Carson Wants Out

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1295836325' post='964527']
So after looking at one of the comments at the bengalsinsider page that talked about the Browns 90% of them hiring Mike McCoy, a reader mentioned that Mike McCoy already announced he was going to stay in Denver, so I'm not so sure of the validity of the site.
[/quote]

Lol. I think it gives them more validity. If their info is coming from the Bengals front office. We all know how good the Bengals front office is. Its rated right on par with the training staff and team doctors.

Carson Palmer has arguably, represented this franchise as well as anyone, ever. He has so much class and has never folded/rolled over on his teammates. Chad is a complete joke and his tweet carries racial overtones. Mike Brown is the biggest waste of an opportunity/golden spoon in the history of the NFL. I am sitting in disbelief just shaking my head. Mike Brown should just pack up at this point. I have had season tickets the past 7 seasons and wish I could take every penny back at this point. How can somebody be so clueless in the world today? What is his goal in life? He has more money than any of us dream about. The true shame is that so many people care about his team.........I wish I could feel this passionate about another team but I cannot. Mike Brown, I pray that one day you wake up and finally realize that you have from an entertainment standpoint, ruined lives on a level that cannot be surpassed. Please take your head out of your backside and get a clue

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1295835184' post='964507']
We need to concentrate on drafting the best defensive players this draft and no matter what happens, ...punt on trying to fill the QB role this draft.

We don't need these QB's this draft but we definitely need to strengthen our D into one of the top 5 in the league.

I say build a stingy defense, ...forget anything else!
[/quote]

I would agree if I were making the decisions but I ain't. If Carson actually goes then we are in very bad shape. We have NOTHING to fill the spot and my fear is Cam Newton will be picked for his athletic ability and to sell tickets. In any case we will need at least a passable QB next year if Carson and Ced leave.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295820043' post='964305']
As a rule, most NFL players do not get involved in other players business when it comes to business side of football.
[/quote]

Favre does, he caused Javon Walker to not get a contract extension and then Walker proceeded to get hurt.

I just wanted to interject some Favre douchiness in this sad thread. Carry on.

Damn! Just spent the last hour reading through this thread..... Not anything to add vs. what has already been said. But I will say good for Carson IF it is true. Maybe he can accomplish what Marvin didnt have the balls to do. If he can't accomplish what he wants I hope he moves to another team and has great success. It will give me another team to follow.

And no one bash me, because I have been loyal to this team since 1968. But after that press conference with Marvin & Mike and the status quo, I will not blame anyone for moving on.....

Sad sad day........

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1295809993' post='964123']
Bengaled is a moron. The guy had put his blood, sweat, and tears out there for this team. Its not about the money. Obviously. If it was, he'd be quiet and get ready for next season. He want to win and wants to be part of an organization that wants to win. Simple as that. You're so blind to the fact that this organization doesn't care about winning that when the fuckin face of te organization even
states it, you ignore him. Don't be stupid

[/quote]

Same things can be said about 85. I love how Chad is a whiny bitch but Carson is just trying to win. What a fucking joke. I'm not proud of the way either of them have handled themselves, but I sure hate to lose them both.
MULLY

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295839356' post='964599']
i don't think that enters into it. if you're clearly the #1 pick, you know with certainty you're going to a team that's in need of a lot of help. you don't change that by waiting another year.
[/quote]

I agree......it probably wasn't a factor. I also agree that teams drafting in that position need a lot of help. But if you think about it.......not many teams need the help WHERE this team needs it. That being the front office.

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1295839552' post='964604']
Carson Palmer has arguably, represented this franchise as well as anyone, ever. He has so much class and has never folded/rolled over on his teammates. Chad is a complete joke and his tweet carries racial overtones. Mike Brown is the biggest waste of an opportunity/golden spoon in the history of the NFL. I am sitting in disbelief just shaking my head. Mike Brown should just pack up at this point. I have had season tickets the past 7 seasons and wish I could take every penny back at this point. How can somebody be so clueless in the world today? What is his goal in life? He has more money than any of us dream about. The true shame is that so many people care about his team.........I wish I could feel this passionate about another team but I cannot. Mike Brown, I pray that one day you wake up and finally realize that you have from an entertainment standpoint, ruined lives on a level that cannot be surpassed. Please take your head out of your backside and get a clue.
[/quote]

:thumbsup: :bowdown:

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1295840590' post='964613']
I would agree if I were making the decisions but I ain't. If Carson actually goes then we are in very bad shape. We have NOTHING to fill the spot and my fear is Cam Newton will be picked for his athletic ability and to sell tickets. In any case we will need at least a passable QB next year if Carson and Ced leave.
[/quote]

If we pick up the best D picks this year then we can pick up Luck next year (literally and figuratively).

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1295841765' post='964621']
Damn! Just spent the last hour reading through this thread..... Not anything to add vs. what has already been said. But I will say good for Carson IF it is true. Maybe he can accomplish what Marvin didnt have the balls to do. If he can't accomplish what he wants I hope he moves to another team and has great success. It will give me another team to follow.

And no one bash me, because I have been loyal to this team since 1968. But after that press conference with Marvin & Mike and the status quo, I will not blame anyone for moving on.....

Sad sad day........
[/quote]

not sure i'll follow that route, but i couldn't criticize your decision. i'm lifer too, and today has certainly been a day when i've thought a lot of these things out. you're cool by me either way, phat.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1295842425' post='964628']
Same things can be said about 85. I love how Chad is a whiny bitch but Carson is just trying to win. What a fucking joke. I'm not proud of the way either of them have handled themselves, but I sure hate to lose them both.
MULLY
[/quote]

Comparing Chad to Carson is a joke. Carson isn't texting people saying " I would look good in black and silver" and bullshit like Chad does. Carson isn't crying about being thrown under a bus or anything close. Carson didn't spend an entire summer with a tampon in between his legs crying to get traded. Carson doesn't take plays off or run shitty routes.

Chad is a whiny bitch or a media whore 24/7. Carson and I am guessing his wife are tired of this circus and the way he was treated this year by the fans. There is a huge difference.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1295842651' post='964635']
If we pick up the best D picks this year then we can pick up Luck next year (literally and figuratively).
[/quote]

I don't see it happening. Too much of a crap shoot to wait for Luck and our schedule is pretty easy next year. We won't have the worst record.

You can't wait around for a QB in this league particularly if you are a Coach who is probably on a short leash now to win something.

I think CP is just trying to do what pussy marvin lewis couldnt do, get some damn changes. Hes calling out mike brown, either let me have some input on offensive coaches and start running this team like a nfl team should be ran, or trade me and keep running your team like an incompetent old man, watch your team stay in the cellar for another decade. Could be a major event in bengals history

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295842835' post='964638']
not sure i'll follow that route, but i couldn't criticize your decision. i'm lifer too, and today has certainly been a day when i've thought a lot of these things out. you're cool by me either way, phat.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. I will always be a Bengals fan. As frustrating as it is. I just won't blame fans for moving on. And if the rumor is true about Carson it only reinforces all fans frustration..... But I will be here tomorrow and forever. It is in my blood.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1295843344' post='964647']
Don't get me wrong. I will always be a Bengals fan. As frustrating as it is. I just won't blame fans for moving on. And if the rumor is true about Carson it only reinforces all fans frustration..... [b]But I will be here tomorrow and forever. It is in my blood.[/b]
[/quote]

Good to hear Phat.. And I am glad to see you posting more again.. Always one of my favorite peeps around here.

[quote]Carson update 2
Sorry I'm late in posting this, I've been very busy on the phones and emailing. We learned about an hour ago from not one, but both of our sources in the Bengals front office that when Carson's agent David Dunn talked to the Bengals about exploring the possibilities of a trade, that he gave a list of 3 teams that Carson really wanted to go to. Again, it is important to make the distinction that Palmer has not "demanded" a trade, but merely proposed the possibility because he isn't happy with the offense as is, as we previously reported. The list of teams that were given were: Seattle, Arizona and San Francisco.

As far as the statements made by ESPN that he would retire, we have heard that those statements were based on his wife telling friends that she wants him to retire soon. Our sources have not heard Carson or his agent say anything close to that to the organization. The reason for the list of teams being given, were so that if both sides agree that a trade was necessary, that they would know that he wanted to end up on a west coast team. Our sources feel that the retaining of Bratkowski is what pushed Palmer to even explore the possibility. He was very, very unhappy when he found out (infuriated was the word the sources used).

But, if Childress is hired and Bratkowski is let go, then maybe Carson feels better about the situation. Remember, he wasn't exactly happy when Brown approached his agent about a pay cut, so there is some fence mending that needs to be done and Mike Brown is the only one that can do it.

On a side note, I have received a couple emails wanting to know who my sources are. If I were to say who they are, then I would no longer be considered trustworthy and would gather no more inside information. What I can tell you, without revealing names, is that there are 2 of them and they know the organization inside and out! [/quote]

Bengals inside blogspot again, FWIW. They were completely wrong on an earlier post about Cleveland and an OC.

What I can gather is that we would be better off getting rid of Bob so we can retain guys like Ced and keep Carson happy. Also, we need to start grooming a QB because Carson probably is done after playing his contract out. 3 kids and all the way across country from his family. Kellen Moore please..

[quote name='Bengal Cat' timestamp='1295843446' post='964648']
One thing that might favor Cam Newton: If the Bengals are going to do as little to protect the next QB (offensive line) as they have Carson since '05, your next QB better damn well have some athletic/scrambling ability.
[/quote]

Thats what Im saying, could be tom brady back there, cant make the throw when your on your ass or running for your life. Bring in cam newton, let him create

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1295843028' post='964643']
I don't see it happening. Too much of a crap shoot to wait for Luck and our schedule is pretty easy next year. We won't have the worst record.

You can't wait around for a QB in this league particularly if you are a Coach who is probably on a short leash now to win something.
[/quote]

...who says Luck won't get hurt this coming season, ...it's a long way to the '012 draft.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1295843133' post='964644']
I think CP is just trying to do what pussy marvin lewis couldnt do, get some damn changes. Hes calling out mike brown, either let me have some input on offensive coaches and start running this team like a nfl team should be ran, or trade me and keep running your team like an incompetent old man, watch your team stay in the cellar for another decade.
[/quote]

I think it is more than that. He got booed like crazy this year and the report of garbage in his yard are troubling. If some assholes were doing that with my wife and kids in the house I would be pissed to say the least.

If I were set for life and could go where ever I wanted I would certainly think about it particularly if I thought the company I was working for was fucked up and there might be a better opportunity elsewhere. Worse case you move somewhere you love and retire on your massive earnings and pension.

Why put yourself thru another year of the BS? He probably thinks this team is a lost cause and the fans don't give a shit about him anyways.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1295843562' post='964652']
...who says Luck won't get hurt this coming season, ...it's a long way to the '012 draft.
[/quote]

Yeah and there is that too. There isn't a "we are going to draft player X [b]next year[/b] with the first pick of the draft" in any organization's playbook. Well, besides Matt Millen's.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1295843543' post='964650']
Bengals inside blogspot again, FWIW. They were completely wrong on an earlier post about Cleveland and an OC.

What I can gather is that we would be better off getting rid of Bob so we can retain guys like Ced and keep Carson happy. Also, we need to start grooming a QB because Carson probably is done after playing his contract out. 3 kids and all the way across country from his family. Kellen Moore please..
[/quote]

I still don't understand why Brad Childress is considered a good replacement for Brat. His team sucked balls and laid down on him this year. He didn't even call plays in Philly, Andy Reid did. I guess I would take him over Brat at this point but lets not forget Carson's contract is not guaranteed while Brat's is.

Childress looks like Brat ver 2.0 to me.

Archived