Kyle Cook done for the Season? Jeff Faine will visit tomorrow

[quote name='75North' timestamp='1346198406' post='1152157']
meh..what kind of upgrade would he really be over our young guys like Boling or Robinson?...yeah a few more starts but he will be just as "green" IMO...I'd still go after Faine...can't undersell that gritty vet presence
[/quote]

sounds like Boling is staying at LG no matter what happens.

Robinson needs to be getting as many snaps as possible. Worry about getting him a back up not replacing him. Robinson came from Notre Dame where he was part of an NFL style offense. I'd take a young guy that has room to develop over an aging guy that has no clue about the Bengals system.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1346196792' post='1152145']
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister"][b]Lance McAlister[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]LanceMcAlister[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Lap says no way Cook goes in opener....could be looking at after bye week...7 games into season. [url="https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Bengals"][s]#[/s][b]Bengals[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Not too bad...all things considered.

I'd start Robinson and give him every opportunity, sign Faine immediately and scour the waiver wire after final cutdowns next week. Additionally, if a better option can be found by going the trade route, I'd jump on it. I'd try to find a starting center AND a veteran C/G type by any of those means.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister"][b]Lance McAlister[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]LanceMcAlister[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Lap says no way Cook goes in opener....could be looking at after bye week...7 games into season. [url="https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Bengals"][s]#[/s][b]Bengals[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Better news than out for season.

According to Lapham, it sounds like Cook might not be out for the season. That's the first positive news I've heard all day on this. Nothing official but still encouraging. It sucks to carry the extra roster spot until he is ready, but 9 games is better than zero. I think signing a veteran is the only move here. Faine or somebody else with experience is needed given the circumstances.

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1346198151' post='1152151']
[b]I wouldn't mind trading Muckelroy for this Tenant guy ... but dear God don't trade Bufict for [u]anything[/u]. [/b]

[b]He'll be the best player on the defense in 2 years (with Mays).[/b]
[/quote]

They only count as one player because they take turns knocking each other out.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1346201167' post='1152179']
I say let the next man in line have a crack at the job. That's what he is for, right? Let's see what Stephens has. Don't trade any picks.
[/quote]
Stephens isn't the next man in line

I'm pretty sure they'll wait to see how Stephens looks on Thursday and then make a decision from there. He is obviously practicing with the first team now, so that plus the game on Thursday should tell them a lot. If he isn't just about perfect with his calls then you bring in Faine and he has 9 days to learn the playbook.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister"][b]Lance McAlister[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]LanceMcAlister[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Lap says no way Cook goes in opener....could be looking at after bye week...7 games into season. [url="https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Bengals"][s]#[/s][b]Bengals[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

That's the same shit we heard about Richie Braham...remember the friggin 'it's only a bone bruise--he should be back soon'?

And he ended up missing the whole season and finally retired.

[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1346206582' post='1152213']
I'm pretty sure they'll wait to see how Stephens looks on Thursday and then make a decision from there. He is obviously practicing with the first team now, so that plus the game on Thursday should tell them a lot. If he isn't just about perfect with his calls then you bring in Faine and he has 9 days to learn the playbook.
[/quote]
Nope trevor robinson is 1st team. Stephens will likely be cut again

The reason why Faine isn't in anyone's camp and the same reason why the Bucs cut him is because his asking price is very high. He was first round pick who got a big dollar contract with the Bucs. He's used to being paid as one of the top players in the league at his position, at 31 I'm sure he feels like he can still play at a high level. When you don't need the money and you are a free agent you can be selective about where you work, if you want to work at all.

Faine was the first guy flown in because he fills the need the best. He proven he can play at a high level(Pro Bowl), he has experience starting over 120 games in the NFL, and he knows Gruden system. The biggest question would be why wouldn't you sign him.

Two weeks ago Robinson was on the bubble, thought to be a practice squad candidate and now he's the starting center....am I the only one who thinks that's a huge problem and needs to be fixed by bringing in a capable vet who has proven they can get the job done.

The only reason why you wouldn't sign Faine is because you don't want to spend the money and being that the Bengals are well below the cap it just being unneccessarily frugle.

[center][img]http://gridironfans.com/forums/attachments/latest-nfl-headlines/41117d1346124920-bengals-c-kyle-cook-could-have-season-kyle-cook.png[/img][/center]
[center][size=6][b][color=#FF3300]Cook[/color]: [i]"Who let in the tatted Mexican?" :ninja:[/i][/b][/size][/center]

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1346211119' post='1152246']
The reason why Faine isn't in anyone's camp and the same reason why the Bucs cut him is because his asking price is very high. He was first round pick who got a big dollar contract with the Bucs. He's used to being paid as one of the top players in the league at his position, at 31 I'm sure he feels like he can still play at a high level. When you don't need the money and you are a free agent you can be selective about where you work, if you want to work at all.

Faine was the first guy flown in because he fills the need the best. He proven he can play at a high level(Pro Bowl), he has experience starting over 120 games in the NFL, and he knows Gruden system. The biggest question would be why wouldn't you sign him.

Two weeks ago Robinson was on the bubble, thought to be a practice squad candidate and now he's the starting center....am I the only one who thinks that's a huge problem and needs to be fixed by bringing in a capable vet who has proven they can get the job done.

[b]The only reason why you wouldn't sign Faine is because you don't want to spend the money and being that the Bengals are well below the cap it just being unneccessarily frugle.[/b]
[/quote]

:facepalm:

Get out of here with this 15 year old complaint. There is several reasons they may not want to sign him. They may be happy with what they have, he may of looked awful during his tryout, or they want to wait and see how Robinson does on Thus. He still could sign tomorrow or even tonight. It's not always about money with this team and really has not been the last several years.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1346212446' post='1152255']

Get out of here with this 15 year old complaint. There is several reasons they may not want to sign him. They may be happy with what they have, he may of looked awful during his tryout, or they want to wait and see how Robinson does on Thus. He still could sign tomorrow or even tonight. It's not always about money with this team and really has not been the last several years.
[/quote]

LOL Seriously? Why did JJ leave again?

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1346212446' post='1152255']

[/quote]

Tell that to Joseph and TJ. So now MB isn't a money pinching cheapstake, when did this change occur.

The koolaid is flowing and it seems like qiute a few are getting their fill. If you think Trevor Robinson is ready to be a starting center for a playoff contending team in the NFL then I got a bridge I want to sell you.

They have said that Robinson is atleast a year away from being ready and if they were so sure about Robinson and guys currently on the roster then why did they fly Faine up here first thing in the morning?

C'mon man, it's always about the money with MB, hell he actually charged season ticket holders to come to a pep rally held in their honor...now that's pimpin...But I guess you will buy whatever Hobson sells.

If Faine was out of shape they would have said we aren't going to sign the guy because he was out of shape, the Bengals love to do with guys..Duece Lutui comes to mind as a recent example.

After the inital reports of Faine coming to town for a workout, nothing else was said by the Bengals. All you heard from them was that they going to see how Robinson performed and some stuff about trading for guys who have yet to play. The last thing this team needs is another promising young guy who has never played before.

If we didn't need proven vets then why did we sign Travelle Wharton as the first FA in the offseason.

Like I said, it's always about the money when dealing with MB. Faine is the obvious choice and the longer it takes to get the deal done, if they even offer him a deal, the closer we get to opening the season with a guy who has never played center before in his life, an UDFA, starting in at the most important position on the oline.

It's like if Dalton got hurt and the Bengals decided to let Zac Robinson start the season as the qb...not a good idea if you want to actually win some games. I think how MB handles this situation will speak volumes as to how dedicated he is to WINNING. Not being competitive with Cleveland, but having back to back winning seasons and playoff victories.

Archived