Whos happy with Gresham

Jermaine Gresham  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Jermaine Gresham as our pick

[quote name='cwing' date='22 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271988094' post='881020']
Yes and no --------- Yes, we got a potentially great player at a position of need. No ---- doesn't this say last years #3 was a wasted pick?
[/quote]

Exactly. We got all that potential last season and Bob Bratkowski never saw fit to put Chase into a game despite our major issues in the passing game.

Oh, I don't know, line him up as a wideout like he did throughout his prolific college career? Crazy thought, there. 'Cuz we had all cylinders clicking in the passing game last season when we ran (literally) into a wall at the WR position. Don't be creative, Bob, just keep fitting square pegs into round holes!

It'll work eventually!

I hate this pick, not that Gresham isn't awesome...he is.

I thought for sure we'd pick WR or defense the way this draft was playing out.

I can only hope this signals in a new era whereby the TE is [i]actually used as a receiving threat[/i]. God only knows. Bob could screw that up too.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='22 April 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1271988861' post='881085']
Even if he can't block, flex him out as our 3rd WR in the slot. He's probably better than Caldwell.
[/quote]

Hello Bob Bratkowski!!! Why didn't we do that [i]last[/i] year with Chase Coffman?

Seriously, I don't really like this pick. We needed a TE, but now I feel like we are the Raiders selecting a FG kicker in the 1st round.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 April 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1271989155' post='881104']
Hello Bob Bratkowski!!! [b]Why didn't we do that [i]last[/i] year with Chase Coffman?[/b]

Seriously, I don't really like this pick. We needed a TE, but now I feel like we are the Raiders selecting a FG kicker in the 1st round.
[/quote]

he was injured.

I'm happy with it. A little concerned with Gresham missing last year due to injury, but I vividly remember his 2 TD performance against Florida in the National Championship game two years ago. Considering the current options at TE on the roster, this pick was a good use of matching need with talent.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='22 April 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1271989282' post='881115']
so many freaking out about the Bengals making a safe pick that's going to be an offensive weapon for Carson.
[/quote]

I know...part of me loves it, part of me is annoyed.

Dont get how anyone could really be upset about this pick, but people will bitch about anything i guess.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='23 April 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1271989155' post='881104']
Hello Bob Bratkowski!!! Why didn't we do that [i]last[/i] year with Chase Coffman?

[/quote]
He was INJURED.

Why in the fuck does everyone seem to forget this simple fucking fact?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='22 April 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1271989493' post='881126']
I know...part of me loves it, part of me is annoyed.

Dont get how anyone could really be upset about this pick, but people will bitch about anything i guess.
[/quote]

yep. Totally understand how some people wanted other players more. But its not like they pulled a Jacksonville.

They took the consensus best player at a position they needed. I guarantee you Carson is smiling right now.

Is it everyone's favorite pick? No, but is it a bad pick? Hell no.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='22 April 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1271989974' post='881151']
He was INJURED.

Why in the fuck does everyone seem to forget this simple fucking fact?
[/quote]

Well Coffman was injured. But the Coffman can't touch Gresham, it's not even close. Coffman can still play a role but these wackos that somehow think Coffman would have been whatever are off base.

Gresham is simple the blue chip prospect was last year and was this year. It's a blessing he fell to 21.

[quote name='scharm' date='23 April 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1271990174' post='881160']
Well Coffman was injured. But the Coffman can't touch Gresham, it's not even close. Coffman can still play a role but these wackos that somehow think Coffman would have been whatever are off base.

Gresham is simple the blue chip prospect was last year and was this year. It's a blessing he fell to 21.
[/quote]
If we can get them on the field together, and either can block worth a lick, Benson is going to be one happy man.

Coffman may not be a blue-chipper, but he wasn't supposed to be, either. But he is another mismatch for the D, which will keep teams honest against us.

We've got playmakers at every position on O. What's not to like about that?

Can you imagine how good this D will be if the O can convert some third downs and keep them off the field? And wow, do we have some potential for third downs now.

September cannot get here fast enough.

[quote name='Bengal Chris' date='22 April 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1271990224' post='881162']
I'm very happy with this pick. First of all we gave Carson a really good young weapon. Also he can block from what I have seen, which helps alot since our line was awful last year.
[/quote]
Great pick..Hands down the best TE in the country and we got him @ # 21..For those of you who have been Bengals fans for more than 25 years we all remember that Anthony Munoz was hurt his last two years @ USC..He only turned out to be one of the top 5 left tackles of all time..This was a great pick..Solid character who can play..

Ec-frickin-static, period. I've watched every snap this guy has taken for the 3 years he suited up for OU & CANNOT wait to see him don the stripes. Obviously, only time will tell, but I wholeheartedly believe that there'll be a whole lot more people who end up happy with him than not by the time his time in Cincy is closed.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 April 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1271989047' post='881097']
Exactly. We got all that potential last season and Bob Bratkowski never saw fit to put Chase into a game despite our major issues in the passing game.

Oh, I don't know, line him up as a wideout like he did throughout his prolific college career? Crazy thought, there. 'Cuz we had all cylinders clicking in the passing game last season when we ran (literally) into a wall at the WR position. Don't be creative, Bob, just keep fitting square pegs into round holes!

It'll work eventually!

I hate this pick, not that Gresham isn't awesome...he is.

I thought for sure we'd pick WR or defense the way this draft was playing out.

[b]I can only hope this signals in a new era whereby the TE is [i]actually used as a receiving threat[/i]. God only knows. Bob could screw that up too.[/b]
[/quote]

I keep hearing/seeing people saying this, but who have we had at the position exactly that would warrant being featured in the offense?

Would [i]you[/i] design plays for the TE's we have had over the years? We have thrown to them, as much as their receiving talent warranted.

For years I have read countless posts bitching about how we don't utilize the TE position enough to take advantage of match ups and keep defenses honest, and then when we [i]DO[/i] draft a threat at that position, pretty much the exact same people are having a melt down over it..

:crazy:

[quote name='bengaled' date='22 April 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1271993417' post='881253']
this, but i still would have preferred the BPA...dez.
[/quote]

You are making the assumption that we did not select the BPA according to our war room.. In that case it is a wait and see scenario at best for you considering some very sharp minds would be disagreeing with you.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='22 April 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1271987851' post='880987']
Fuck yeah!

Come on guys, they sent Dennis fucking Roland out for passes at TE last year.

nah, lotta 2nd round WR talent. No reason to trade up unless you don't want all your picks.
[/quote]

dennis roland played TE because our OL sucks. still does.

lots of 2nd round WR talent but we need to find a WR who can be chads replacement and Dez or Thomas would have been perfect fits for that.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='22 April 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1271993814' post='881264']
dennis roland played TE because our OL sucks. still does.

lots of 2nd round WR talent but we need to find a WR who can be chads replacement and Dez or Thomas would have been perfect fits for that.
[/quote]

Lots of 2nd round guard talent as well.. And the line sucked mostly because Andre wasn't ready to take over RT.. He will be next year and will be better than anyone we could have gotten in this draft at that position..

We need a LG and a future replacement for BW at RG.. We still have at least 2 picks left which can be counted on to provide a solid starter..

Archived