!!!THE 2ND & 3RD ROUNDS OF THE 2012 DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1335564523' post='1124081']

Fair enough to each his own. I would love Randle and Jeffrey, not interested in Sanu at all, James in the 3rd would be ok but he is really undersized and Pead seems to be moving up everyones board.

Miller will be a great back in this league, ive had the pleasure of watching him play over the last 2 seasons and the kid can flat out run. Im just glad we didnt waste a 1st rounder on Martin. I couldnt believe that the Giants picked up David Wilson at 32. Makes me think the RB's will be flying off the board early in the 2nd round. I have a feeling the Bengals trade up.
[/quote]

well if RBs fly off the boards then WRs will not be. Then we pick one.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1335564525' post='1124082']
Hopefully Jeffery will fall to the Bengals and then they are able to get James with their first pick in the 3rd and use the second 3rd round pick on BPA.
[/quote]
I'd be happy with that. Frankly, I'd be happy with James, Polk or Pead in the 3rd - although now that we have an offensive line that can pound people to dust and make crater-sized holes I don't actually think it's the hugest need. I'd even be willing to go to war with what we have.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335564646' post='1124085']
I'm not big on Sanu either. Struggled to separate against Big East CBs from what I saw and heard.
[/quote]

115 catches, 1206 yards, 7 TDs in 2011.

I would hate to see what he could have done if he didn't struggle.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335564973' post='1124095']

[/quote]

very true, but when you watch the tape a lot of them are in zone coverage or WR screens where he's uncovered. When a CB actually got up in his face and guarded him him man-to-man, he struggled mightily.

He's also considered to not be any kind of deep threat at all, which the Bengals are openly looking for.

I would hate to see what he could have done if he didn't struggle.[/quote]

I'm not saying he didn't produce. He made a lot of contested catches. How many of those will he make against NFL CBs?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335565099' post='1124097']

very true, but when you watch the tape a lot of them are in zone coverage or WR screens where he's uncovered. When a CB actually got up in his face and guarded him him man-to-man, he struggled mightily.

He's also considered to not be any kind of deep threat at all, which the Bengals are openly looking for.
[/quote]

I just don't see a College WR having 115 catches in a season and "struggled" getting open.
That is averaging over 10 catches a game.

[b] Strengths[/b]
[list]
[*]Size (6-foot-2, 215 pounds)
[*]Good in jump-ball situations
[*]Quick burst in short area
[*]Quality route runner
[*]Strong upper body allows him to easily fight through jams
[*]Powerful legs help him drive through tackles
[*]Great body control and flexibility
[*]Outstanding hands - probably his best attribute
[*]Capable and willing blocker
[*]Team-first player and is a pleasure to coach
[*]Fearless over the middle
[*]Able to play split end or out of the slot
[*]Experienced rushing the ball (653 yards, nine TDs at Rutgers)
[/list]
[b] Weaknesses[/b]
[list]
[*]Lacks straight-line speed
[*]Will be a 23-year-old rookie - may not have as long of a career as other junior wide receiver prospects
[*]Only one year of exceptional production
[/list]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana][size=3][left]Read more: [url="http://www.kffl.com/a.php/129756/nfl-draft/2012-NFL-Draft-Scouting-Report--Mohamed-Sanu--WR--Rutgers#ixzz1tHVFZiEB"]http://www.kffl.com/a.php/129756/nfl-draft/2012-NFL-Draft-Scouting-Report--Mohamed-Sanu--WR--Rutgers#ixzz1tHVFZiEB[/url][/left][/size][/font][/color]

We are looking for a couple of WRs in my opinion.

Polk and Hill please. We desperately need a threat opposite AJ otherwise it'll be Chad all over again. A genuine deep WR only helps Green, and why wouldn't you help your best player?

I like Leonard more than most here, but don't think B.Scott is the answer and Polk would fill that change-up role nicely.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335564646' post='1124085']
I'm not big on Sanu either. Struggled to separate against Big East CBs from what I saw and heard.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Old - I'm not a guy who watches and knows alot about most of these players, but I have watched a majority of Sanu's games the last 3 years. I'm a Bearcat fan so I watch all the Big East games. I am on record probably 2 months ago in saying we already have a player like Sanu on our roster in Binns. Actually in my opinion Binns was a better player. Better hands. Better getting deep. Other than that they are equal. Binns in 6.03. Off the top of my head Binns in 215lbs. Binns was 4.5 forty yard dash.

Sanu was the only option in the absolute awful Rutgers offense. He is a very good receiver, but I won't be jumping up and down if the Bengals get him in the 2nd round.....

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335566387' post='1124113']
Polk is a little faster than BJGE but I wouldn't consider him a change of pace back
[/quote]
[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335566387' post='1124113']
Polk is a little faster than BJGE but I wouldn't consider him a change of pace back
[/quote]

I would say so more so based off his catching ability

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1335565963' post='1124109']
Did anyone talk yesterday about how after a guy was drafted they showed a video of him staring at the camera like he wanted to either eat you or fuck you. That was tremendously creepy.
[/quote]
Agreed

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335565175' post='1124098']

I'm not saying he didn't produce. He made a lot of contested catches. How many of those will he make against NFL CBs?

[/quote]

As you say, productive but I read where he didn't have a catch over 20 yards... For his career. Rutgers had some shit QBs but you'd think he'd have gotten some longer catches, either on longer routes or by breaking tackles and getting some YAC.

[color=#FF3300][size=5][b]MY DAY 2 DRAFT CRUSHES [/b][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#FF3300][b](adjusted for need)[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][b]- DE Courtney Upshaw[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- WR Stephen Hill[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- WR Alshon Jeffrey[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- LB Lavonte David[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- G Cordy Glenn[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- RB Lamar Miller[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- RB Robert Turbin[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- DT Jared Crick[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- DT Alameda Ta'amu[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]- CB Janoris Jenkins[/b][/size]