrown out of games technical fouls everywhere.. players with stitches, shits crazy and more entertaining than i ever remembered the NBA being..

Im not the normal "i like watching ncaa cause they have passion in the game and love to play" well so do the guys at the YMCA spending their freetime playing for free, not even afree scholarship or shot at the NBA..

i enjoying watching the best athletes play and do amazing things. so i will take the nba over the NCAA any day..

if anyone remotely liked the nba buy stopped watching a while ago..

tune in... i think youll enjoy it quite a bit more...[/quote]

I'm not an NBA fan either, but if I had to pick a favorite NBA team, it would be Denver. I am a Kenyon Martin fan, even though he's not the player he was his senior year at UC.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='775683' date='May 12 2009, 05:16 PM']Orlando Magic fan myself. Lived in Florida for about 27 years. Dont follow too closely
during the regular season but watch the playoffs for sure. Cant believe that fat
bastard hit the buzzer beater for the Celts win the other night. Oh well. I'd like to
see them match up against the Cav's in the next round. Lebron and Co. are on fire
though and breezing through the playoffs so far. I think the Magic would match up
against them better than the Celtics. Especially since Garnett is out for the post season.[/quote]

im going to game 6 tomorrow, i was at the "watch party" last night, gonna be down here until friday.

im a nuggets fan so im watching that game now.. eager to see the magic game in person tomorrow tho.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='776076' date='May 13 2009, 11:47 PM']im going to game 6 tomorrow, i was at the "watch party" last night, gonna be down here until friday.

im a nuggets fan so im watching that game now.. eager to see the magic game in person tomorrow tho.[/quote]

Cool. Hope the magic can pull it off. Doesnt sound good though when the top player is calling out the
coach in the media.

I'm like Jason though if the Magic lose I'll root for the Nuggets because of Kenyon Martin.

I've never lived anywhere near an NBA team. College basketball is boring to watch. It's all drive and kick. BORING.

I don't have a favorite team so I mainly root for players. It makes the game interesting when you don't have anyone to root for.

I am cheering for anyone but the Lakers. I'm still mad at how they stole Gasol. Seems like an inside NBA job to me to keep the Lakers relevant.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='776397' date='May 14 2009, 11:40 PM']nice game... stickin around afterwards now...

the celtics players seem depressed

sweet.[/quote]
Sweet! If you see J.J. get a autograph!

I love the guy to death, but Chuck Hayes has to be one of the worst starting Centers in the NBA. I guess most of his problems stem from the fact that he's only 6'6".

On a related note, J.J. Redick is the worst guard in the NBA. His assist to turnover ratio is horrendous, and he shoots worse than Chris Lofton in his Senior Year.

[quote name='sois' post='776193' date='May 14 2009, 11:19 AM']I've never lived anywhere near an NBA team. [b]College basketball is boring to watch. It's all drive and kick. BORING.[/b]

I don't have a favorite team so I mainly root for players. It makes the game interesting when you don't have anyone to root for.

I am cheering for anyone but the Lakers. I'm still mad at how they stole Gasol. Seems like an inside NBA job to me to keep the Lakers relevant.[/quote]
That's unsubstantiated bullshit. What, not enough dunks for you in college basketball? Seriously? I would counter that outside of the playoffs, the NBA is all about everyone standing around, watching a one-on-one. No defense. No true team play. Some really deep threes that rarely matter. Yay.

[quote name='#22' post='776402' date='May 15 2009, 12:07 AM']I love the guy to death, but Chuck Hayes has to be one of the worst starting Centers in the NBA. I guess most of his problems stem from the fact that he's only 6'6".

On a related note, J.J. Redick is the worst guard in the NBA. His assist to turnover ratio is horrendous, and he shoots worse than Chris Lofton in his Senior Year.[/quote]
Well i would hope that you wouldn't expect JJ to have a great assist to turnover ratio. He isn't quite athletic enough to move to the basket and find the open guy..

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776403' date='May 15 2009, 12:15 PM']That's unsubstantiated bullshit. What, not enough dunks for you in college basketball? Seriously? I would counter that outside of the playoffs, the NBA is all about everyone standing around, watching a one-on-one. No defense. No true team play. Some really deep threes that rarely matter. Yay.[/quote]
+1

If you want to watch the game the way it should be played, you have to watch at the NCAA level.

I seem to remember that Bill Simmons is not too well liked in these parts, but I think he's a fantastic writer. He's got some interesting comments here about NBA players, effort level, and defense. Especially the press. I thought it was an interesting read..

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090513/part2"]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ns/090513/part2[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776403' date='May 14 2009, 11:15 PM']That's unsubstantiated bullshit. What, not enough dunks for you in college basketball? Seriously? I would counter that outside of the playoffs, the NBA is all about everyone standing around, watching a one-on-one. No defense. No true team play. Some really deep threes that rarely matter. Yay.[/quote]

spoken like someone who doesnt watch any NBA basketball...

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='776410' date='May 14 2009, 11:45 PM']+1

If you want to watch the game the way it should be played, you have to watch at the NCAA level.

I seem to remember that Bill Simmons is not too well liked in these parts, but I think he's a fantastic writer. He's got some interesting comments here about NBA players, effort level, and defense. Especially the press. I thought it was an interesting read..

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090513/part2"]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ns/090513/part2[/url][/quote]

yea, sports are best watched when future insurance salesmen and math teachers are playing it.... *fart sound*

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='776891' date='May 17 2009, 06:43 PM']Well it's do or die tonight for the Magic. Hopefully they pull it off. Lakers spanked the Rockets.[/quote]

Cant wait for the game tonight.. gonna be a long our till tipoff...

got my boys a howard jersey, howard T shirt got myself a free superman howard bobble head and a few playoff tshirts, fun trip... a friend is in boston as we speak for the game.. lucky SOB..

[quote name='JC' post='776398' date='May 14 2009, 10:44 PM']Sweet! If you see J.J. get a autograph![/quote]

he's just a lil fella.. i see him pretty often down there... his wife is BAAANNGGGIINNNN..

as is her sister.. who looks just like her...

Go, I did say "outside of the playoffs". The NBA playoffs are pretty good, but the NBA season is just too long. Players mope through games until mid-season. They really don't play very good defense...it's almost exclusively man-to-man, with very little doubling down or zones until the rules were changed what, a few years ago?

I dunno. It's just a different approach or vibe, some like it, some don't. I'm not going to belabor the purist argument for college bball.

I wonder what happened, though? I used to LOVE the NBA up until about the end of Michael Jordan's career withe the Bulls. Maybe I felt I'd already seen it all or something. I LOVED Pistons versus Celtics in the 1980's...Lakers versus Celtics...Shawn Kemp, Hakeem Olajuwan, Dominique Walker, etc in the early 1990's...something changed, but I don't know why I started hating the NBA, I just do.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='776963' date='May 18 2009, 01:24 PM']Go, I did say "outside of the playoffs". The NBA playoffs are pretty good, but the NBA season is just too long. Players mope through games until mid-season. They really don't play very good defense...it's almost exclusively man-to-man, with very little doubling down or zones until the rules were changed what, a few years ago?

I dunno. It's just a different approach or vibe, some like it, some don't. I'm not going to belabor the purist argument for college bball.

I wonder what happened, though? I used to LOVE the NBA up until about the end of Michael Jordan's career withe the Bulls. Maybe I felt I'd already seen it all or something. I LOVED Pistons versus Celtics in the 1980's...Lakers versus Celtics...Shawn Kemp, Hakeem Olajuwan, Dominique Walker, etc in the early 1990's...something changed, but[b] I don't know why I started hating the NBA, I just do.[/b][/quote]
Shaq.

The perfect example of the typical NBAer. Too much money. No desire to actually be worth a damn. He had all of that talent, and refused to learn to use any of it. All he wanted to do was dunk. Could have been the best ever. Instead, he's like a bad parody of what the modern day athlete looks like.

From what I'm reading LeBron was showing some signs of coasting like that, but has changed it around. Maybe he can lead the new generation of players into wanting to be great, and not just millionaires.

Give me the old days of Dr. J, MJ, Sir Charles, Magic, Kareem, Bird, etc. Guys who busted their asses to get the most out of their abilities. The young'ns rarely seem to play with that kind of desire any more. Guess it's hard to motivate a guy who's already got more money than he can spend at the age of 22.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='776982' date='May 18 2009, 03:39 AM']Shaq.

The perfect example of the typical NBAer. Too much money. No desire to actually be worth a damn. He had all of that talent, and refused to learn to use any of it. All he wanted to do was dunk. Could have been the best ever. Instead, he's like a bad parody of what the modern day athlete looks like.

From what I'm reading LeBron was showing some signs of coasting like that, but has changed it around. Maybe he can lead the new generation of players into wanting to be great, and not just millionaires.

Give me the old days of Dr. J, MJ, Sir Charles, Magic, Kareem, Bird, etc. Guys who busted their asses to get the most out of their abilities. The young'ns rarely seem to play with that kind of desire any more. Guess it's hard to motivate a guy who's already got more money than he can spend at the age of 22.[/quote]

Shaq is great. I don't know why you think he doesn't bust his ass. Look at him, he isn't fat. He seems to work hard. He's old and he is still contributing. If he didn't care, he would have retired long ago. He also really worked at his craft. Remember all of the stories about him with various free throw coaches? It seems like they ran that story every season? Why? Because he was busting his ass every season trying to get better. He also developed some good moves over the years. He has an awesome drop step, nice baby J, decent up and under move... none of which he had when he came to the league. If you want to make a stereotype of a lazy NBA player, pick someone else. It certainly isn't Shaq.

Maybe you think these guys are "coasting" because they make it look easy. There are too many hungry guys out there and there is simply too much money at risk to be coasting. Lazy guys don't last long in the league unless they are freakishly good athletes.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='776990' date='May 18 2009, 09:15 AM']Magic win. Cool. Barkley said on the post game show he's picking the Magic to beat
the Cavs. Hope he's right. Gonna be a tough series.[/quote]

I've watched probably 15-20 Cavs games this year and I can say without any doubt that Orlando will give them all they can handle. I think the Cavs should win the series since they have home court advantage and have been so tough to beat at home. The problem with Orlando is their three point shooting. It's almost impossible to keep both Howard and their shooters in check at the same time.

[quote name='sois' post='777043' date='May 19 2009, 01:26 AM']Shaq is great. I don't know why you think he doesn't bust his ass. Look at him, he isn't fat. He seems to work hard. He's old and he is still contributing. If he didn't care, he would have retired long ago. He also really worked at his craft. Remember all of the stories about him with various free throw coaches? It seems like they ran that story every season? Why? Because he was busting his ass every season trying to get better. He also developed some good moves over the years. He has an awesome drop step, nice baby J, decent up and under move... none of which he had when he came to the league. If you want to make a stereotype of a lazy NBA player, pick someone else. It certainly isn't Shaq.

Maybe you think these guys are "coasting" because they make it look easy. There are too many hungry guys out there and there is simply too much money at risk to be coasting. Lazy guys don't last long in the league unless they are freakishly good athletes.[/quote]
:rofl:

Sorry, this is to silly for a thought out reply.

Archived