!!!THE BENGALS @ TEXANS WILDCARD PLAYOFF GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' timestamp='1357433386' post='1204750']
A lot of dropped passes. Poor pass protection. Schaub wasnt pressured at all the entire game.
Never saw anyone, Dalton or coaches chewing any ass for the drops or any mistakes for that
matter. No fire whatsoever!! Oh well. This team lacks leadership pretty badly.
[/quote]One part of the reason I have been bitching, we can't sack the qb ever time and our secondary needs to step up.They have done good against teams that don 't matter but when it counts they suck.There is a reason for that we suck against good teams.Lets draft and go our in free agency and get some good not value.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1357433656' post='1204773']
Did Dunlap or MJ play today?!? Really? Could have fooled me. They never sniffed Schaub. Our backers is horrendous in coverage. We need more capable corners and LBs who can run. Lots of them. Change of pace back wouldn't hurt either.
[/quote]

IMO the Bengals DL was really disappointing today.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' timestamp='1357433386' post='1204750']
A lot of dropped passes. Poor pass protection. Schaub wasnt pressured at all the entire game.
Never saw anyone, Dalton or coaches chewing any ass for the drops or any mistakes for that
matter. No fire whatsoever!! Oh well. This team lacks leadership pretty badly.
[/quote]

you must have had a different feed than i did. my NBC coverage didn't show the sidelines fulltime.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1357433727' post='1204780']
Tough game guys. But I can't say that I'm sorry for the outcome. I thought you guys were going to come back. It was very exciting. You have a good future with Dalton.
[/quote]

Nice game for Shayne. NE is my 2nd favorite team so I won't be a Texans fan next week, though.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1357433282' post='1204732']
This is the first time I've said this, but I think we need a new QB. Dalton just doesn't look like he has the arm, the accuracy, or the athletic ability to win against the good teams
[/quote]

Go was right, ...Dalton is Kitna, ...he can't take us to the promised land.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1357433762' post='1204783']
Dalton choked. He's okay but not great. Never going to carry a team himself to the SB.
[/quote]

I think it's too early to say that. He led you guys back many times this season, and was very close to doing that this game.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1357433762' post='1204783']
Dalton choked. He's okay but not great. Never going to carry a team himself to the SB.
[/quote]

^^THIS^^

I may catch hell for this but he does remind me more and more of Kitna. To be clear, I loved Kit. Just a guy who manages a game and rarely leads team to a W.

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1357433834' post='1204792']
Fucking kick Maualuga and Gresham to the curb. Not sure about Dalton anymore either...we also need another big time WR to take the heat off AJ.

I never expected our O and D lines to get manhandled all day long.

This one stings...
[/quote]

Should we do them like we did Crocker?

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1357433834' post='1204792']
we also need another big time WR to take the heat off AJ.
[/quote]

I still have faith in Jones and Sanu and think they will develop nicely, but I'm warming to this idea.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1357433908' post='1204798']
this i can agree with.
[/quote]

YAY!

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1357433898' post='1204797']
I think it's too early to say that. He led you guys back many times this season, and was very close to doing that this game.
[/quote]

...so did Kitna.

Game is over...finally...that was ugly from an offensive standpoint. Gruden did a poor job of getting his guys ready to play. Wade Phillips ate his lunch. If any coordinator should get a HC look it should be Phillips. Gruden couldn't convert a single third down, that's coaching. LawFirm was having a decent game but Gruden called a shitty game, I hope they replace him with Hue Jackson.

Gruden's bullshit bushleague AFL/UFL hybrid offense ain't working vs. the big boys. Sure you might have big days againts the bottom feeders of the league but against the guys you have to beat to actually win something like respect and championships we come up very short, not even close really. To go into the half with negative passing yards is a sign that the gameplan clearly didn't work.

BGJE finished with a 6 ypc and we lost by less than a TD. Why did this guy only have 11 touches, Gruden needs to find a way to change it up, or move on. Hopefully his brother takes a HC job and he goes to join him there. I think Hue can do a better job with this offense.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357433696' post='1204777']

IMO the Bengals DL was really disappointing today.
[/quote]

Yes and the LBs were weak in coverage. Too many 3rd and shorts and the Texans converted way too many.

Offense was terrible. No separation from receivers, including Gresham. Hawkins is a great story and all but he's done next to nothing the last 5 games or so. They really missed Sanu.

I really don't see that much positive in this year, we got bye with average or above talent.Hell I could see positive in a field full of shit, At least my crops may have a good year next year, but only if we have proper rain, same goes for the bengals.We just need to change more for the better.

Archived