Its time for a change, Brat has been here long enough, this offense was ranked last in the playoffs in points scored, and i think 24th in the NFL. The excuses must stop... The players need to do a better job executing yes, but they have to be put in a position to win...Ive seen enough run run pass over the last 5-6 seasons.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='09 January 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1263089407' post='855018']
All of this is under the direction of Marvin Lewis. If Brat had his way, this offense wouldn't be much different than 2005. But we had to go conservative, so it is a joke now.

What a disaster...
[/quote]

Funny thing is, if he would have kept handing the ball to Benson, we likely would have won. Benson was a man among boys, and the rest of the offense could stand to learn a little something from the passion he played with tonight.

[quote name='ValleyBengal' date='09 January 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1263084550' post='854803']
Brian Leonard was suspicously absent on third downs...
[/quote]
I was screaming this at the television the entire game. Why are you trying to pass so often? Why aren't we doing more of what works instead of trying to force what isn't? Run the ball. Screens and slants. Leonard could have been used more as well as TE. Brats playcalling stunk it up. God, I hope we keep Zimmer.

[quote name='kennethmw' date='09 January 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1263087650' post='854964']
you are allowed to say what you think with little fear of repercussions. [/quote]

Used to be none. Just sayin.

Also, on record as:

[size="5"]FIRE Bratkowski[/size]

And I'm 100% rational and unemotional. In fact, I'm numb.

[quote]WillAnderson79 Marvin wanted to hire him last year but Marvin found out at last minute that he couldn't fire any coaches on offense! Hue was WR coach i ...
3 minutes ago from txt [/quote]

Same thing I heard...actually heard Hue was in the house for an interview and MB cut Marvin off at the knees....

...and people wonder why Marvin is unhappy...

I dont understand why we didnt have any plays in the playbook for third downs when they blitzed the house.

Or how come we couldnt do that play sanchez does where everyone goes one way but the qb and te and he is wide open all the time.

Come up with something brat?

Did carson get out of the pocket once today designed?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='09 January 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1263095598' post='855146']
Same thing I heard...actually heard Hue was in the house for an interview and MB cut Marvin off at the knees....

...and people wonder why Marvin is unhappy...
[/quote]

So Marvin would conduct an interview with someone when he didn't actually have a position open?

[quote name='ccartman2' date='09 January 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1263083802' post='854745']
Okay, I've been supportive all year. Our year is over. So it is time for him to fucking go, the pathetic peace of shit. try a screen pass once in your fucking life. Try a fucking slant dipshit. Go to fucking hell, or at least Seattle. Go, you and Dan are wrong, he is pathetic peace of shit.
[/quote]

you're a dumb motherfucker

i bet he gets a few year extension, rightfully so.

he threw several screen passes today alone.. 3 actually..

and he attempted Slants several times as well, last week and this week, 1 or 2 to chad today and one to coles, im not sure if the one to caldwell was a slant or short cross pattern.. i can go look if you want?

but its clear you're too stupid to even know what palys you're seeing.

what a dumbass....

[quote name='Montana Bengal' date='10 January 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1263099961' post='855221']
So Marvin would conduct an interview with someone when he didn't actually have a position open?
[/quote]

I wondered the same thing. Although I don't doubt Mikey B having trouble firing a coach....since their contracts are guaranteed and he is cheap.

The way this season ends, I doubt tickets are hard to get to the first few games next year. An empty stadium is probably the only way to make a point to Mike.

[quote name='Jungle1' date='10 January 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1263100317' post='855226']
I wondered the same thing. Although I don't doubt Mikey B having trouble firing a coach....since their contracts are guaranteed and he is cheap.

The way this season ends, I doubt tickets are hard to get to the first few games next year. An empty stadium is probably the only way to make a point to Mike.
[/quote]

a new oc with a shitty line and WR' with the dropsies is going to fill a stadium?

that doesnt actually make any sense..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1263100191' post='855223']

and he attempted Slants several times as well, last week and this week, 1 or 2 to chad today and one to coles, im not sure if the one to caldwell was a slant or short cross pattern.. i can go look if you want?

what a dumbass....
[/quote]

Go I agree with you on probably 85% of your opinions on this board.

But this one I just think you are wrong. Our offense hasnt worked most the year, and instead of trying to come up with some creative ways to get guys open he runs the same gameplan week in and week out.

I used this example in my last post, but why not try to run one of those plays where everyone is going one way on a play action and the qb turns and runs the other way and hits the 1 wide open wr/te running with him.

I see teams run that play all the time, especially good running teams, yet we never tried that or anything close to that.

When things arent working you have to change it up and make adjustments, which we didnt.

Back 05 we had an awsome O-line, but the next season Braham got injured and then retired and the O has never been the same. The O-line dropped to below average to average this season, but never like 05.

This isn't all Brat's fault, but for the FIRST TIME on any board I have ever posted on...I think Brat's time should be up. If not for anything other than a change. Brat needs to go and Zimmer needs to be resigned.

[quote name='Jungle1' date='09 January 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1263100317' post='855226']
[b]I wondered the same thing.[/b] Although I don't doubt Mikey B having trouble firing a coach....since their contracts are guaranteed and he is cheap.

[/quote]

I just have a hard time believing that it went down. Now, I'm not saying that Marvin isn't interested in having Hue back.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1263100505' post='855229']
a new oc with a shitty line and WR' with the dropsies is going to fill a stadium?

[/quote]

So if we get a new OC we are not allowed to draft or trade for better offensive players? I did not know that.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1263100505' post='855229']

[/quote]

I thought you would realize besides a new OC, we still have free agency and the draft.

Maybe that makes a little more sense to you...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1263100191' post='855223']

what a dumbass....
[/quote]
Wow, really GO???

He wasn't calling you names. He was calling Brat names.

I get everyone is upset and a bit pissed off after today's performance, but do we need to attack each other? I'm not just talking about this thread either. That attack on Sis by someone else was just ...wow.

And for the record, I don't want to see Graham back in a Bengals uniform and I could care less if Brat comes back.

For whatever reason, the last two years this team offensively is predictable. Injuries probably have a lot to do with that. Especially last year.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='10 January 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1263100550' post='855230']
Go I agree with you on probably 85% of your opinions on this board.

But this one I just think you are wrong. Our offense hasnt worked most the year, and instead of trying to come up with some creative ways to get guys open he runs the same gameplan week in and week out.

I used this example in my last post, but why not try to run one of those plays where everyone is going one way on a play action and the qb turns and runs the other way and hits the 1 wide open wr/te running with him.

I see teams run that play all the time, especially good running teams, yet we never tried that or anything close to that.

When things arent working you have to change it up and make adjustments, which we didnt.
[/quote]

none of that is true..

the team just swept the north, and won the north, and hosted a home playoff game, with a TERRIBLE o-line, a rag tag group of performances by the WR's.. and an injured QB..

he should get a medal....

and considering we have had games where we have 8 different receivers catch balls, we have had 3 different running backs run for over 100 yards, were down to our 3rd and 4th TE's, had an injured #2 and #3 and then our #3 died,

our top pick in the draft linemen sat on his ass then was hurt over half the year..

and we won the AFCN....

there are plenty of things that bob has done that went pretty poorly... like he and alexander's idea to go with the zone blocking scheme... that.. THAT went poorly... but the power line schemes and motion they used this year is about the only thing that kept the running game active and palmer ALIVE..

we lost more talent from what we had last year, in henry and tj, and had triple the success...

12 different players caught passes this season..

5 different receivers caught touchdown passes...

we had 4 different WR's do running plays.

its pretty simple to say that they were creative in the gameplans... they had to be to get ANY yards... and ANY points..

not to mention all of the points the offense was fucked out of all season, in the first several games with the long snapping, and the 9 points taken off the board from the fumble at the 30 and the two missed FG's..

people seem to have a problem looking at the whole picture and seeing why things happened...

bob is conservative, he likes to minimize risk, especially after the 3 season ending injuries carson has had and the thumb injury earlier in the year..

fans are fickle. if told on September 1st, if the fans here would have been told we would sweep the north, win the division, and lose in the first game of the playoffs... everyone would have been all for it, as we expected to go 8-8 or 9-7 mostly and some 10-6 guesses still missing the playoffs..

no matter what happens fans are going to want more and start taking what they can get for granted and demand more.. look at colts fans bitching about them resting guys ,they were undefeated and the #1 seed,

bob is a very good OC, he will likely remain here, and if for some reason he didnt, he would be unemployed for about 6-7days.

its even more ridiculous that the fans here KNOW what he is capable of dialing up with protection and receivers,

he made rudi slow ass johnson an automatic 1300 yard 12 TD running back three straight years...

when we have protection and forever to throw, paler is amazing, chad is the best in the world, when we dont, palmer isnt the same, the oc sucks, etc..

none of it is logical..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1263101892' post='855242']
none of that is true..

the team just swept the north, and won the north, and hosted a home playoff game, with a TERRIBLE o-line, a rag tag group of performances by the WR's.. and an injured QB..

and considering we have had games where we have 8 different receivers catch balls, we have had 3 different running backs run for over 100 yards, were down to our 3rd and 4th TE's, had an injured #2 and #3 and then our #3 died,

our top pick in the draft linemen sat on his ass then was hurt over half the year..

and we won the AFCN....

there are plenty of things that bob has done that went pretty poorly... like he and alexander's idea to go with the zone blocking scheme... that.. THAT went poorly... but the power line schemes and motion they used this year is about the only thing that kept the running game active and palmer ALIVE..

we lost more talent from what we had last year, in henry and tj, and had triple the success...

its pretty simple to say that they were creative in the gameplans... they had to be to get ANY yards... and ANY points..

not to mention all of the points the offense was fucked out of all season, in the first several games with the long snapping, and the 9 points taken off the board from the fumble at the 30 and the two missed FG's..

people seem to have a problem looking at the whole picture and seeing why things happened...

bob is conservative, he likes to minimize risk, especially after the 3 season ending injuries carson has had and the thumb injury earlier in the year..

fans are fickle. if told on September 1st, if the fans here would have been told we would sweep the north, win the division, and lose in the first game of the playoffs... everyone would have been all for it, as we expected to go 8-8 or 9-7 mostly and some 10-6 guesses still missing the playoffs..

no matter what happens fans are going to want more and start taking what they can get for granted and demand more.. look at colts fans bitching about them resting guys ,they were undefeated and the #1 seed,

bob is a very good OC, he will likely remain here, and if for some reason he didnt, he would be unemployed for about 6-7days.

its even more ridiculous that the fans here KNOW what he is capable of dialing up with protection and receivers,

he made rudi slow ass johnson an automatic 1300 yard 12 TD running back three straight years...

when we have protection and forever to throw, paler is amazing, chad is the best in the world, when we dont, palmer isnt the same, the oc sucks, etc..

none of it is logical..
[/quote]

Those stats are all nice, but we can't score. It doesn't matter how many different guys have catches if we can't put up more than 19 pts/game. And, as it was mentioned, we lead the league in offensive penalties.

Maybe Bob is not terrible, but sometimes you just need a change to shake things up. A fresh set of eyes to re-evaluate the talent and try some new plays. Even in the Bengals good years, I never remember this guy being a HC candidate. Why not? Does the rest of the NFL think very highly of him?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 January 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1263101892' post='855242']
none of that is true..

and we won the AFCN....

none of it is logical..
[/quote]

He may have made some creative calls in the past this year, but when it came down to the biggest game of the year in the playoffs he was very predictable in my opinion.

I do understand that its not all his fault, and that a lot of it is to blame on the line and wrs, but when JT, TJ, and Willie Anderson all pretty much call you out...

So while I understand why you like him, and thats your right, I dont think you should say all of us fans are being ignorant and illogical when 3 other former bengals have called him out, that I know of.

[quote name='Jungle1' date='10 January 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1263102373' post='855247']
Those stats are all nice, but we can't score. It doesn't matter how many different guys have catches if we can't put up more than 19 pts/game. And, as it was mentioned, we lead the league in offensive penalties.

Maybe Bob is not terrible, but sometimes you just need a change to shake things up. A fresh set of eyes to re-evaluate the talent and try some new plays. Even in the Bengals good years, I never remember this guy being a HC candidate. Why not? Does the rest of the NFL think very highly of him?
[/quote]

you shake things up by getting talented players that allow your coaches to actually execute a gameplan....

a new gameplan with the same shitty players isnt going to accomplish anything.. and nothing will be shaken up, its the same shitty players under performing..

i realize fans demand themselves to have a single reason to blame a failure on... but thats just not reality, at least not in this case..

he has show many years his success with palmer in the pass game.. he has shown in those same year the ability to balance the run into it (see rudi's stats those years)

he has proven he can do it with no options in the pass attack and having to force the run,

he has never had the blessing of a benson along with a great line to get both going at once..

all those comeback drives passing? bad plays? bad gameplan?

puhlease..

fans are gonna need another scapegoat for this one..

but most fans arent smart enough to name our 7-9 most used linemen, so i dont expect much rational thought on the matter..

fans are going to blindly point the finger at the OC, the steelers fans are doing it, the browns fans are doing it, etc.. both obviously had bigger issues than play callers and gameplans..

its ALMOST shocking, after seeing palmer get literally shredded last year in only 4 games, and our only line upgrade sitting out and being hurt over half the year, they expected the offense to explode with success?

where is the logic in this?

its beyond silly.

Archived