[url="http://twitter.com/WillAnderson79"][b][color="#0a0501"]WillAnderson79[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] @[url="http://twitter.com/JohnThornton"][color="#0a0501"]JohnThornton[/color][/url] Hell! We played 5 and six years with CP. We shoulda been in playoffs 3 times! And still same ole stuff happening!
[url="http://twitter.com/WillAnderson79/status/7576009152"]3 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://twitter.com/devices"]txt[/url]

[quote name='GoCommando' date='09 January 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1263085248' post='854849']
If thats the case then they need to fire Shepard and Zampese, at a minimum. No one on offense, save for Benson, has improved in the last 2 years. Simpson hasnt seen the field in 2 years when this team obviously really, REALLY needed him...or SOMEONE. Why these guys still employed?
[/quote]

JT hit it right, it's time to go get Hue. Shephard's got to go, too. I think Brat has just gotten stale. They have talent, they just didn't get them in the right situations on enough ocasions. That I have to blame coaching for. We can do better.

[quote name='GoCommando' date='09 January 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1263085248' post='854849']
If thats the case then they need to fire Shepard and Zampese, at a minimum. No one on offense, save for Benson, has improved in the last 2 years. Simpson hasnt seen the field in 2 years when this team obviously really, REALLY needed him...or SOMEONE. Why these guys still employed?
[/quote]

And this. The O regressed as much because of poor coaching as it did from talent. The online discussion happened earlier this week and where is the Problem. Whit is good, maybe LG, Bobbie is still good, and Andre at RT. So is it still the center. Are we still blind because of guycheck? I don't think the oline is that lacking. A future replacement for Bobbie (wasn't the reason this year) and maybe an upgrade at LG/LT. That's it. Palmer has definately regressed since Anderson left. Zampese must go.

It wasn't Brat that air mailed the ball to the WO's, or fumbled, or threw picks, or got antsy in the pocket, or dropped cathces, or missed kicks, or couldn't kick off, or couldn't get in the face of a rookie QB. It was on the players, the crowd showed up in support and there wasn't much heart from the O that I saw.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='09 January 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1263086339' post='854898']
I don't think Brat needs to be fired.
I think this was the last year of his contract.
If so, I would be for letting him go and bring in Hue Jackson.

Regardless if Brat is let go or not, [color="#FF0000"]Sheppard needs to go.[/color]
[/quote]

Testify!!!!!!!

[quote name='MrDingleDangle' date='09 January 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1263086918' post='854927']
How can anyone defend Brat if even previous players are saying he is the problem?
[/quote]

yeah willies comments are pretty telling

<sarcasm>
of couse he is just old and bitter
</sarcasm>

Dude! Like you're allowed to call out the board 'elite'.. They obviously have more football knowledge then the rest of us because they own the board or moderate or have no other life but to post here. How could you ever call into question if Brat is actually a capable OC! I know I don't have a valid opinion because I had to move to Idaho for work so I can't make it to Cincy 8 times a year. This clearly makes me NOT a real fan and a complete fucking idiot.

Brat sucks. Anyone defending him or shayne anymore clearly has an agenda or actually are complete idiots. But again, I'm just a (insert an insecure Go insult that's completely unheralded here) because I didn't go to the game so wtf could I know.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='09 January 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1263085648' post='854866']

[url="http://twitter.com/WillAnderson79"][b][color="#0a0501"]WillAnderson79[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Marvin wanted to hire him last year but Marvin found out at last minute that he couldn't fire any coaches on offense! Hue was WR coach i ...
[url="http://twitter.com/WillAnderson79/status/7575651043"]3 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://twitter.com/devices"]txt[/url]

[/quote]

This is why Mike Brown is playing w/ fire...

[quote name='Yanks' date='09 January 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1263087079' post='854937']
Dude! Like you're allowed to call out the board 'elite'.. They obviously have more football knowledge then the rest of us because they own the board or moderate or have no other life but to post here. How could you ever call into question if Brat is actually a capable OC! I know I don't have a valid opinion because I had to move to Idaho for work so I can't make it to Cincy 8 times a year. This clearly makes me NOT a real fan and a complete fucking idiot.

Brat sucks. Anyone defending him or shayne anymore clearly has an agenda or actually are complete idiots. But again, I'm just a (insert an insecure Go insult that's completely unheralded here) because I didn't go to the game so wtf could I know.
[/quote]
I get where you are going, but I've got two former players saying the same thing. Kind of makes them look like asses.

[quote name='Yanks' date='09 January 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1263087079' post='854937']

[/quote]

Man, you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. The guys on this board are cool as shit. Even when they get into debates, you are allowed to say what you think with little fear of repercussions. If you want to bitch, just bitch. Or eat potatoes, you Idaho asshat.

P.S. I probably agree with you on Brat and shayne but that is of no bearing on my post.

Here's the point Ken.. Threads like these are just ridiculously predictable. They all head the same way as soon as a few certain parties get involved. It's a laugh. As far as the potatoes, I still haven't had one since I've been here... but maybe buying a bag and throwing them at my dumb steelers fan neighbors house would make me feel better.

All I know is it can't get worse buy firing him

Teams that scored less per game then us
Chiefs
Jaguars
Seahawks
Redskins
Bills
Browns
Buccaneers
Raiders
Rams

the fact that we are in the same category with those teams means he should be fired (along with the Jaguars OC)

Panthers, Broncos, Bears, 49ers, Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, all scored more...we have more talent then any of those teams

Most of us here could predict the play The Bengals will run on 85% of downs. The Jets on the other hand, limited to a run-first offense with a rook QB consistently shook things up every few plays. With as many offensive vets as Brat has there's no reason to be so predictable. Fucking penalties too? Good grief.
Defend him if you fucking want but history sides with Brat sucking. Fire his ass.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' date='22 December 2009 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1261497798' post='846611']
subpar defense, despite a personnel disadvantage = hold leslie frazier and chuck bresnahan accountable, ultimately its on the coach, fired, new one hired (zimmer) that fixed the problem...

subpar offense for years, relative quality personnel = hold bratkowski responsible and accountable, ultimately its on him, fire him and bring in an offensive version of mike zimmer who gets things fixed...

bratkowski is not just a 'playcaller'. its HIS offense, his plays, his philosophy of how we counter the opponents strengths or how to exploit their weaknesses, how we adjust to in-game flow or tendencies or trends, disciplined play and how to counter the opponents game plan. these are the things we have been weak in for years, despite changes in players.

bring in a [u]good[/u] OC and we don't have to worry about this nonsense being a recurrent issue. could have stuck with bresnahan, especially after the year of all the lb's being injured, but they moved on; and now how happy are we with the development of the defense?
[/quote]

I recall some time ago, i called for hue jackson. i am happy to hear marvin wanted to get rid of brat last year and bring in hue. but then again, i have been calling for brat's head for the last 2 years and would have accepted ANYONE else. the jets OC had an outstanding game plan today. the play to shonne green for the 50 yard TD was outstanding play, and we used to do that play once upon a time. the play to their TE for their first TD was outstanding play. smart design and good time to call it. the play to their TE towards the end of the game for like 60 yards was an outstanding play and called at the perfect time. smart. that wasn't the players execution that originated the success of those plays, it comes from the coordinator and edwards should be credited.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='09 January 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1263089407' post='855018']
All of this is under the direction of Marvin Lewis. If Brat had his way, this offense wouldn't be much different than 2005. But we had to go conservative, so it is a joke now.

What a disaster...
[/quote]

even he knows he couldn't run the '05 offense right now due to the subpar oline play. the line then had steinbach at LG, braham at C, all pro levi jones at LT, and willie at RT. dem days is gone. but there are ways to slow down an opposing pass rush, but brat does not have it in his repertoire to do those things, i.e. screen passes, well disguised draw plays, hard sell play actions and slants and outs from 3 step drops. then, the out and up works, the pass rush thinks twice and slows down, and other things open up. this is basic football, not prostate excision without impairing sexual function.

CP has regressed and i think it has a lot to do with his coaching. he actually used to be at his best when he moved out of the pocket, on the run, with spontaneous/instinctive long passes rolling out... recall the comeback win against baltimore with 24 points in the 4th quarter. DAMN, 24 points in a GAME would be nice every once in a while these days!

***someone make "FIRE BOB" tshirts, and lets take this campaign to the streets***

Archived