***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

I'm sorry, but she WORKS in Paul Brown Stadium, but claims she didn't know who Pacman was?

Adding a little weirdness. Woman accusing Adam Jones of assault also works at Paul Brown Stadium. http://sbn.to/10itTPt 

My wife worked at Great American Ballpark and definitely could not identify a Reds player out of uniform.  Just because she works at the stadium doesn't mean she has any interaction with the players or is even a fan...

My wife worked at Great American Ballpark and definitely could not identify a Reds player out of uniform.  Just because she works at the stadium doesn't mean she has any interaction with the players or is even a fan...

LOL.  I'm a Reds fan and when I used to bounce at some downtown bars I carded Aaron Boone two nights in a row.     Ooooooops.

He even knew who I was on the second night and to me he looked average Joe. 

Extremely petty...and an abuse of discretion. Talking about the judge, I mean.  

have you ever seen anyone pat another person on the butt, when he/she was standing in front of a judge awaiting their sentencing? that would be the LAST maneuver i'd try to attempt for fear something might happen just as it did to chad. i've seen enough mean judges in my time.

have you ever seen anyone pat another person on the butt, when he/she was standing in front of a judge awaiting their sentencing? that would be the LAST maneuver i'd try to attempt for fear something might happen just as it did to chad. i've seen enough mean judges in my time.

I couldn't actually understand LeTigre's comment... Was he "talking about the judge" or referring to the DA "talking about the judge"?

I couldn't actually understand LeTigre's comment... Was he "talking about the judge" or referring to the DA "talking about the judge"?

you know what, i just glanced at his post and didn't see the two possible meanings until you mentioned it. TBH i don't really know, so we'd better let him do the talking.

you know what, i just glanced at his post and didn't see the two possible meanings until you mentioned it. TBH i don't really know, so we'd better let him do the talking.

Well, the only parties with the power of discretion in a court of law is the judge and prosecuting attorney so my guess is he was referring to the judge.

Judge issue no contact order for Jones and Wesley.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/15/pacman-and-his-accuser-ordered-to-stay-away-from-each-other/

This is basically a restraining order and something of a black eye for both parties.

If the judges tone can is correctly quoted, sounds like he/she isn't too thrilled with the whole thing.  Better than one ready to make an example.

Plaschke: NFL's Adam 'Pacman' Jones decision deserves penalty flag

The NFL's decision to allow troublemakerAdam "Pacman" Jones to speak at its upcoming annual Rookie Symposium isn't just comical, it's a "Saturday Night Live" skit.

Does a league beset with off-field violence issues really want to make a role model out of a guy who is still beset with off-field violence issues? It would be one thing if Jones, aCincinnati Bengals cornerback, had outgrown his troubled past, but he's still living it. Earlier this month, he was arrested and accused of hitting a 34-year-old woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub.

Isn't this like allowing an accused arsonist to speak to young firefighters while playing with matches?

Troy Vincent, the NFL's vice president of player engagement, basically told the Cincinnati Enquirer that players would listen to Jones talk about trouble-making because he was the real deal.

"You're not going to trick an athlete. They know when it's dressed up and not real," Vincent said. "When you can sit among your peers and just talk about your life, someone is learning from that."

But this scared-straight approach works only if the speaker has also been scared straight. Jones is obviously still battling the demons that have led to numerous off-field incidents. The most egregious resulted in Jones paying $11 million in damages to two Las Vegas strip club employees after a gunman shot them while allegedly doing Jones' bidding in 2007.

Does the NFL really want to make a role model out of someone who still needs a role model? Aren't they trying to be too cool here? Aren't they trying too hard to relate to young players who would be better off listening to someone tougher than tough-guy Pacman, someone who has actually shown the strength to overcome the off-field temptations?

Jones spoke to the symposium last year and was apparently very compelling. Too bad he didn't listen to his own advice. Now that he's back in trouble, he needs to be sitting in the audience with the rookies. Before allowing Pacman to preach to anyone else, the NFL needs to find someone to preach to him. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-adam-pacman-jones-20130618,0,5192391.story

Plaschke: NFL's Adam 'Pacman' Jones decision deserves penalty flag

The NFL's decision to allow troublemakerAdam "Pacman" Jones to speak at its upcoming annual Rookie Symposium isn't just comical, it's a "Saturday Night Live" skit.

Does a league beset with off-field violence issues really want to make a role model out of a guy who is still beset with off-field violence issues? It would be one thing if Jones, aCincinnati Bengals cornerback, had outgrown his troubled past, but he's still living it. Earlier this month, he was arrested and accused of hitting a 34-year-old woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub.

Isn't this like allowing an accused arsonist to speak to young firefighters while playing with matches?

Troy Vincent, the NFL's vice president of player engagement, basically told the Cincinnati Enquirer that players would listen to Jones talk about trouble-making because he was the real deal.

"You're not going to trick an athlete. They know when it's dressed up and not real," Vincent said. "When you can sit among your peers and just talk about your life, someone is learning from that."

But this scared-straight approach works only if the speaker has also been scared straight. Jones is obviously still battling the demons that have led to numerous off-field incidents. The most egregious resulted in Jones paying $11 million in damages to two Las Vegas strip club employees after a gunman shot them while allegedly doing Jones' bidding in 2007.

Does the NFL really want to make a role model out of someone who still needs a role model? Aren't they trying to be too cool here? Aren't they trying too hard to relate to young players who would be better off listening to someone tougher than tough-guy Pacman, someone who has actually shown the strength to overcome the off-field temptations?

Jones spoke to the symposium last year and was apparently very compelling. Too bad he didn't listen to his own advice. Now that he's back in trouble, he needs to be sitting in the audience with the rookies. Before allowing Pacman to preach to anyone else, the NFL needs to find someone to preach to him. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-adam-pacman-jones-20130618,0,5192391.story

Nah.   PacMan when on the radio comes off as a people guy.   Easy to listen to, IMO.     His perception is something all rookie's could learn from.

Nah.   PacMan when on the radio comes off as a people guy.   Easy to listen to, IMO.     His perception is something all rookie's could learn from.

I only read the part in the article where 'scared straight only works if the guy is straight'.  What bullshit.  In the scared straight shows way back when, the criminals weren't straight at all...or scared, for that matter.  They scared the young kids into not ending up like them, or with them in jail.

The effectiveness of PacMan's talks was that here was a guy in their position, who screwed up and nearly lost it all..This story is still a valuable lesson for the rookies that he is speaking to

IMO his current story is maybe the best one he can tell.  Out with friends, not looking to cause any trouble, still ended up in trouble.  Trouble can find you even if you're not looking for it, and you always have to be mindful of your surroundings.  Trouble can find you even if you're not the one who instigates it. 

Posted from my phone, sorry if it turns out like shit........

Author:
Michael Okeeffe

He is no longer Pacman. He is no longer a punk with a predilection for bar brawls and drug busts. He is a changed man, he says, a good father, a good husband, a community asset, a mentor to youth.

The makeover of Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has begun.

Im not out getting drunk, harassing people and being a (jerk) to people, he told USA Today last week not long after he was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly punching a woman outside a downtown Cincinnati bar.

Jones will speak at the NFLs rookie symposium in Aurora, Ohio, this week, despite this new addition to his lengthy arrest record, and he says he understands why his inability to escape his troubled history will be a topic of conversation. But he says it is time for everyone to move along.

At some point, he told USA Today, the past has to be the past.

But if Jones were truly a changed man, he will stand before the NFL rookies, embrace his past and acknowledge the damage he has done. And then he would cede his time to Tommy Urbanski, the former Las Vegas strip bar manager who was paralyzed in 2007 after a brawl sparked by Jones.

I dont think Pacman is going to stand up there and say I acted like an idiot and now a man is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life,  Urbanski said during a phone interview last week.

I could tell the rookies the truth about what can really happen when you give a guy a big contract and he acts like an animal and hes above the law.

The 600-word USA Today story includes lengthy statements from Jones and his agent Peter Schaffer about how Pacman has become an asset to his community, but there is no mention of Urbanski or the four bullets that nearly killed him in February 2007.

So heres what happened: Las Vegas police said Jones dumped a bag of money on the stage at Minxx Gentlemans Club. The football player punched a dancer who had the audacity to snatch up the cash and then brawled with club employees. He also threatened to kill members of the Minxx security staff, the police said.

Urbanski arrived at Minxx to begin his shift as Jones and his group were leaving. A gunman a man witnesses had seen with Jones earlier that night returned to Minxx and opened fire, hitting Urbanski and two other people, bouncer Aaron Cudworth and patron Natalie Jones.

Lawyers representing Jones, who pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct in December 2007 for his role in the fight, have said the cornerback had nothing to do with the shooting. But Jones has never explained why he waited seven months before telling Las Vegas authorities that someone called him a week after the shooting and demanded payment for what police reports called services rendered.

Jones has also never explained why he ultimately paid $15,000 to people linked to Arvin Edwards, the gunman who agreed to plead guilty to one count of attempted murder with use of a deadly weapon in exchange for a four-to-10 year prison

You know what Jones will tell the rookies? Urbanski said. Hell tell them to keep your mouth shut if you get into trouble until you know what the cops have on you.

Jones, Schaffer and the NFL would like fans to believe that Pacman is dead, and that a mature and thoughtful athlete has taken his place.

For them, Urbanski, who sued Pacman in Nevada state court and was awarded a $13.4 million judgment by a jury last year, is an inconvenient truth. Hes a reminder that redemption doesnt come from press interviews, but by admitting bad behavior and expressing real remorse.

I dont have no regrets or worries, Jones told USA Today, but if he has really grown up, he would acknowledge that he played a role in the events that put Tommy Urbanski in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He would express sorrow. He would have regrets and worries.

Archived