Whos happy with Gresham

Jermaine Gresham  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Jermaine Gresham as our pick

Fuck yeah!

Come on guys, they sent Dennis fucking Roland out for passes at TE last year.

[quote name='cassanos' date='22 April 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1271987647' post='880970']
2nd and 3rd rounds better be KILLER!
...and the Ravens better not get Dez

Im VERY happy if we trade up to get Dez
[/quote]

nah, lotta 2nd round WR talent. No reason to trade up unless you don't want all your picks.

[quote name='cassanos' date='22 April 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1271987964' post='881003']
Im not a big fan of taking a player that was injured and miss a whole damn season in the first round...im crazy like that.

How about a fully healthy guy to start perhaps
[/quote]

Jamie can chime in here. Like Carson, his knees are now stronger post surgery than they were before he got injured...

Really, his knees aren't an issue at all. They wouldn't make the pick without doing a hell of a lot of checks on him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='22 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271988112' post='881024']
Jamie can chime in here. Like Carson, his knees are now stronger post surgery than they were before he got injured...

Really, his knees aren't an issue at all. They wouldn't make the pick without doing a hell of a lot of checks on him.
[/quote]

So long as he doesnt reinjure the knees they will be fine

[quote name='cwing' date='22 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271988094' post='881020']
Yes and no --------- Yes, we got a potentially great player at a position of need. No ---- doesn't this say last years #3 was a wasted pick?
[/quote]

hey stranger.

Am I missing the new rule where two TE's aren't allowed on the field at the same time? Heck, we ran a few THREE TE's sets last year.

Gresham was money in the red zone at Oklahoma and can create some serious match up issues for defenses. With the addition of Antonio Bryant and now Jermaine Gresham I believe our offense has taken a step forward. Now lets focus on the Defense and O-line. Good pick.

Like I posted elsewhere...

Last 10 first rounds picks at TE:
Brandon Pettigrew
Dustin Keller
Greg Olsen
Vernon Davis
Marcedes Lewis
Heath Miller
Kellen Winslow
Ben Watson
Dallas Clark
Jeremy Shockey

At least half of those guys qualify as GREAT TEs, and all of them are good.

At least we didn't fuck up like the Broncos just did, though.

[quote name='Jason' date='22 April 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1271988745' post='881080']
We strengthened a position of need without taking a character risk.

I'm ok with it.
[/quote]

not to mention Bryant's agent was Eugene Parker, and like Crabtree, he was likely to want a heck of a lot more money than the slot he got drafted at.

I'll take him. Good Character kid, good production, fits a need, and was arguably the best player available. If Chase has learned to block a little, third and three is now a big play down for the Bengals.

P.S. I'm even more happy since Dez went to Dallas.

Archived