New Bengals helmet design

I have attached the flat black Boise St. helmets which are badass, and the reverse concept helmet that started floating around here a few years back. Question is simple, what would you do to the Bengals helmets if you could design this part of their next uniform? Include pics if possible. The Bengals are due for a change at some point and Nike does a great job with them.

I would love for the Bengals to make a hybrid of these two taking the flat black base from the Boise helmet and combining it with the high gloss orange stripes from the reverse helmet. I would also like to see the flat black helmet with a glossy tiger head logo (redesigned) on one side and maybe the jersey number on the other side in striped font. I suck in photoshop if any of you have skills see what you can whip up!

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1350823819' post='1172423']
Looks more like a horse than a tiger.
[/quote]

I think he was talking about if there were a combination of the boise and bengals helmet meaning the same matte black look like the boise state helmet but instead putting some stripes on there instead of the bronco

I'm a big fan of the matte black helmets. I'm not as big a fan of a tiger head logo, though. I'd explore the possibilities that exist with more geometric striping, the 'B' logo, or putting the old 'Bengals' type back on with a better font and layout... Today is bad for playing with photoshop, but I'll mess around with it on Monday. I also posted somewhere else how much I like the new Missouri Tiger uniforms (although not the tiger on their helmet).

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1350835244' post='1172452']
I wonder who makes the final decision on uniform changes. Prob has to go through mike brown....curious if Marvin would have a say
[/quote]

Personally I hate the way jerseys are going towards now. They are too flashy especially the new chrome helmet ones in college. It makes me think about the jerseys in the move 'Any Given Sunday.' The jerseys and helmets in that movie seemed so absurd, yet here we are in 2012, and they could fit right in! If the Bengals really did change their helmets, I'd want them to be black with the "B" logo with a white outline on the side.

[quote name='VonBlade' timestamp='1350846465' post='1172483']
I like ours as it is *shrugs*.
Sure the black with orange stripes is very cool, but tigers aren't black.
[/quote]

Lions aren't blue and silver, Steer aren't red, white, and blue, Ravens aren't purple, Rams aren't yellow and blue.

I like our helmets as well, but to dismiss the inverse design on those grounds is a bit silly...

I'm thinking old school with modifications.
Use your imagination here a little bit... I am clueless about photoshop.
But take the number below... orange with black stripes (but the black with orange is quite spiffy, I must admit),
a Bengals logo in front or full faced attack tiger and I like how the chin strap can be worn across the front for
photo ops as well as under the chin.

Yes, I think this would do nicely.

[img]http://images.worthpoint.com/files/144/d2c5a5ef194418fac827eb93fb9092e0.jpg[/img]

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1350849573' post='1172495']
I'm thinking old school with modifications.
Use your imagination here a little bit... I am clueless about photoshop.
But take the number below... orange with black stripes (but the black with orange is quite spiffy, I must admit),
a Bengals logo in front or full faced attack tiger and I like how the chin strap can be worn across the front for
photo ops as well as under the chin.

Yes, I think this would do nicely.

[img]http://images.worthpoint.com/files/144/d2c5a5ef194418fac827eb93fb9092e0.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Spearing someone with that would REALLY hurt.

I like it!

:thumbsup:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1350847006' post='1172485']
[b]Lions aren't blue and silver, Steer aren't red, white, and blue, Ravens aren't purple, Rams aren't yellow and blue.[/b]

I like our helmets as well, but to dismiss the inverse design on those grounds is a bit silly...
[/quote]

And no self respecting pirate would be caught dead in what Tampa Bay is wearing today.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1350859760' post='1172541']
Tigers can be white with black stripes... helmets would look like zebras.
[/quote]

The refs would be jealous and the Bengals would NEVER get a call. Though if the Bengals and refs blended in together, maybe the other team would get confused and crush some refs during the game.

I have always wondered why the Bengals are black and orange, but the zoo would bring black and white tigers to be on the sideline.

Archived