HATE CEDRIC BENSON?

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='781177' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:53 PM'][url="http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AmKKNye5QwPVHxxx82yDjGK5bZ8u?slug=ab-top10_060809"]CLICK HERE[/url][/quote]

Must be a Bears fan...the guy is obviously an idiot--Benson is a very good receiver and can definitely run through contact. If you don't believe me, ask Polamalu.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='781177' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:53 PM'][url="http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AmKKNye5QwPVHxxx82yDjGK5bZ8u?slug=ab-top10_060809"]CLICK HERE[/url][/quote]

I'm kind of suprised to see this from fantasy writers.

A Running back doesn't need elite skills to put up great numbers in the NFL. Rudi wasn't very 'talented', but he was very productive in our system... and I think Benson has more talent than Rudi.

Like any other runningback, Benson will be productive next year if he gets good OLine play.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='781177' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:53 PM'][url="http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AmKKNye5QwPVHxxx82yDjGK5bZ8u?slug=ab-top10_060809"]CLICK HERE[/url][/quote]

Wow. Ced must have banged this guy's girl WHILE kicking his dog. Dude is just angry.

[quote name='Gary' post='781205' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:35 AM']I am not a big fan of Benson either. He's fine as a stopgap until we find a better runner, but Benson reminds me a lot of a poor mans Rudi when [s]Rudi[/s] our Oline was good.[/quote]
FIFY.

[quote name='Gary' post='781205' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:35 AM']I am not a big fan of Benson either. He's fine as a stopgap until we find a better runner, but Benson reminds me a lot of a poor mans Rudi when Rudi was good.[/quote]

Benson is much more talented than Rudi.

It has nothing to do with Benson in Cincy... it is strictly a fantasy article and when you factor that in with the fact the guy is from Chicago... there was always high hope for Benson in fantasy leagues and he always ended up busting for different reasons.

It is just another fantasy geek writer. Pass.

I concur that Ced has more talent than Rudi, but Rudi in those good years had more grit and determination. I think Ced has a chip on his shoulder and frankly I'm glad he does.

The article is just pathetic. Amazing what gets published, albeit online fantasy scribing, these days. Crap like this should be from National Enquirer, Sports edition.

From what I've seen, and I mentioned it on here before, the guy was a bum in Chicago. When Thomas Jones tore it up behind a solid Bears line Benson fell flat on his face. Aside from two good games against terrible teams in the last two weeks of the season, Cedric has been a disappointment his entire career. I'm willing to give him 2009 to prove me, and all the doubters wrong. I hope he does, because I don't want to have to waste a high draft pick on a running back, we already screwed that up once the last few years, I fear we'll do it again.

[quote name='BengalBrandon' post='781279' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:05 PM']From what I've seen, and I mentioned it on here before, the guy was a bum in Chicago. [b]When Thomas Jones tore it up behind a solid Bears line Benson fell flat on his face.[/b] Aside from two good games against terrible teams in the last two weeks of the season, Cedric has been a disappointment his entire career. I'm willing to give him 2009 to prove me, and all the doubters wrong. I hope he does, because I don't want to have to waste a high draft pick on a running back, we already screwed that up once the last few years, I fear we'll do it again.[/quote]

in 2005 Jones had a .2ypc better than Benson. In 2006 (when they went to the super bowl), they both had the exact same ypc even though its been documented that some Bears players didn't block as hard for Benson. After 2006 the Bears were so disappointed with Benson that they went and dumped Jones.

So if Benson fell flat on his face in Chicago, so did Jones.

[quote name='The Scales' post='781281' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:23 PM']Seems like we got an Organization full of Show me's and something to proves.
This should bode well for the fans.

God Bless em.[/quote]

Hey! This is the year of REDEMPTION. Only fitting given the team is owned by the REDEEMER!

[quote name='The Scales' post='781281' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:23 PM']Seems like we got an Organization full of Show me's and something to proves.
This should bode well for the fans.

God Bless em.[/quote]

Exactly! In just about Every position group, you've got guys that have something to prove.

QB- Carson needs to prove he can be the leader and is an elite QB
RB- Benson wants to show he can be the bell cow, Leonard wants to show he can get it done, and Scott wants to show it wasn't d-2.
FB- Pressley wants to show he should have been drafted
TE- Utecht wants to prove he was worth the contract, Coffman wants to show he was the best TE in college last year.
WR-Chad wants to show he's still got it, Slim wants to prove he can get it, Coles wants to show that he's even better with an All Pro QB, and Simpson wants to show he can play in this league.
OL- Whit wants to show he can handle the speed guys, and Smith wants to show he was the best tackle in the draft.
DL- Odom wants to show he doesn't need Haynesworth, Geathers wants to show he wasnt a flash in the pan, Tank wants to show he is a beast in a 4-3, Sims wants to show he is as good if not better than Ellis.
LB- Rivers wants to show that he would have been DROY without the cheap shot, and Rey wants to show everyone that he should have been the first LB off the board.
DB- J-joe wants to show he is an elite CB and can stay healthy, Crocker wants to prove that Parcells don't know everything, and Williams wants to prove he is still an All Pro in the right system.

And that doesn't even include guys like Caldwell, Johnson, Rucker, Cook, Livings or Dhani. If this team can just stay football healthy, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be competing with Pissburg, the Cheatriots, SD, or Tenn for the top of the AFC.

[quote name='kennethmw' post='781315' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:23 PM']Exactly! In just about Every position group, you've got guys that have something to prove.

QB- Carson needs to prove he can be the leader and is an elite QB
RB- Benson wants to show he can be the bell cow, Leonard wants to show he can get it done, and Scott wants to show it wasn't d-2.
FB- Pressley wants to show he should have been drafted
TE- Utecht wants to prove he was worth the contract, Coffman wants to show he was the best TE in college last year.
WR-Chad wants to show he's still got it, Slim wants to prove he can get it, Coles wants to show that he's even better with an All Pro QB, and Simpson wants to show he can play in this league.
OL- Whit wants to show he can handle the speed guys, and Smith wants to show he was the best tackle in the draft.
DL- Odom wants to show he doesn't need Haynesworth, Geathers wants to show he wasnt a flash in the pan, Tank wants to show he is a beast in a 4-3, Sims wants to show he is as good if not better than Ellis.
LB- Rivers wants to show that he would have been DROY without the cheap shot, and Rey wants to show everyone that he should have been the first LB off the board.
DB- J-joe wants to show he is an elite CB and can stay healthy, Crocker wants to prove that Parcells don't know everything, and Williams wants to prove he is still an All Pro in the right system.

And that doesn't even include guys like Caldwell, [b]Johnson,[/b] Rucker, Cook, Livings or Dhani. If this team can just stay football healthy, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be competing with Pissburg, the Cheatriots, SD, or Tenn for the top of the AFC.[/quote]

which one? :ninja:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='781316' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:26 PM']which one? :ninja:[/quote]

Well of course, it's Lance Corporal Giraffe Johnson!! Even money that he gets double figures on passes batted down, and at least 2 blocked FG's.

B) B)

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='781323' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:01 PM']???[/quote]

Believe me, Eva, Sims is quite aware that many Bengals fans wanted Sedric Ellis, and that some even thought Ellis was better than having Rivers and Sims. He truly believes that he was and will be the best DT in that Draft class.

Archived