Taylor Mays crushing bitches  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Zimmer reign in Mays fly-by hard hitting?

• Yes, he's going to keep getting concussions or injuring Bengal players
    • Hell no! The guy is an enforcer and what every dominant defense needs. Worth the risk
  2. 2. Mays hitting is ...

• reckless
    • awesome
    • unbridled
    • all of the above
  3. 3. Should Mays start at SS this season?

• Of course
    • No, (name who should in his place)
  4. 4. Does Mays have what it takes to a Pro Bowler?

• Yes
    • Maybe, but not right now
    • No, limited in coverage

[center][IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/2012/tempAP616150283355--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote[b]]Taylor Mays plans to sit down with head coach Marvin Lewis[/b] and defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and discus his penchant for knocking out his own players. On Thursday night rookie middle linebacker Vontaze Burfict had to leave the game when Mays plowed into his head after Burfict tracked down tight end Michael Palmer following a wide-open 20-yard catch. On Friday night, Mays was in on the play where middle linebacker Rey Maualuga sprained his knee.

"I'm just trying to get to the ball and set the tempo throughout the game," Mays said. "It's just me being physical, but I have to be more conscious about whom I'm hitting. I'm going to ask the coaches to see what they think about it and go from there. I definitely want to be aggressive and set the tempo, but at the same time I don't want to do anything stupid."[/quote]

[size=2][url="http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Marvin-Jones-goes-long-again-as-receivers-shine-/0b6714c0-7eb2-4eba-b735-3c397e8b07c1"]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Marvin-Jones-goes-long-again-as-receivers-shine-/0b6714c0-7eb2-4eba-b735-3c397e8b07c1[/url][/size]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][b]I h[b]ope tha[/b]t they don’t try and reign in May’s fierce hitting … the guy is like Ronnie Lott (or David Fulcher) out there. Sure the occasional Bengal player might get caught in the cross fire, but just because you have friendly fire in war doesn’t mean that you ground all your air force. [/b][/color]

[b][color=#FF0000]If Mays keeps this hitting up, no opposing WR is going to come over the middle.[/color][color=#000000] The benefits will far outweigh the risks of accidentally injuring a fellow Bengal player. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#000000]I also saw a play on the 2[sup]nd[/sup] or 3[sup]rd[/sup] snap of the game yesterday where Mays went from 10 yards deep in the secondary to the fullback in literally .8 seconds [i](the fastest I’ve ever seen in football rush the line before).[/i] Someone needs to put that shit as a gif or on YouTube. [/color][/b][/font]

Hes leading with his head too much, when the real refs get back hes going to get a hitting a defenseless wr penalty every game. Wish he would wrap more. But he crashed down and set the edge on a run play that sent the RB right into Atkins arms and that was beautiful and violent.

[center][quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1345233437' post='1148024']
[size=6]sign Hines Ward and let Mays practice his hitting on him during practice[/size]
[/quote][/center]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/maysforweb.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][b][size=7][i]"Hine's punishment must be more severe."[/i][/size][/b][/center]

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1345236916' post='1148045']
he crashed down and set the edge on a run play that sent the RB right into Atkins arms and that was beautiful and violent.
[/quote]
[b]That's the play I was mentioning ... he shot down like a missile and destroyed the fullback and blew the entire play up like it was Kim Kardashian's vagina. [/b]

[b]Maybe his nickname should be [color=#FF0000]"May Day, May Day"[/color] ... because he crashes in like a WWII pilot who's decided he is going down anyway, so might as well be a Kamikaze. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1345232912' post='1148017']
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][b][color=#000000]I also saw a play on the 2[sup]nd[/sup] or 3[sup]rd[/sup] snap of the game yesterday where Mays went from 10 yards deep in the secondary to the fullback in literally .8 seconds [i](the fastest I’ve ever seen in football rush the line before).[/i] Someone needs to put that shit as a gif or on YouTube. [/color][/b][/font]
[/quote]

I remember this play. He just blew the FB back to the point turner thought screw this I will just try to cut back and play was stuffed behind LOS. It's been a long time since I saw a Bengals safety or any safety just overpowering a FB like that.

[quote name='cinci1fan1' timestamp='1345237460' post='1148052'] It's been a long time since I saw a Bengals safety or any safety just overpowering a FB like that.
[/quote]
[b]Not just that, but the speed with which he closed is faster than I thought a football player could even move, at any position. If he could move that way every play, no team could ever manage any running play. [/b]

[b]Then again, he's shown such speed before ...[/b]

[center][b][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rLxHZpiKQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26rLxHZpiKQ[/url][/b][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1345237380' post='1148051']
[b]Opposing WR's don't worry about going across the middle and being "wrapped up".[/b]
[/quote]

I don't care. When WRs don't get wrapped up they score long TDs.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1345237268' post='1148050']
Personally I am sick of guys missing tackles going for the knockout hit. Please just make the damn tackle. If you are the second guy there go for the strip.
[/quote]

Agree. But I would blitz him against big Ben every single down untill the vagina is carried out on a stretcher.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1345237268' post='1148050']
Personally I am sick of guys missing tackles going for the knockout hit. Please just make the damn tackle. If you are the second guy there go for the strip.
[/quote]

I agree, but Mays did get his tackle on both disputed plays.

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1345232912' post='1148017']
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#000000][b]I h[b]ope tha[/b]t they don’t try and reign in May’s fierce hitting … the guy is like Ronnie Lott (or David Fulcher) out there. Sure the occasional Bengal player might get caught in the cross fire, but just because you have friendly fire in war doesn’t mean that you ground all your air force. [/b][/color]

[b][color=#FF0000]If Mays keeps this hitting up, no opposing WR is going to come over the middle.[/color][color=#000000] The benefits will far outweigh the risks of accidentally injuring a fellow Bengal player. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#000000]I also saw a play on the 2[sup]nd[/sup] or 3[sup]rd[/sup] snap of the game yesterday where Mays went from 10 yards deep in the secondary to the fullback in literally .8 seconds [i](the fastest I’ve ever seen in football rush the line before).[/i] Someone needs to put that shit as a gif or on YouTube. [/color][/b][/font]
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][i]BJ, Mays reminds me more of Chuck Cecil but either one is a problem. Ronnie Lott played in a different era and culture. The game has changed. The league is doing all it can to support player safety and as I type this, there is a class action lawsuit against the NFL claiming the league didn't protect former players from concussions. If Taylor Mays doesn't stop trying to detonate ball carriers, three things will likely happen. (1) He will seriously injure himself. (2) He will seriously injure a teammate or a player from another team (3) He will become a league target whereas he will be frequently fined, penalized and even suspended.[/i][/color]

[color=#ff0000][i](SNEEKY)[/i][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' timestamp='1345243591' post='1148083']
If Taylor Mays doesn't stop trying to detonate ball carriers, three things will likely happen.
[/quote]
[b]Perhaps it's my testosterone-infused schadenfreude ... but I like seeing guys getting blown up on a football field. There's nothing better than seeing some guy wobble and then fall to the ground imo, knowing that his brain is shaking around inside his skull. [/b]

[b]Maybe it's also because I'm safe at home watching the explosions as a chickenhawk ... [/b]

[b]but I did wear #26 as a football player in high school :ninja:[/b]

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1345243182' post='1148081']
Other than that one play all his big hits have been against Bengals
[/quote]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/film/bhearthistory/Characters/Images/longshanks.gif[/img]

Edward the Longshanks: "[i]Archers." [/i]

English Commander: "[i]I beg pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own troops?"[/i]

Edward the Longshanks: "[i]Yes... But we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves. Attack."[/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1345244498' post='1148085']
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/film/bhearthistory/Characters/Images/longshanks.gif[/img]

Edward the Longshanks: "[i]Archers." [/i]

English Commander: "[i]I beg pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own troops?"[/i]

Edward the Longshanks: "[i]Yes... But we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves. Attack."[/i]
[/quote]

Didn't they lose that battle?

:39:

Archived