Browns to interview Zimmer:Update, hire Chudzinski

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1357867520' post='1207168']
Cincy Jungle >> Report: Browns Want Second Interview With Bengals DC Mike Zimmer [url="http://t.co/eWtjN4hK"]http://buzztap.com/-TFw7eF[/url]
[/quote]

What are Michael Lombardi's thoughts on Zim? Since Lombardi is apparently in the fold in Cleveland it'd be interesting to know. I thought I read somewhere that he was high on Zimmer. I hope I'm wrong...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1357871866' post='1207193']
[url="https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL"][b]NFL: AroundTheLeague[/b][/url]The Browns have decided to hire Zimmer as their next Head Coach.
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you are making this up.

I was checking around a Browns message board to see if any insiders had any feelings and I found this:

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]With Whisenhunt 2nd interview complete, I've been told Zimmer will NOT be getting 2nd interview tomorrow. Chudzinski the favorite at this pt[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]*crosses fingers*[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1357872524' post='1207204']
I was checking around a Browns message board to see if any insiders had any feelings and I found this:

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]With Whisenhunt 2nd interview complete, I've been told Zimmer will NOT be getting 2nd interview tomorrow. Chudzinski the favorite at this pt[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]*crosses fingers*[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

What info does Browms insider Brian Shatteronia have?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357821736' post='1206932']
go read interviews about what the players think about zimmer and what they've done for their careers.
[/quote]

you're right. anyone who's played the game knows that's the bottom line. does your coordinator inspire you enough to where you'll sell out, where you'll commit yourself to the level of giving everything you have in your tank on every play?

if the answer to that is yes, that's an intangible that's pretty hard to account for. there's a rare few in the NFL that have that ability. if you've got one, do everything in your power to hold onto him, because he's an asset that, try as you might, you're likely not going to replace.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1357831425' post='1206974']
A lot of what you're saying are things that were said about Marvin Lewis. Just sayin'.

I think Zimmer can be successful as a head coach - he's organized, he demands accountability, etc. He's made guys better (how many reclamation projects has he been part of here), made chicken salad from chicken shit (his #1 defense in Dallas had a lot of ordinary players), and he's handled big egos well (Deion Sanders swears by him).

Cleveland scares me from a roster standpoint - great RB, QB who improved as the season went along, strong OL, some developing young WRs, and a very solid defense. Were Zimmer to go there, I don't think it'd be long before they were a playoff contending team.
[/quote]

probably monotonous, but i agree with tex again.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1357872524' post='1207204']

[/quote]

I am still betting on Whiz.

But Chudzinski a serious close second.

again, you DON'T let your coaches interview within the division while under contract. this is stupid as hell! ask yourselves this, how often have you seen this happen, where an asset on your staff becomes your immediate enemy and steals your players away? this as you're trying to annually improve your lot. damnit, i'll admit it.... i'm pissed off!

[quote name='mroby85' timestamp='1357874899' post='1207222']
Browns hire Rob Chdizonski per mortreport/adam shefter.
[/quote]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/OmarKelly"][b]Omar Kelly[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]OmarKelly[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
ESPN is reporting Rob Chudzinski is being hired as the Browns head coach. Congrats to Chud, a former Hurricanes player and coach.[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1357875079' post='1207225']
again, you DON'T let your coaches interview within the division while under contract. this is stupid as hell! ask yourselves this, how often have you seen this happen, where an asset on your staff becomes your immediate enemy and steals your players away? this as you're trying to annually improve your lot. damnit, i'll admit it.... i'm pissed off!
[/quote]

I don't like it, but its tough to be in their shoes. Let's face it Zimmer is long past due for a job. If someone comes calling, even if in the division, its tough to say know if you care about your friend and colleague at all.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1357872424' post='1207203']
I figure everyone wants to think I'm a browns fan as mine as go with it and quit arguing. So let's go Zimm lol
[/quote]

bullshit! i hope one of your employee's rapes you with a brazilian meat skewer for such hypocrisy.

[url="https://twitter.com/mortreport"][b]Chris Mortensen[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]mortreport[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Rob Chudzinksi is a done deal. He is the Browns new head coach. Confirmed.[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357875476' post='1207230']
[url="https://twitter.com/mortreport"][b]Chris Mortensen[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]mortreport[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Rob Chudzinksi is a done deal. He is the Browns new head coach. Confirmed.[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

!!!!

Been trying to break some news here first for months!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1357875177' post='1207228']
I don't like it, but its tough to be in their shoes. Let's face it Zimmer is long past due for a job. If someone comes calling, even if in the division, its tough to say know if you care about your friend and colleague at all.
[/quote]

in lieu of what's reported, and i'll accept it as being fact. no, absolutely no, fuck that! i don't agree with any part of your argument and believe your thinking is entirely wrong. you have one responsibility, that's to do everything you can to be the best team you can be. it's a double negative when one of your best assets goes to a team within your division, and it only multiplies itself when that respected coordinator takes some of your eligible FA's with him, ones that would likely be retained by your club otherwise, which could very likely happen. pat him on the back, give him a kiss on the cheek, show your appreciation in any way you want, let him improve his lot in the coaching world throughout the NFL. but within the division it's an absolute, unconditional NO NO...not while he's under contract. there's history on this, and it makes damn good sense.

Archived