The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - (Cinci-Fucking-)Jacksonville Jaguars

[quote name='cinci1fan1' timestamp='1349063570' post='1165095']
That was an awesome game with not so much ugly other than Jag fans bailing wayyyyyyy before the game got done.

On a side note is it just me or are the Jags cheerleaders way too damn hot?. One I saw coming back from a break with short hair damn hot....
[/quote]

Yeh, I spotted one that was my wife 20 years ago....and 20 years later, 48 years old on Sat, lucky me...she still HOT. (The little blondie at the 10 min mark after the incomplete pass on the far sideline at the 10 min mark in Q4) Definitely married UP!

[quote name='Legoland' timestamp='1349084199' post='1165124']

Nah, he can't be all that good. He wasnt drafted! Lol!
[/quote]

McShay and Kyper should run more players out of the draft so the Bengals can pick them up.

We just need to keep winning the games we should and hopefully, get healthy at the corner spot. The added pass rush will certainly help. Thought having Crocker back was a huge help just for leadership alone. If Dre can play like a first round pick and Hall comes back close to 100% we should improve noticeably. Having Jones, Dre, Hall and Allen/Clements/Newman in on passing plays is a pretty decent squad given they can play up to standard. That and move the TAZER to MLB and Clements to safety and this defense starts to look alot better.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1349099043' post='1165176']
We just need to keep winning the games we should and hopefully, get healthy at the corner spot. The added pass rush will certainly help. Thought having Crocker back was a huge help just for leadership alone. If Dre can play like a first round pick and Hall comes back close to 100% we should improve noticeably. Having Jones, Dre, Hall and Allen/Clements/Newman in on passing plays is a pretty decent squad given they can play up to standard. [color=#ff0000]That and move the TAZER to MLB and Clements to safety and this defense starts to look alot better.[/color]
[/quote]

I think we need to face the fact that Rey is the MLB for the season, we simply dont have anyone to play the WILL that has the talent of the guys we have starting a LB. I think LB is going to need to be a priority this off season.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1349102259' post='1165194']
I think we need to face the fact that Rey is the MLB for the season, we simply dont have anyone to play the WILL that has the talent of the guys we have starting a LB. I think LB is going to need to be a priority this off season.
[/quote]

And Rey actually didn't play badly yesterday. I don't really remember any "WTF?!" moments from him yesterday.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1349102489' post='1165199']
And Rey actually didn't play badly yesterday. I don't really remember any "WTF?!" moments from him yesterday.
[/quote]

x2. He can do a little better at wrapping up, but while there were a couple where he didn't make the solo tackle, he didn't let the guy get away and slowed him up til someone else came over to help. Would have had a sack/fumble if not for the Dunlap facemask.

All three backers, Maualuga, Burfict, and Lawson all each easily had their best games of the seaosn.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349102850' post='1165202']
x2. He can do a little better at wrapping up, but while there were a couple where he didn't make the solo tackle, he didn't let the guy get away and slowed him up til someone else came over to help. Would have had a sack/fumble if not for the Dunlap facemask.

All three backers, Maualuga, Burfict, and Lawson all each easily had their best games of the seaosn.
[/quote]

I'd still like to see him attacking the guy he's assigned to rather than waiting on him to come to him though, there was a play where Jones-Drew was coming up on a run and Rey had 3ish yards of space that he just waited on MJD to come to him rather than go at him. He needs to play his role and not over pursue but at the same time he needs to be more aggressive.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1349103301' post='1165204']
I'd still like to see him attacking the guy he's assigned to rather than waiting on him to come to him though, there was a play where Jones-Drew was coming up on a run and Rey had 3ish yards of space that he just waited on MJD to come to him rather than go at him. He needs to play his role and not over pursue but at the same time he needs to be more aggressive.
[/quote]

As far as the pass D goes, IMO in general I think the backers are dropping a little too deep in coverage, allowing those easy dumpoffs.

As the secondary gets healthier hopefully they'll be able to play less zone coverage and keep the backers closer to the line of scrimmage.

I've also noticed them guessing wrong too much. Some of the big runs being given up are because the backers drop into coverage thinking pass, and then have to run up to get the running back.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1349103301' post='1165204']
[/quote]

I've noticed this over this whole year....Rey isn't attacking the ball carrier...instead, he's waiting to essentially "absorb contact". His mentality isn't right at the moment. Again, in his head.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/PFF"][b]Pro Football Focus[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]PFF[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
The Bengals blitzed 6 different people vs JAX including both starting safeties and all 3 starting LBs[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1349111474' post='1165249']
I didn't see much of the game as I coach lacrosse. How did Mays play? He was in on a lot of snaps based on the SNAPS thread.
[/quote]

had a couple nice plays on short yardage dump passes. Don't recall any completions he gave up.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1349111723' post='1165254']
I can live with that.
[/quote]

I've read a couple different articles mention the Bengals were playing two deep safeties pretty much the entire game, which is why Gabbert's longest completion of the game was 23yds and I'm pretty sure that was mostly YAC I beleive.

I thought both Mays, Crocker and Nelson all did a good job of playing the ball in front of them coming up to make tackles and not letting anything get behind them.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349112041' post='1165255']
I've read a couple different articles mention the Bengals were playing two deep safeties pretty much the entire game, which is why Gabbert's longest completion of the game was 23yds and I'm pretty sure that was mostly YAC I beleive.

I thought both Mays, Crocker and Nelson all did a good job of playing the ball in front of them coming up to make tackles and not letting anything get behind them.
[/quote]

I could have sworn we were playing 8 in the box to stop the run, but if that's the case then I'm very pleased with what we did to stop MJD.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1349113826' post='1165278']
I am hijacking this by saying, first you fake a field goal in the Skins game, now you fake a punt, so what's next, blocking an extra point?
[/quote]

Tackle eligible play not near the goal line. 50 yard gain.

Archived