For the record...

You know the raisins fans will be squawking about all the penalties called. Trying to stay impartial, I don't recall any that were called against the raisins that were pure BS. I did not see the one called when (his name will not be repeated) snapped high on the extra point. But the illegal contact penalties all appeared to be legit. Did I miss anything? Did we get any gifts?

[quote name='Cat' date='11 October 2009 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1255294824' post='814585']
We got screwed on the fumble (especially since it was ruled a fumble!), IMO, and they got screwed on the ball position. That was really the only thing that I thought was poor officiating...
[/quote]

Actually, it was ruled down by contact on the field. The refs actually get props from me for not blowing the whistle prematurely to allow the replay, which did not go our way. And yes, they did fuck up the spot.

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='11 October 2009 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1255294813' post='814581']
I'd like to see a nice fine for the murderer. But I won't hold my breath.
[/quote]

i think he will get a fine. especially after complaining about the officals all last week.

I hope they mark this loss for them up to bad calls. The bengals out played them. If the bengals would have losts it would have been a game the Bengals blew.

So really I hope they continue their thoughts of superiority and we'll see them in a few weeks in PBS.

They kinda did the same stuff after each game against Pitt last year.

[quote name='Bengal Cat' date='11 October 2009 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1255299282' post='814662']
I know it was in the heat of the game and all, but I thought Ray and Chad were real close friends. Theres a difference in playing aggressive and taking cheap shots. He flat out tried to hurt Chad.
[/quote]

'eh in the heat of the moment you don't have time to think about WHO you're hitting. I don't think he tried to hurt him persay, and honestly their friendship probably kept Chad from getting in his face and getting a penalty too.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='11 October 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1255300347' post='814694']
'eh in the heat of the moment you don't have time to think about WHO you're hitting. I don't think he tried to hurt him persay, and honestly their friendship probably kept Chad from getting in his face and getting a penalty too.
[/quote]

Yeah it was in the heat of the moment. I said that also.

But it was no doubt a cheap shot. He didn't have to try to take his head off.

It was a dirty play and he should get fined.

I thought the officiating wasn't lopsided at all. We should have had a fumble recovery in the second quarter, but fucking Jeff Triplette blew it. CBS clearly had an angle showing the ball coming out before Clayton's knee hit the ground. It was close, but the refs unquestionably blew it. The Ravens defense had their hands all over our receivers for most of the game and were flagged for penalties that could have been called practically all game. I was glad they called the personal foul on Ray, but I don't think we get that call if Chad's helmet hadn't come flying off and thus allowed the refs to ignore it. Again, it was unquestionably a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenseless receiver.

[quote name='Cricket' date='11 October 2009 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1255313518' post='814859']
I think the Ravens might have a gripe that offensive pass interference was not called against Chad on that long pass down the middle.
[/quote]

meh.. chalk it up to one of the 7-8 that werent called against their DB's adn we'll call it even..

Archived