Will people stop doubting Whitworth?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1321163992' post='1060873']
I am really lost why people can't just agree to disagree on this one. There is an entire school of thought with evidence on one side and one on the other. Both make arguments and you have discussion. It is ok to end it there. Bringing it back up is trolling.
[/quote]

Right - our side has the evidence of every game Whit has played, the evaluations of dozens of experts and other observers from Hall of Famers on down and you have one piece of paper copied from a 2004 scouting report.

At least now you are calling for a 'tie' - that's some progress.

Bringing it up isn't trolling, its comedy.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1321166133' post='1060881']

Right - our side has the evidence of every game Whit has played, the evaluations of dozens of experts and other observers from Hall of Famers on down and you have one piece of paper copied from a 2004 scouting report.

At least now you are calling for a 'tie' - that's some progress.

Bringing it up isn't trolling, its comedy.
[/quote]

Then you are not a troll. You are an internet bullie. That is far worse.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1321187054' post='1060891']
[b]Weston[/b]-if you cannot see the preponderance of evidence weighted against your argument on this topic, may I suggest law school?
[/quote]

Preponderance of evidence? That's absurd. The argument has always been that he is not a prototype LT because his lack of quickness. ONE report out of a million say he is and you go with that report and claim its the preponderance of evidence. You point to a handful of websites that say he is an all pro and the best LT and ignore the rest, including the one that has these absurd ol stats that you keep turning too that say that he is not. This is not a black or white situation. There are so many people on this damn board who can't see in the gray area. It's either 100% or 0%. It's ridiculous. The more enlightened have really been persuasive for me to see more of the gray. That he is doing this despite his limitations and that is all the more appealing for him. I think he can play LT well in the NFL.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1321199225' post='1060964']

Preponderance of evidence? That's absurd. The argument has always been that he is not a prototype LT because his lack of quickness. ONE report out of a million say he is and you go with that report and claim its the preponderance of evidence. You point to a handful of websites that say he is an all pro and the best LT and ignore the rest, including the one that has these absurd ol stats that you keep turning too that say that he is not. This is not a black or white situation. There are so many people on this damn board who can't see in the gray area. It's either 100% or 0%. It's ridiculous. The more enlightened have really been persuasive for me to see more of the gray. That he is doing this despite his limitations and that is all the more appealing for him. I think he can play LT well in the NFL.
[/quote]
No, the ONE REPORT you keep mentioning is the scouting report [b]you[/b] keep throwing out there as evidence of [b]your[/b] claims that he isn't a "prototypical" or whatever tackle and that he should be a guard. What THE REST OF US have been saying (and showing you legit cites for) is that [b]people who know what the fuck they are talking about[/b] (NFL coaches, other players, etc) are [i]not[/i] agreeing with your assertion, and neither do most of the fans here on the site. And Whitworth's play has fucking spoken for itself. He has been a stellar LT in the league, despite your assertions and you using old scouting reports as evidence for your lame argument.

This team just signed Whit to an extension to be their LT.

He has done an awesome job at LT. Plus he adds something that is invaluable as a leader.

People can go on about his lateral quickness, say there are better LTs in the NFL or whatever.

The fact is, Whit is getting noticed around the league for being "one of the Best" LTs in the game.

They're not going to draft his replacement anytime soon. They're not moving him to another
spot on the O-line anytime soon. And they shouldn't. He is a strength on the O-line, not a weakness.
He is a stud. And I for one am more than happy to not only have him on my team, but to have
him play LT for my team. Period.

That is all.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1321226804' post='1062336']

Are you serious?!?! He had one holding penalty vs Harrison and another hold that was [s]questionable at best [/s][b]fucking awful[/b]. How many times did you hear Harrison's name called today?
[/quote]

Fixt.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1321357177' post='1062593']
They troll. They are trollers. It's what they do. Please, for those of us who have them on ignore, please stop quoting their trolling. It defeats the purpose of the ignore function.
[/quote]

Its hilarious that you polled up a post that was nearly 12 hours old to say this.

Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth vs. Ravens LB Terrell Suggs — Whitworth has allowed only one sack this season and three over the past two years. He has allowed only one sack in 14 AFC North games since moving into the left tackle spot. Suggs has 6.5 sacks against the Bengals but only 1.5 since 2005.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/notes.htm

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1321535220' post='1063278']
Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth vs. Ravens LB Terrell Suggs — Whitworth has allowed only one sack this season and three over the past two years. He has allowed only one sack in 14 AFC North games since moving into the left tackle spot. Suggs has 6.5 sacks against the Bengals but only 1.5 since 2005.

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/notes.htm"]http://www.usatoday....ngals/notes.htm[/url]
[/quote]

on that note, James Harrison has 0 sacks on Whitworth.

[url="http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/ravens-notebook-suggs-has-run-into-a-wall-against-whitworth/article_788de68e-12a8-11e1-9657-001cc4c002e0.html?cbst=38#.TselpO7NltM"]http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/ravens-notebook-suggs-has-run-into-a-wall-against-whitworth/article_788de68e-12a8-11e1-9657-001cc4c002e0.html?cbst=38#.TselpO7NltM[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321707848' post='1063874']

on that note, James Harrison has 0 sacks on Whitworth.

[url="http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/ravens-notebook-suggs-has-run-into-a-wall-against-whitworth/article_788de68e-12a8-11e1-9657-001cc4c002e0.html?cbst=38#.TselpO7NltM"]http://www.carrollco...38#.TselpO7NltM[/url]
[/quote]
Well, that's only because Whitworth holds Harrison on every play. Need proof? Ask any Steelers fan. According to them, Harrison gets held by every lineman that plays against him as its the only way to stop him because he's so awesome.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1321711913' post='1063893']
Well, that's only because Whitworth holds Harrison on every play. Need proof? Ask any Steelers fan. According to them, Harrison gets held by every lineman that plays against him as its the only way to stop him because he's so awesome.
[/quote]
Maybe Harrison just can't get sacks against true LG's...

:ninja:

Archived