Best Game Ever Played?

Tigris

Top 5 Best Ever - best games you've ever played

Top 5 Memorable - remember playing back in the day, maybe not the best, but extremely cool for a short while

[u]Top 5 Best Ever[/u]

1. Age of Empires 2 - PC
2. Twisted Metal 2 - PS2
3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - XBOX 360
4. Goldeneye 007 - N64
5. Socom 2 - PS2

I remember Twisted Metal 2 was the first car game where I wasn't confined to a snake track... I remember playing in Hong Kong and turning down a street and thinking, "WTF, no way!!" It was amazing. Socom 2 was my first online game outside of the PC. It laid the building blocks of ruining my social life. Goldeneye was obviously a fan favorite at the time and Oblivion's graphics made me turn from a PS guy to an Xbox guy.

[u]Top 5 Most Memorable[/u]

1. Donkey Kong Country - SUPER NES
2. LightForce - NES
3. Zelda: The Ocarina of Time - N64
4. Earthworm Jim (the first one) - SUPER NES
5. Mike Tyson's Punch Out

I just get a good feeling when I think about these Most Memorable games. Not that I even liked them the most... they just take me back.

Twisted Metal is a PS1 game, my bad.

Also, Crash Bandicoot (PS1-2, can't remember)

Golden Axe (SEGA GENESIS)
Mario Kart (SUPER NES)
Little Nemo the Dream Master (NES I THINK)

I also remember this Flintstones game and this game with the Domino's guy... those were fun.

I haven't played a lot of video games since I was a teenager. But Twisted Metal, Mario Kart (64), Goldeneye and Super Mario were my crack growing up. The original Resident Evil also kicked a lot of ass.

Also Mortal Combat, NBA Jam, Sonic and Joe and Mac were the bomb.

In no particular order:

Diablo II (first multiplayer game me and the kids played together)
Heroes of Might & Magic III (still play it occasionally)
Baldur's Gate II (finished it with three or four different characters)
World of Warcraft (me and the kids played this together for at least a year)
Medieval Total War II (the ultimate 'one more turn' game)

Honorable mention:
Might and Magic series
Age of Empires II
Wolfenstien series
Sierra's Football Pro series - it was Madden before Madden

I remeber hockey for nintendo... you could fight and everything I believe. Maybe it was Mario Hockey or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruo6lchKCEk

edit: the fighting may have been a mismemory... dont know yet

there was also a dodgeball game that was cool

Depends on the type

RPG - Mass Effect 2

Adventure - Mario (except 2, never liked 2), Tomb Raider games, Splinter Cell series

FPS - Any of the Halo games, or Ghost Recon

Sports - The 2k football series, old school blades of steel

Fighting - Marval vs Capcom, Street Fighter series

Some old school classic honorable mentions
Ninja Turtles (the one that was originally an arcade game)
Double Dragon
Legend Of Zelda

[quote name='Tigris' date='06 July 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1278432639' post='895996']
I remeber hockey for nintendo... you could fight and everything I believe. Maybe it was Mario Hockey or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruo6lchKCEk

edit: the fighting may have been a mismemory... dont know yet

there was also a dodgeball game that was cool
[/quote]

on the one where you picked your lineup from the really big, fat, slow bruiser guy, medium, average at everything medium sized guy, or the skinny, fast, easy to knock off his slap-shot weakling then yes it did have the "brawls"...

forgot about that game.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='06 July 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1278434772' post='896000']
Depends on the type

RPG - Mass Effect 2

Adventure - Mario (except 2, never liked 2), Tomb Raider games, Splinter Cell series

FPS - Any of the Halo games, or Ghost Recon

Sports - The 2k football series, old school blades of steel

Fighting - Marval vs Capcom, Street Fighter series

Some old school classic honorable mentions
Ninja Turtles (the one that was originally an arcade game)
Double Dragon
Legend Of Zelda
[/quote]

I think I am the only one who hated Mass Effect. I doubt I even put 2 hours in it... that's how bad I thought it sucked. Tomb Raider was fun for the PS1. Lara Croft's house and training course was so much fun. I remember going under Lara's house and found this room in between two huge fish aquariums that had a key for the 4 wheeler!

I guess you'd have to break it down between consoles and PC's, too. And maybe even arcade games.

Best and most memorable PC Games I've played:

Battlefield 1942
Call Of Duty Series
Bioshock 1 and 2
Fallout 3
Crysis

Console Games:

Madden Football in all its system iterations
Atari 2600 Combat
Intellivision D&D
All the Lego games (Star Wars, Indy Jones, Batman)
Donkey Kong

Arcade Games:
Donkey Kong
The Gauntlet
Missile Command
Defender
Star Castle
Asteroids
Punch Out
Battlezone
Space Invaders
Galaga
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
Joust

[quote name='Tigris' date='06 July 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1278438401' post='896008']
I think I am the only one who hated Mass Effect. I doubt I even put 2 hours in it... that's how bad I thought it sucked. Tomb Raider was fun for the PS1. Lara Croft's house and training course was so much fun. I remember going under Lara's house and found this room in between two huge fish aquariums that had a key for the 4 wheeler!
[/quote]

The first or the 2nd?

The first was good, but the 2nd was amazing!!

[quote name='Bunghole' date='06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1278439936' post='896014']
I guess you'd have to break it down between consoles and PC's, too. And maybe even arcade games.

Best and most memorable PC Games I've played:

Battlefield 1942
Call Of Duty Series
Bioshock 1 and 2
Fallout 3
Crysis

Console Games:

Madden Football in all its system iterations
Atari 2600 Combat
Intellivision D&D
All the Lego games (Star Wars, Indy Jones, Batman)
Donkey Kong

Arcade Games:
Donkey Kong
The Gauntlet
Missile Command
Defender
Star Castle
Asteroids
Punch Out
Battlezone
Space Invaders
Galaga
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter
Joust
[/quote]

I keep hearing good things about those legos games.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='06 July 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1278442469' post='896021']
I keep hearing good things about those legos games.
[/quote]

They are a great compromise for a guy like me with kids to play along with them. No blood or guts (just lego pieces blowing apart), puzzles, humorous references to the movies/shows they are based off of, etc. They are a lot of fun.

SNES Super Metroid

Playstaton 2 (and I'm sure others) Final Fantasy VII (one of the best stories all time imo)

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='06 July 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1278451333' post='896035']
My son (and I) love the Star Wars Lego game for the Wii
[/quote]

just picked that up about a week ago. Been pretty enjoyable. Very detailed.

The GTA series..well at least until the last one came out.
MLB The show. That game single-handedly makes me want a PS3. Pair that with the fact that Twisted Metal is coming back and I might have to make it happen.
COD:WaW is is awesome. MW2..not so much.

Atari: Decathlon and Pitfall

Coleco: Donkey Kong

Arcade: Ajax

Commodore 64: Some spy game where if the guy checked the toilet it looked like he was taking a leak. Great fun in '83 or thereabouts.

PS1: Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 2

PS3: I'm just going to stop now as I've already established the fact that I'm old and nothing I say regarding games going forward is relevant...

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
3. Twisted Metal Series
4. Command and Conquer (Loved Red Alert 2 with Yuri's revenge, and played the crap out of Command and Conquer Generals)
5. All grand theft auto, including the top down versions

Honorable mention: Zelda, Mario Kart, and old school Need for Speed. Oh, and I can't forget Halo.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='06 July 2010 - 03:43 PM' timestamp='1278445400' post='896025']
They are a great compromise for a guy like me with kids to play along with them. No blood or guts (just lego pieces blowing apart), puzzles, humorous references to the movies/shows they are based off of, etc. They are a lot of fun.
[/quote]

They sure do get old though...my wife and I have played probably four of them, they're all the same game, just different characters that don't talk.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='07 July 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1278478395' post='896079']
1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
3. Twisted Metal Series
4. Command and Conquer (Loved Red Alert 2 with Yuri's revenge, and played the crap out of Command and Conquer Generals)
5. All grand theft auto, including the top down versions

Honorable mention: Zelda, Mario Kart, and old school Need for Speed. Oh, and I can't forget Halo.
[/quote]

Great list. Not sure about Comm and Conq though. Never played them. A friend in my dorm played the hell out of it, though. I just never got that interested.

Archived