OT: Tressel Resigns

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1307982703' post='997156']
Kudos to you then... if you do this same thing for[b] EVERY[/b] customer of yours that needs a loaner vehicle or whatever then you're showing exemplary customer service and will see the returns from that. And, being that there'd be a paper trail to support the claim that EVERY customer had the same opportunity as a popular player, etc. then the player and the school wouldn't be in any trouble.

That is a win, win, win. For you, the player, and the school. My only question in regard to Pryor would be - how big a piece of shit could he drive that he's needing loaners like 5-6 different times, a few times for weeks on end? I guess we'll see in about another year when the NCAA finally delivers their notification of findings...

Bingo. I was in retail. Couldn't stand the stress of one week your paycheck is jack shit, then the next week pretty good. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas... you're eating fat and happy. Summer - you're starving. My wife and I went to Disney world for a week in January on one week's commission pay back in 96/97.

I'll take my steady income direct deposited every other Thursday and know what I can expect in it.
[/quote]

Well, it's never EVERY, nor does the courts require it to be. To be totally frank, it's generally a customer that has done business with us multiple times, a person that refers business, or a customer that has a big need and isn't an asshole. If you act like I owe you something, you're probably not going to get in my good graces, but if you have a justifiable need, and you treat me with respect, then I'm going to do the same. I actually like helping people that need it.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1307983519' post='997159']
Well, it's never EVERY, nor does the courts require it to be. To be totally frank, it's generally a customer that has done business with us multiple times, a person that refers business, or a customer that has a big need and isn't an asshole. If you act like I owe you something, you're probably not going to get in my good graces, but if you have a justifiable need, and you treat me with respect, then I'm going to do the same. I actually like helping people that need it.
[/quote]

I agree with you... there are a lot of people that don't deserve it. Not sure how the NCAA looks at it though.

Not sure if it was posted and dont care to go through the entire thread to look so...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6656763&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

[quote]Terrelle Pryor hires Drew Rosenhaus

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor has hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and has taken steps toward making himself available for an NFL supplemental draft.

Pryor's lawyer, Larry James, said Monday that Pryor was in Miami and had signed an agreement with Rosenhaus, a high-powered agent who represents some of the biggest names in sports. His client list includes standout wide receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco along with former Ohio State running back and Pryor teammate Chris "Beanie" Wells, now with the Arizona Cardinals.

"I am happy that he has reached this point and he's in secure hands," James said of Pryor.

Pryor, James and at least two other people spent the past few days discussing the quarterback's options in terms of agents. Then Pryor flew to Miami on Sunday and signed a contract with Rosenhaus late on Monday morning.

James also formally notified Ohio State that Pryor had signed with an agent, which officially made the three-year starter ineligible in the eyes of the university and the NCAA. That clears the way for the next step in Pryor's hopes of making it into the NFL.

"The university declares him ineligible," James said. "Therefore, that is a prerequisite to being eligible for the supplemental draft."

Pryor announced last week that he would not return to the team for his senior season. He had already been suspended by Ohio State and the NCAA for the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits in the form of cash and discounted tattoos from a Columbus tattoo-parlor owner. The NCAA is investigating all aspects of Ohio State's athletic program, particularly the football team.

The probe led to the forced resignation of coach Jim Tressel on May 30. Tressel has admitted he knew his players were taking improper benefits but covered it up for more than nine months before Ohio State officials discovered his knowledge.

Rosenhaus did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Pryor cannot be signed as a free agent by an NFL team. The NFL, currently embroiled in a work stoppage with the players, will likely schedule a supplemental draft for July or August. The draft follows a similar pattern to that of the regular draft in the spring. The NFL team selecting Pryor would surrender its pick in the same round in the regular draft in 2012.

The 6-foot-6, 233-pounder from Jeannette, Pa., is Ohio State's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks, with 2,164 yards. He also matched Bobby Hoying's school record for touchdown passes with 57.

While marveling at his size and speed, many draft experts have questioned his footwork, his throwing motion, his arm strength and his ability to read defenses. Some have even said Pryor should forget about playing quarterback and shift to wide receiver, tight end or some other position.

NFL draft analyst and former Dallas Cowboys general manager Gil Brandt has his doubts about Pryor but takes a wait-and-see approach. He said there's no reason for Pryor to change positions -- at least not right away.

"See if he can play the position first of all. But for him to play the position, I think it's going to take a lot of training," he said. "It's going to take a person really dedicated to playing football. The things that I hear, he maybe doesn't have that type of dedication."[/quote]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1307982703' post='997156']
Kudos to you then... if you do this same thing for EVERY customer of yours that needs a loaner vehicle or whatever then you're showing exemplary customer service and will see the returns from that. And, being that there'd be a paper trail to support the claim that EVERY customer had the same opportunity as a popular player, etc. then the player and the school wouldn't be in any trouble.

That is a win, win, win. For you, the player, and the school. My only question in regard to Pryor would be - how big a piece of shit could he drive that he's needing loaners like 5-6 different times, a few times for weeks on end? I guess we'll see in about another year when the NCAA finally delivers their notification of findings...

Bingo. I was in retail. Couldn't stand the stress of one week your paycheck is jack shit, then the next week pretty good. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas... you're eating fat and happy. Summer - you're starving. My wife and I went to Disney world for a week in January on one week's commission pay back in 96/97.

[b]I'll take my steady income direct deposited every other Thursday and know what I can expect in it.[/b]
[/quote]

Indeed.

That, and I'm a horrible sales person. I did OK managing retail in a setting where people came in specifically for your product, they bought it and left, but if it's trying to upsell big ticket items or you don't pay the rent, I'm fucked.

If things were to go horribly awry and I had to find another job option, I would probably dig ditches rather than go back into retail. I'm just too goddamn old and cynical for that now.

Customer "My sextuple venti, non-fat, 7 pump mint, 3 pump bear semen, 2 and a half scoop aged Lithuanian crab testicle Mocha isn't hot enough"

Me: "Fuck you"

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1307977728' post='997138']
So lets see if I get this right. The Banker should not sell you his CD that pays 1% and locks your money up for 12 months, he should tell you to go on the internet and buy a no load bond fund that lets you have access to your money and pays you 3%. The Grocer should tell you that shouldn't buy his head of lettuce because it's a 1.19, you should drive down the street because the next guy has it for .99 cents. The lawn service that cuts your grass should tell you that he's $15 a month higher than the guy across town, and you should go to him. I can go on and on. Hell, you should have told your wife/significant other that you only make 40K a year, so she should go marry that geek that makes $150k. You guys have a non-profit mentality, in a profit society. Do you not understand that if someone wasn't selling whatever you do, at wherever you work, you wouldn't be getting paid? Even if you're a pastor, you better be selling! Ask the Catholic Church!

BTW, gator this isn't all about you, this is about all the crap being said on here. There's an old saying Those who do things others are unable or unwilling to do, will be able to live in a way that others can only dream of."
[/quote]

no problem. I definitely agree that you shouldn't be telling them to go to your competition (meijer commercials). A big portion of any sale is the service you get, so any salesman who works hard to earn his commission deserves more than someone just offering the bottom dollar.

to an extent I just hate the game of negotiating. I know that I'm eventually going to get what I want at the correct price, I just hate all the steps in between. I think that's why some people just pay what they're told, cause the extra savings isn't worth the aggrivation. It's like if they have to give you a good price, they're going to do the best to annoy you along the way. I'm generalizing here on a handful of the scum salesmen out there, but they ruin it for everyone.

the different prices at places like Kroger bother me also. You shouldn't need to swipe a card to get the sales price. Not much of an issue, but when I go on vacation and the local supermarket requires a card it wastes 10 minutes of my time to get one.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1307985742' post='997162']
Indeed.

That, and I'm a horrible sales person. I did OK managing retail in a setting where people came in specifically for your product, they bought it and left, but if it's trying to upsell big ticket items or you don't pay the rent, I'm fucked.

If things were to go horribly awry and I had to find another job option, I would probably dig ditches rather than go back into retail. I'm just too goddamn old and cynical for that now.

Customer "[b]My sextuple venti, non-fat, 7 pump mint, 3 pump bear semen, 2 and a half scoop aged Lithuanian crab testicle Mocha isn't hot enough"[/b]

[/quote]

:24: :24: :24:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1307985742' post='997162']
Customer "My sextuple venti, non-fat, 7 pump mint, 3 pump bear semen, 2 and a half scoop aged Lithuanian crab testicle Mocha isn't hot enough"

[/quote]

Damn, that's almost my exact order at SBUX, except, I go with the 6.25 pump's of mint instead of 7.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1307997376' post='997179']
Sexy Sax Man is the most awesome dude ever.

I now use Careless Whisper as my ringtone. People look at me like I'm all sorts of gay when my phone rings.
[/quote]

It's not the ringtone. It the Mike Leach t-shirt with a heart.

[b][size="5"]BMV: No wrongdoing in Ohio State car purchases
[/size][/b]
From AP
By [b]andrew welsh-huggins[/b] on June 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles says its investigation of Ohio State football players' car purchases found no evidence players received improper deals.

The agency undertook its review following allegations that two Columbus-area dealers sold vehicles to Ohio State athletes and family members at below market rates.

The BMV's 65-page report issued Tuesday said the certificates of titles for cars sold by Jack Maxton Chevrolet and Auto Direct to players and families accurately reflected the vehicles' sales prices.

Questions about players' car purchases arose in the wake of a scandal in which some players received cash and tattoos for autographs, championship rings and equipment.

[url="http://sports.ap.org/college-football/story?id=pb9845b5ed71c4f2d953456f7cf44ea74"]http://sports.ap.org/college-football/story?id=pb9845b5ed71c4f2d953456f7cf44ea74[/url]

Archived